PDF download

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County

PDF download

Their own press release says that 76% of all school shootings occur using guns obtained from within the home. I was always lead to believe (by these same a*holes) that school shootings are all committed using stolen, black market, 80% "ghostgun", straw-purchased, gunshow loophole, full-auto ARs.

So which is it? Do we need to make it impossible to buy a gun, or just make sure they're all secured in a safe? If we all promise to used those stupid little gun locks more often, will you leave the 2nd amendment alone finally?

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Their own press release says that 76% of all school shootings occur using guns obtained from within the home. I was always lead to believe (by these same a*holes) that school shootings are all committed using stolen, black market, 80% "ghostgun", straw-purchased, gunshow loophole, full-auto ARs.

So which is it? Do we need to make it impossible to buy a gun, or just make sure they're all secured in a safe? If we all promise to used those stupid little gun locks more often, will you leave the 2nd amendment alone finally?
    It is whatever they need at the moment to fit their argument.

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central

It becomes however they manipulate the data to be!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    SCOTUS Heller v. D.C. in 2008 declared it unconstitutional to require firearm owners to keep their firearms unloaded and locked up. The narrative in the majority opinion about such laws making it impossible for someone to defend themselves is quite good. Biden and his Woke Minions will get thrashed in the Federal Courts for attempting it.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

This would be the 100 round, AR-14, machine gun Biden likes to mention.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's essentially a guidebook on various ways to secure firearms. Frankly, this is pretty innocuous.

As long as they aren't trying to force people to lock them up then I'm OK with this.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It's essentially a guidebook on various ways to secure firearms. Frankly, this is pretty innocuous.

As long as they aren't trying to force people to lock them up then I'm OK with this.
    This started with the military awhile back. It's no longer a guide now for them.
    It will be law for us soon as well.
    Oh the courts will save us. No it won't. Ask Texas.

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Again, I absolutely appreciate gun safety and the spreading of good information on storage techniques. That's a good thing and not an overreach.

What I can see being a possibility is that this initiative inadvertently (or perhaps absolutely on purpose) turns into another data collection exercise for the government.

Schools will start discussing this in the classrooms and simply by chance some kids will voluntarily offer up private information during the discussion. My mom carries a gun in her purse.. my dad has a gun safe.. my older brother was in the military and has tons of guns, etc.

The person leading the discussion could then open dialogue with those students individually and document the information. Well, how do you feel when your mommy carries a gun in her purse... oh you're scared of guns? You don't feel safe... we will protect you...we better report this to the police or insert other agency.

If this was simply giving kids a pamphlet and saying this is important, give this to your parents and talk about it with them, by all means that is fine in my mind.

If this is a another back door effort to collect private information under the guise of safety, nope. The problem is, I can't discern which it is.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I am going to posit that guns are not the problem; people are. Lock up those who need such treatment. Of course, the only problem with that logic is WHO GETS TO DECIDE.

Some history. I am going to be 67 years old shortly. In 7th grade (1969, JF Nuner, SBI), I was assigned a 'Teach us How-To' project in my (IIRC) English class. It was a public speaking assignment. I chose to demonstrate 'how to safely handle a firearm'. Specifically, my dad's big-game gun: a .30-06. Project was quickly approved by: teacher, principal, and the local constabulary, with one caveat: When I arrived at school, I was to leave the rifle, and accompanying 3 live rounds, in the principal's office until time for my presentation, then return it there afterward. The entire thing went off without a hitch. I carried it, cased, the 8 blocks to and from school. The gun wasn't the problem then. It isn't the problem now.

Top Bottom