• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    About time! Of course it took the usual suspects to have the courage to put this piece of legislation forward. Ron Paul and Barney Frank. Go figure. The republicans will, of course, oppose it. Even though it is based in "states rights". Neither wing of the Boot On Your Neck Party has any intention of ever relinquishing federal power over the states and people. They need their drug war, the same way a junky needs a fix.

Barney Frank and Ron Paul will Introduce Legislation on Thursday to Fully Legalize Marijuana - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    This is good news.
    Not a snowball's chance in hell of actually passing. But it's a step, and maybe it'll start some rational debate for a change.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Even though it is inevitable that this bill will be thoroughly squashed by the Federalists, you gotta admire folks who continue to do what's right even if it is futile. :patriot:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is good news.
    Not a snowball's chance in hell of actually passing. But it's a step, and maybe it'll start some rational debate for a change.
    I, too look forward to a debate on the matter, but the drug warriors will not engage in a "rational" debate. It's not in their makeup, or rule book. If it were, the drug war would have ended 35 years ago. As it is now, too many branches of government, federal, state and local profit from it. The debate needs to be had, tho. It's long overdue.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Barney has always wanted to jump in bed with Ron. Even if it's just on a legal issue:)::):

Seriously, I wish it would actually catch and be sent back to the states. It could really help solve some problems. IMO

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I, too look forward to a debate on the matter, but the drug warriors will not engage in a "rational" debate. It's not in their makeup, or rule book. If it were, the drug war would have ended 35 years ago. As it is now, too many branches of government, federal, state and local profit from it. The debate needs to be had, tho. It's long overdue.

Drug warriors tend to be like anti-gunners, only with a different object to ban.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Drug warriors tend to be like anti-gunners, only with a different object to ban.

Not really. There isn't billions in incentives or the opportunity to joy ride and total a Lamborghini. The War on some Drugs is a business venture. No money in banning guns.

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Bill stands no chance in he!!. Shame too.

Agreed, the Fed's keep going round and round on this... Dragging their feet and what not... All the while the states are making up their own minds an legalizing..

This one will get crushed but one of these days this nonsense will be over.

Cheers

IndyPrepper

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I don't remember where I posted this, so I will repeat: In 1933 they realized that the war on alcohol wasn't worth the death and horrors that just legalizing and controlling where it is used. Let us hope that this stupid war on drugs comes to an end, and they treat drug use the way they treat alcohol. Drinking and driving, or drugs and driving will get you locked up. Public intoxication, alcohol or drugs also a no-no.

Too many innocents have died in this stupid war on human nature. Enough already.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I don't remember where I posted this, so I will repeat: In 1933 they realized that the war on alcohol wasn't worth the death and horrors that just legalizing and controlling where it is used. Let us hope that this stupid war on drugs comes to an end, and they treat drug use the way they treat alcohol. Drinking and driving, or drugs and driving will get you locked up. Public intoxication, alcohol or drugs also a no-no.

Too many innocents have died in this stupid war on human nature. Enough already.

I agree. I read your first post too, and I can't remember where you posted it either. :):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Fat chance of this passing. They need to have those who have been victemized in one of these no knock raids gone awry testify at the hearings. All the jail time and money and assets seized are not worth the innocent loss of life. If the justice dept was really looking after the "people" they would put an end to this on the federal level and the states would shortly follow.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    ..aaand it's dead.

Lamar Smith, R-TX, chair of the House Judiciary Committee:
    "Marijuana use and distribution is prohibited under federal law because it has a high potential for abuse and does not have an accepted medical use in the US. The Food and Drug Administration has not approved smoked marijuana for any condition or disease."
    "Decriminalizing marijuana will only lead to millions more Americans becoming addicted to drugs and greater profits for drug cartels who fund violence along the US-Mexico border. Allowing states to determine their own marijuana policy flies in the face of Supreme Court precedent."

The pharmaceutical industry and alcohol distributors are prominent among his campaign contributors. Man's just doing what he's paid to do.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Big Pharma: What?, We can't patent Marijuana?

Big Gov: Nope, It's a natural plant.

Big Pharma: Well, if you want that campaign contribution, the private jet, and that house in the Hamptons, you'll keep it illegal.

Big Gov: Done. And while we're on the subject, I could sure use a vacation, how about another fact finding trip to Rio?

Big Pharma: Next month good for you?

Big Gov: Sure, I can move the schedule around, there's too much going on with that pesky BATFE thing anyway. That damned Issa is getting close, we'll take him and get some pics with a local prostitute to hold against him.

Big Pharma: All right! I love doing stuff like that!

Big Gov: See next month then!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Pot heads tend to be High Times and Mother Jones anti-gunner leftists.

I think some people are misunderstanding what I meant. Anti-gunners and drug warriors tend to use the same types of arguments, such as false statistics, hysterical appeals to emotion, and threats of dire consequences, all of which are completely baseless and stupid, and none of them recognize how stupid they are no matter how you try to approach the subject and no matter how reasoned and well-thought-out and supported your arguments may be.

Aside from that, as a musician I've known a LOT of potheads in my life, and they don't all fit that mold. You would be surprised at some of them. Truly surprised.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Aside from that, as a musician I've known a LOT of potheads in my life, and they don't all fit that mold. You would be surprised at some of them. Truly surprised.

I think there is a difference between a pothead and someone who enjoys a little smokie treat, even on a regular basis. Just as there is a difference between an hard core alcoholic and someone who has a drink now and then.
    Me, no issues with Mary Jane. It should be legalized. We have gained nothing but grief, death, and debt through the War on Drugs.

Top Bottom