Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Something along these lines would be nice:

mz7Kn.jpg

If I ever have the money, that's what I am tempted to get :)

Ummm, Kedric? I'm familiar with most breeds, but you've got me stumped on that one! What is it? Ohhhh, imagine the hair factor on that one! :D

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Benny is correct.:+1::yesway:

Caucasian Ovcharka Information and Pictures

Caucasian Mountain Shepherd / Ovcharka. There is a plains breed as well, which is short haired. Hailing from Russia, still very rare in the US, saw some from a reputable breeder hitting 4k each, which is a little rich for my blood.

They are gorgeous, though! I first found out about them oh... year or so ago, and fell in love instantly.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana

Caucasian Mountain Shepherd / Ovcharka. There is a plains breed as well, which is short haired. Hailing from Russia, still very rare in the US, saw some from a reputable breeder hitting 4k each, which is a little rich for my blood.

They are gorgeous, though! I first found out about them oh... year or so ago, and fell in love instantly.

Ummmmmmm, Bill.......I WANT ONE!!! CAN I HAVE ONE? PLEASE? Then mine would be bigger than yours! hehe :):

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

I would love to have one, but for $4k a piece, 2-3 GSDs would be a more effective security system and a fraction of the price. Not to mention that last time I looked for an Ovcharka, it would have cost an arm and a leg just to get it here since they are pretty rare.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I would love to have one, but for $4k a piece, 2-3 GSDs would be a more effective security system and a fraction of the price. Not to mention that last time I looked for an Ovcharka, it would have cost an arm and a leg just to get it here since they are pretty rare.

Naw, I've paid more than that for a horse, (my purebred Tennessee Walker mare was over 5K, (and before anyone asks, NO, I do not believe in Stacks or the use of hoof chains. She wore Plantation Shoes, or went barefoot.) and their upkeep is a far greater expense when you figure in boarding, shoes, vet bills and food. Not to mention all the tack you need to ride, as well as the brushes, combs, sprays, and fancy stuff you can get for them. Plus they're no where near the protection/intimidation THAT dog would be if a BG tried to look into the window! He'd think he was on drugs, or staring a Lion in the face! I've got to ask.....just how BIG and deep is his/her bark?

Sheesh Kitty, a dog neither one of us has ever heard of or seen, that's gotta be a record with our combined amount of training and different breed experience! Whoda thunk it? :): I'll feed if you groom, we can share! :)

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Sheesh Kitty, a dog neither one of us has ever heard of or seen, that's gotta be a record with our combined amount of training and different breed experience! Whoda thunk it? :): I'll feed if you groom, we can share! :)

If I was closer you'd be on. I LOVE to groom. Granted I usually end up with almost as much hair on me as the dog. I find the repetitive motion almost meditative - my own little reboot.:yesway:

Top Bottom