• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Can someone explain to me why a BInary trigger has 3 positions?

It's pretty simple:

1 - Safe

2 - Semi

3 - Binary

The binary refers to the mode of firing, not to the number of positions.

The Franklin BFSIII HK-C1 works pretty great on my MP5. Sure, it's no substitute for a full auto pack, but it gets you close to a burst with 2 rounds rather than 3.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    An advantage to the BFSIII is that you can run a .22lr adapter kit in it with no issues. The Fostech site says that you need to swap parts to run a .22lr kit. With the BFSIII, you can just drop the CMMG bolt into the rifle and run that in binary mode as well.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    That's pretty slick. check on Black Dogs web one in a while.

S&W-DRUM

They occasionally half 50% off sales. That's how I got my 2 drums. They have been as reliable as the S&W mags.

Black dog and I don't get along. I had bought a couple of his drums for the 10/22 and they didn't work. I sent them back and he ran them in his and they worked. He basically called me a liar when i told him they wouldn't work in any of my weapons. AT the time I had around 30 of the 10/22 rifles. So I sold them and won't even look at his products now.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Black dog and I don't get along. I had bought a couple of his drums for the 10/22 and they didn't work. So I sold them and won't even look at his products now.

I had a bunch of the Black Dog translucent mags for the .22 ARs, and every one of them cracked at the feed lips. The replacements that Black Dog sent cracked too. So I junked them and bought the CMMG mags, which have proven to be nigh indestructible.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I think I have lost mine to the grandson.

Took it out again today. First time out I was only doing single trigger pulls(2 shots). Today, I was able to shoot like I wanted. Multiple trigger pulls at a time. Had a few misfires(?). Rim of those rounds had appeared to have a VERY slight imprint made the firing pin. Wish I had taken a pic now. Those rounds were shot again in the following mag with no problems.Out of 700 or so rounds we put through it, it only happened a dozen or so times. Other than that it was a hoot to shoot. :rockwoot:Ammo was CCI mini mags. Now that I think about it, been a long time since I pulled the firing pin and cleaned the channel. :dunno:

Last edited:

455 Beretta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    WLaf
    Forgetting the bumpstock ban for a minute, just for discussion’s sake - would the combo of a binary trigger and bump stock theoretically double the rate of fire vs a bump stock with a regular trigger?

Maybe this is more a question of the max theoretical rounds-per-minute limit of the AR/M action? If it’s a stupid question, my apologies for bringing it up...I’ll go away now.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I have the Franklin on my sbr lower.
    I use it, mostly, as a 2 shot burst, and in that form, it works great.
    I don't like it to shoot any faster, as it is difficult to control.

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co

Try one in an AR-10, talk about hard to control! Fun as hell, but expensive though.....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Mine is on an XM177E2 clone. The max I can go with reasonably aimed fire is 6 rounds but either a 2 or 4 round burst works best for me.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I never had a desire to buy one in the past.... but for some reason, and Im Not sure why, but I have a strong desire to buy one now.... the fostech echo ar-ii is looking pretty good to me, well by good, I mean fun.... especially if the big igloo kicks off

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I have been trying to find a registered M16 auto sear, but after playing with the echo II, I am no longer looking. I’ll save the 25-30K for something else.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I have been giving this a lot of study. It's something I'm interested in and with the help of others who had light primer strikes, I want to eliminate this common problem. Watching comparison videos and reading other forums, here's what I learned.

The Franklin gen 3 will work with AR 9's.
    Use the standard hammer spring in the kit, not the light spring.
    Purchase some anti walk hammer pins.
    It seems to binary better with a suppressor. My theory is more gas is being redirected through the gas tube. It may be a good idea to have an adjustable gas block for tuning.
    One forum suggests it works better with a standard buffer than a carbine buffer. My theory is more reciprocating buffer weight.
    Free float of a clean firing pin is important. Soaking the clean bolt in motor oil should keep the pin moving.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have not had any issues with mine at all. I tend to swap a .22lr kit in to let me play out at MCFG from time to time and it’s been flawless with one exception. I had a .22lr squib round that happened on the first round one morning. I don’t attribute that to the Franklin kit, but it just being a dud round. It was bulk .22lr, so crap happens.

I think that I installed with the heavier hammer spring when I put it in.

Top Bottom