• ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    598691_4753788961450_1431411280_n.jpg

Bikes! Closest is a mid-80s Trek touring that I got at a garage sale for $25 - all original equipment. For use by whoever fits it. The red is my bestest riding partner's mid-80s Trek 400 with lots of miles and CAMPY SHIFT LEVERS!. Mine is the light blue Cannondale ST400 with those nearly-impossible-to-find SunTour Command shifters. I hope they never break, because replacing them will be a problem. 2013 Hilly.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This is my pride and joy. Not my best rider, but the best bicycle I have. 1938 Schwinn built Admiral badged.

Here's a custom 1937 Schwinn I built earlier this year. All parts but the frame and headset are new. Aluminum wheels. She's pretty light for a cruiser.

The most recent project. 1928 Schwinn with aluminum 700c wheelset wth 2 speed kickback hub. This one still needs work.

I like the old schwinns, have quite a few more but they are incomplete projects. My favorite and best rider is currently under a complete redo and I've been slacking on it for quite some time...

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Rusty Hornet I have an old Wards Hawthorn that was left at my house when I moved in. Its well worn and quite rusted but would make a neat restoration project. No clue what it's worth but would like to see it go to a good home where it would be restored. Maybe you can give me some info on it.
    I'll upload some pics tomorrow

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Rusty Hornet I have an old Wards Hawthorn that was left at my house when I moved in. Its well worn and quite rusted but would make a neat restoration project. No clue what it's worth but would like to see it go to a good home where it would be restored. Maybe you can give me some info on it.
    I'll upload some pics tomorrow
    I'll do my best. Pictures would help narrow down the decade. It could range anywhere from the 1930s-1970s. Looking forward to seeing it!

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Wow, a bicycle thread on INGO!

I commute to work about every day, and still find a little time to hit the hills on road and dirt. I used to race a lot in high school, and took a year off from college to ride for a UCI Continental team, but a regular job appealed more than life on a bike. Still love to ride though and I'm happy to see other INGOers doing the same!

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    For Road/Tri riding I use a 2015 Raleigh Revenio 3.0 with the Redshift Areo System attached. For trails (mostly the Milwaukee Trail in Bedford) I ride a Diamondback Axis 27.5. The Milly, as it is locally know, is now 10ish miles end to end and runs from Bedford to Williams Dam. A really nice 20 mile ride. I also have a schwinn cruiser that I am currently converting into a single speed for cruising around town.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Next time you're in Indiana, let me know. I'll take you mountain biking.

But where are we going to find moutains there??? ;)

Would be nice. :yesway:

We have some giants holes and hills in the woods around here, made by Allied carpet bombing during WW2 ... it makes for a great mountain bike ride.
    As long as you don't find unexploded ones that is ... whitch happens sometimes.

NightFisher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2016
    Indianapolis
    But where are we going to find moutains there??? ;)

Would be nice. :yesway:

We have some giants holes and hills in the woods around here, made by Allied carpet bombing during WW2 ... it makes for a great mountain bike ride.
    As long as you don't find unexploded ones that is ... whitch happens sometimes.

Where you do live Sylvain? Allied Carpet Bombing?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm switching jobs in a few weeks, and my new gig is about a mile and a half from home if I use the trail at the end of my road. I'm planning on doing most of my commuting either by walking or bike, problem is, I don't have a bike. I need to start research on bikes, just haven't had much time lately.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Where you do live Sylvain? Allied Carpet Bombing?

On the coast of Normandy, France.

The whole region and the woods around me were bombed heavily by the Allied forces prior to the D-Day landing.
    Actually for years before that (from 1940 to 1945 I believe) you had some V1 launching sites in those woods, who were lauching rockets into London.

I might posts some pics of that is people are intersted by the history of it.

V1%20Rocket%20Site%20at%20Val%20Ygot%202.jpg

You can see one of those V1 in Indiana, forgot the name of the town.

p543148956-3.jpg

Attachments

• p543148956-3.jpg
      p543148956-3.jpg
      20.4 KB · Views: 1

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Anyone doing the Nite Ride in Indy Saturday night? My brother in law and I am doing it. Next year, pending family expansion timing maybe, my daughter will be in a trailer behind my bike and my wife will rejoin us on the ride. Last year she didn't do it due to being pregnant and she isn't doing it this year due to the baby.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I'm switching jobs in a few weeks, and my new gig is about a mile and a half from home if I use the trail at the end of my road. I'm planning on doing most of my commuting either by walking or bike, problem is, I don't have a bike. I need to start research on bikes, just haven't had much time lately.
    For that short of distance you just need something with two round wheels and decent rubber. Depending on security at work there is also the potential for theft. Hit a couple garage sales, etc. and find something cheap and functional, buy a good lock and a comfortable helmet and you should be good to go. You can always upgrade later when new bike shops have their end of season overstock sales this fall.

Top Bottom