• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildnmild1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    21st century in Bluffton will continue to get my buisness and McGalliard Guns also needs a class on customer service.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Ok. As a business owner you always know that you cannot keep everyone happy. Thats just the way it is...............so in saying that I have decided to post a response to the new user (2 ) post who was less than happy with Big Daddys Guns and More and also McGalliard Guns.

I know from the minute that this guy was in the shop that he was going to be an issue. But as we all know the customer is always right.

In this forum I wish we had a way to sort through all the good people who leave honest feedback ...both good and bad.and let the bad ones go.............I do pay attention to what people think.........

So riddle me this.............We allow you in the store...........we have what you want.............we agree on a price that you like.................we look at your trade................we give you what you want for your trade...............and then you ask for price on another gun................we again work the price................and then you decide you dont want to trade......................we say thats ok.............thanks...................and come back again.................you then go outside my business and tell someone that is coming in that we are *******s......................the other customer comes in and after about ten minutes tells us the story and starts laughing because he cant find *******s in the store..........................OK.......see how the story goes.

So as the story goes on I want to let you know that as the owner of Big Daddys I would encourage you to come back to my store so we can have a face to face. I will try and clear up any misunderstanding that you may have.............and I promise you that you will leave my store with a DIFFERENT OUTLOOK on life. I PROMISE.

I hope that you are not going to be one of those individuals that get on these forums and just say bad things so that you can hide behind the internet. SO PLEASE..............lets have a face to face so we can TALK.

A good friend once told me that in order to process negative things that someone has said about you or your business you mst first value that persons opinion. In this case I hope that you can read this post and HEAR MY MESSAGE.

Last edited:

wildnmild1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    First, let me apologize for they way I started off in this forum, I do apologize to everyone as I was a bit bothered yesterday.

Second, I have slept on it and still feel they way I did yesterday about my experience. No gun shop should tell you that they are not going to show you a 550 dollar weapon unless you are going to buy it.

Third, their statement of "If you are not going to buy it, I am not going to get it down" was the starting point of when this whole episode went bad. Lets call it and eye for and eye.

Fourth, Big daddy's response of "I knew from the minute that this guy was in the shop that he was going to be an issue" further enforces my opinion.

Your story of me going outside and saying stuff about you, is only partly true. The man outside asked me why I looked upset and he got a response.

I will delete my account on here since I most likely will be kicked off or ignored anyway. I also was just looking for a place to share my experience, so I guess I will have to do that now in a person to person setting.

I leave you with this tidbit of sales fact. If a person has a good experience they tend to tell 3 people about it. If a person has a bad experience they tend to tell 10 people about it. thank you for the sympathetic ear and giving me a chance to voice my opinion.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    There is no reason to delete your account as I'm sure you are in no danger of getting kicked off. We just like to feel a feel for Someone threw posts before we take their complaints as fact. It also throws up a red flag when Someone signs up and day one starts slinging mud.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I stopped in to Big Daddy's today and can say that I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN! I asked to see the mini draco on the wall and the salesman told me he wasn't going to get it down if I wasn't going to buy it. I asked if he liked money and if he wanted me to buy somewhere else. Needless to say, my money will be spent somewhere that likes to take care of it's customers and not worry so much about the money. It's pretty bad when you have the money in your pocket and find the gun you are looking for only to have poor customer service ruin Big Daddy's chance at my hard earned cash. They also advertise to be a Class 3 dealer, but do not have a license yet.

You're that guy that smoked all my para-cord! :dunno: I've been to BD's many times and it has never been as you described. They go out their way to help everyone that comes through the door. Plus if he doesn't have what you want, he will ordered it for you.

Last edited:

jim.a

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Big Daddy's

I have been to Big Daddy's a few times this month and the Staff is alway very helpful. Brent would trade for anything. Nice shop with a lot of nice people.

Ridgeman4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Middletown
    I have also been to BigDaddy's a few times and have bought from Brent. Not only did he have compairable prices, but he had what no one else had. I had been looking for a specific gun for my wife for quite a while. I was only looking for that specific one because that's what she wanted. I had looked at all of the local gun stores that I knew of and everyone kept telling me 'good luck'. I even searched the internet and couldn't find one in stock anywhere. Lone behold, I walk into Brent's store and there's one in the case. We agreed on a price (a little lower than sticker, but he wouldnt let me beat him up too much) and now she carries it daily.

I WILL be back to BigDaddy's and WILL buy from there again. Anyone that claims to have had a bad experience needs to man up and accept at least a little bit of the blame himself. Just my :twocents:.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Just a quick thanks to all that hae come in to the store. We are trying to keep the inventory up. Just a quick note...............We are moving into a new phase in a couple of months. Ww will be hydro dipping guns and other things.............We are also installing our own bluing tanks and should be up by the end of October.

Thanks again...........Big Daddy

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I went to big daddys yesterday for the first time. Friendly staff, competitive prices, and supprisingly good selection. I really didnt expect to see the amount of guns there that i saw. We needed a shop like this in our area for quite some time

westwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Bought a pair of rifles a couple weeks back. Thought I got a pretty good deal on them. Not much ammo though.

bnax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    South Eastern Indiana
    Went to Utah non resident conceal carry class this weekend. Everything went very well, and it was nice that they had a notary present for the class, saved me another step.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I stopped in a couple weeks ago. I didn't find anything I couldn't live without but I wasn't actually looking for anything in particular either. Even though I was just looking I was treated well and asked if I needed assistance.

Every time I have been in the store they have always been friendly and helpful. One of the employees who is also on INGO, always answers my stupid girl gun questions whenever I PM him.

I took the Utah class with Brent this June and enjoyed the class. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who needs the class.

I've picked up Tokarev ammo for my son at Big Daddys. As far as gun pricing goes, they are comparable to other local stores. Cheaper prices can be found in larger markets. That is typical of anything you buy.

Overall I like the store and the people who work there.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    21st century in Bluffton will continue to get my buisness and McGalliard Guns also needs a class on customer service.

I bought my SP101 from MCGalliard Guns in Muncie back in February. They were very nice and respectful towards me. I try to stop in whenever I am in the Muncie area. Since they were nice to me and not you, I must be cuter than you are. :):

Top Bottom