• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    All seems like reasonable and responsible gun ownership. I was really looking for the loopholes to come and take your gun.

I completely agree. The only issue I take with this is that I don't want the federal government involved in this in any way because everything they do is just a foot in the door to get to the next thing. I also really don't like the tight integration we have between our local schools and the feds.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Why don’t that idiot Biden and his handlers concentrate on securing the southern border and the existential threat posed by the invasion of illegal aliens intent on destroying the American way of life?
    God, please save the USA???:horse:
    Border security is a red-herring. Problem? Yes. Big one? Perhaps. Our biggest? Not even close. As I see it, America's BIGGEST PROBLEM is it's government. Those individuals we (supposedly) elect to do our bidding. That has never been true in my lifetime, and most likely never was. Every politically elected official in this country is primarily concerned with ONE THING. KEEPING HIS/HER JOB. CONTINUING TO RIDE THE GRAVY TRAIN AT YOUR EXPENSE. They do nothing useful unless FORCED to act, and even then it is partisan. The FIX? Make all elected jobs in this country SALARY FREE, and limit it to one 10 year term. Period. Mayor, city council, governor, senator, president... ALL OF THEM. We can't fix this country unless and until we end the GRAVY TRAIN that is politics. Mr. Trump would, IMHO, gladly accept the job on those terms. Joe Biden wouldn't even understand the offer. As it is, the foxes are in charge of the henhouse. I don't see it ever changing. Tocqueville was right.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Border security is a red-herring. Problem? Yes. Big one? Perhaps. Our biggest? Not even close. As I see it, America's BIGGEST PROBLEM is it's government. Those individuals we (supposedly) elect to do our bidding. That has never been true in my lifetime, and most likely never was. Every politically elected official in this country is primarily concerned with ONE THING. KEEPING HIS/HER JOB. CONTINUING TO RIDE THE GRAVY TRAIN AT YOUR EXPENSE. They do nothing useful unless FORCED to act, and even then it is partisan. The FIX? Make all elected jobs in this country SALARY FREE, and limit it to one 10 year term. Period. Mayor, city council, governor, senator, president... ALL OF THEM. We can't fix this country unless and until we end the GRAVY TRAIN that is politics. Mr. Trump would, IMHO, gladly accept the job on those terms. Joe Biden wouldn't even understand the offer. As it is, the foxes are in charge of the henhouse. I don't see it ever changing. Tocqueville was right.

How do we do this and when do we start? I fear they have rigged the game to the point there is nothing we can do to fix it short of a reboot.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Looks like Lunch Box Joe has moved the ball forward...another five yards. Keeping your guns locked up, unless they are on your person, is just common sense, and should not need government intervention to make sure this happens.

In one sense, this latest "attempt" is a good thing, for we know there are some gun owners out there, who have no brains. In another way, this is a very bad thing, for we also know that the "end game" for most of government, is to end gun ownership for the country's citizens.

Considering who is introducing this move, I believe it is just one more action to end gun ownership in America, you just won't get them to admit that.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Not even 2 pages in and I am told the courts will save us, sarcastic and serious. Which is it?

Oh nevermind. Once a side is picked there’s no change on the internet!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If the Texas ruling is anything to go by. The courts won't save us.

Are you referring to the SCOTUS ruling? While it's being widely misreported, even by conservative outlets, what I had heard was that they kicked the emergency ruling back so the lower courts could rule, which while not ideal, is what they're supposed to do. I may have it wrong, but I believe it has to go back to the 8th circuit and once they've ruled, it would go back to SCOTUS for a ruling on the merits instead of the emergency vote. Something like that anyway.

Reactions: JAL

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    All seems like reasonable and responsible gun ownership. I was really looking for the loopholes to come and take your gun.
    It's essentially a guidebook on various ways to secure firearms. Frankly, this is pretty innocuous.

As long as they aren't trying to force people to lock them up then I'm OK with this.

As the kids say, "Cool story, bro"!
    Now, name for me the last law, executive order, policy, or suggestion coming from this administration, that you find to be logical, reasonable, beneficial, or in accordance with human nature.

I'll wait........

Hint: This one ain't any of those things, either.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    As the kids say, "Cool story, bro"!
    Now, name for me the last law, executive order, policy, or suggestion coming from this administration, that you find to be logical, reasonable, beneficial, or in accordance with human nature.

I'll wait........

Hint: This one ain't any of those things, either.
    I get the sentiment, but suggestions can be ignored. And as of now, this isn't a law, executive order or policy. So.....

There is enough garbage coming out from the Biden regime that I prefer to save my concerns for actual infringements, and this doesn't appear to be one of those things.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I get the sentiment, but suggestions can be ignored. And as of now, this isn't a law, executive order or policy. So.....

There is enough garbage coming out from the Biden regime that I prefer to save my concerns for actual infringements, and this doesn't appear to be one of those things.
    I trust absolutely nothing coming from this administration.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    A solution looking for a problem, based on the false assertion that deaths related to firearms are the leading cause of death among children.

"Safe storage" doesn't stop people who choose to use firearms in an intentional manner, nor does "safe storage" stop people who choose to steal firearms.

"Safe storage" might reduce the (already historically low) number of accidental firearm deaths among actual children.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    A solution looking for a problem, based on the false assertion that deaths related to firearms are the leading cause of death among children.

"Safe storage" doesn't stop people who choose to use firearms in an intentional manner, nor does "safe storage" stop people who choose to steal firearms.

"Safe storage" might reduce the (already historically low) number of accidental firearm deaths among actual children.
    wait, you mean lumping 18-19 year old gang bangers with a 3 foot long rap sheet into the "children" category isn't intellectually honest? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell ya.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    wait, you mean lumping 18-19 year old gang bangers with a 3 foot long rap sheet into the "children" category isn't intellectually honest? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell ya.
    It's not just the 18-19 year-old adults. "Child" in this context means "human prior to puberty", which is generally understood to be up to 12 (and in some legal contexts, up to 14). Even further, excluding children aged 0 - 1, as the cited study does, further exacerbates the cherry-picking problem.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It's not just the 18-19 year-old adults. "Child" in this context means "human prior to puberty", which is generally understood to be up to 12 (and in some legal contexts, up to 14). Even further, excluding children aged 0 - 1, as the cited study does, further exacerbates the cherry-picking problem.
    wait... anti-gunners were cherry picking data? NO! That can't happen!

Top Bottom