• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    We got a female dog that that we were told was half GSD half lab... Vet agreed but I know it is hard to tell at a young age.

She looks A LOT like an English Mastiff GSD mix (found a vid of one on youtube). She weighs 14.6 pounds and is 9 weeks old..... she also is a little skinny right now (come to find out had worms but got her to the vet). She has pretty big paws and a relative of mine has a female GSD who was a healthy 10 pounds at the same age ours is......

Our dog does not have the typical crunched up skin above the eyes of a Mastiff but I have found pics of them not having that.......

Either way I don't care much... just not going to like the food bill......

I will try and get pics up soon....... the size of her paws and weight has a few people thinking Mastiff........ My wife went and got the dog and owners said they were giving her away because they already had two big dogs.....

Last edited:

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    So are you hoping for this:

thumbnail.aspx

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    So are you hoping for this:

thumbnail.aspx

ROFLMAO! Kitty, where'd you find that picture? It looks just like me several years ago! The horse looks (at least from what I can see) Arab in nature, or possibly MorAb, it's conformation is great! And the dog could be the father of some friends of mines Mastiffs. There are a few breeds of Mastifs, Neopolitans aren't one of my favorites, (to many wrinkles) but they're recognized by the AKC now. English Mastiffs usually top out at around 235 to 250 lbs, and there's one other (European I think, but I'm not sure) that I hadn't heard of it before. The vet tech told us about it last week at a visit there. Those two in the picture are great to look at, what a great shot you found! I love it!

And if you got tired riding the horse, you could always switch to the dog! :): Good to see you again. Oh, and before I forget to tell you, I LOVE your avatar!

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Our yellow lab puppy was 16 pounds at 10 weeks, so I'd say you don't necessarily have a monster on your hands. Vet told me it's easier to estimate the adult weight at 4 months (by multiplying their weight by 2.5).

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    ROFLMAO! Kitty, where'd you find that picture? It looks just like me several years ago! The horse looks (at least from what I can see) Arab in nature, or possibly MorAb, it's conformation is great! And the dog could be the father of some friends of mines Mastiffs. There are a few breeds of Mastifs, Neopolitans aren't one of my favorites, (to many wrinkles) but they're recognized by the AKC now. English Mastiffs usually top out at around 235 to 250 lbs, and there's one other (European I think, but I'm not sure) that I hadn't heard of it before. The vet tech told us about it last week at a visit there. Those two in the picture are great to look at, what a great shot you found! I love it!

And if you got tired riding the horse, you could always switch to the dog! :): Good to see you again. Oh, and before I forget to tell you, I LOVE your avatar!

That's a fake picture, otherwise that thing would weigh 5-600 lbs.

MelandCliff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Speedway, Indiana
    We have Fila Mastiff's and when they were 10 weeks old they were about 30 plus pounds and when full grown he was 185 to 190. And our female is about 130.
    I would love to see a picture of the pup.

SteelersFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Muncie
    We have Fila Mastiff's and when they were 10 weeks old they were about 30 plus pounds and when full grown he was 185 to 190. And our female is about 130.
    I would love to see a picture of the pup.

+1 My English Mastiff was 34lbs at 10 weeks and is now 4 years old and around 210lbs.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting

It's a picture I have in a for fun folder with my dog training. Yes, it's altered but it a joke whenever someone we know starts complaining about a puppy/dog getting "too big".:D

And your avatar is adorable!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    There are no questions, only answers.....

But seriously, whats the question?

My 4 y/o son has been watching a lot of Kung Fu Panda lately.

I dropped something and broke it the other day. He asked me why I did that (everything is "why" right now), and I told him it was an accident.

He told me, "there are no accidents."

Well played son, well played.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    That's a fake picture, otherwise that thing would weigh 5-600 lbs.

Awwww, dash my dreams! It would be awesome to own a dog that size, but I'm not sure where I'd keep it. Unless we won the lottery, could buy property like "LoveMyWoods" has, and a mansion big enough so I could keep it comfy. Can you imagine the size of the bones and dog toys it'd need? And the bed? We'd need at least a King size bed for it to sleep in. And the food bill would be bigger than the horses! :D

Oh well, I want a "Billybumbler" too, and don't stand a chance of finding one of them, except in the imagination of S. King. But what a great idea! A Bumbler who could understand your speech and talk with you, in words rather than just barks. :D

Sigh.....if only.......

7th Stepper

Top Bottom