• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    Once again i have to recommend the poly version. I carried it comfortably iwb holster. One pull of the trigger yields 4 36 caliber projectiles into a tight pattern under 7 yards. I never felt " not well armed".
    I agree. My poly PD does serious damage at 7yds using Federal 000 buck hand gun in a pretty tight group. Birdshot is for playing kick the cans around.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    In short, If I ever get attacked by watermelons, five gallon cans, tree stumps, or 1/2 plywood with targets on it, they're toast. I'm hoping this is scientific evidence backed up by results of said testing. dontfeed

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    When the 410/45 revolvers first came out that is excatly what I thought, while with shot shells it would be pretty good for snakes, I felt it would be better than the shot shell 38/357/44/45 rounds but how much better really??? I mean folks have used the 38/357/44 and 45 shot shels for YEARS with good results. And while being able to shoot 45 colt (or 45 acp in the S&W Governors case) was neat with the length of the clynder to accomidate 410's, I mean there are SEVERAL better choices with better rounds, overal length, capacity and eas of use. To me the 410 revolver just a marketing ploy for some to jump onto (like when the lazers first started gaining in the earl 1990's and in Poffs a whiter trash type talking about getting a Glock 45 and with it he is good to 300 yards, guess I am just not that good, didn't realize a 45 was effective at 300, should get a lazer myself I guess)

It is all marketing, about like all the Boogie man is gonna get you commercials on Outdoor channel during the gun shows.

Hey there....The Boogieman is a nice guy....View Profile: boogieman - INGunOwners

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Bird shot is for birds. And that's from a long barrel.

I wouldn't want to use bird shot for self defense from a 12GA, much less a .410. Much less a handgun. Even with slugs you're just as well off with a .32 ACP. And you don't have to lug around a two pound gun to get .32 ACP performance.

The Judge preys on the uninformed. And those who are unwilling to listen to reason.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And what exactly what are you saying here. Do I need to shoot someone with it to prove it will work for self defense?

Simple question. You say it does significant damage. I asked to what.

And ideally, yes, if not personally then at least a reasonable sample size of self defense shootings. I can attest the .40 federal tactical bonded works really well on people because I've seen it work really well on people.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Does it count when you see something with your own eyes? By the way, the watermelon mentioned in my earlier post was ummh ( according to an eyewitness ) wearing blue jeans. :popcorn:

Sure. Which is why I asked if you've shot people or people sized animals. If you have, I'd like to know the results.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    Sure. Which is why I asked if you've shot people or people sized animals. If you have, I'd like to know the results.
    Never shot a person with anything. I've shot many animals in my hunting days. Have killed many with a ( wait for it ) BB/pellet gun. I have no scientific ballistics to back up this claim but I saw it with my own eyes. The first intruder / deer, cow, werewolf / to enter my home at night uninvited will be my first test of what my poly PD loaded with 000 buck will do against people / large animal. I have no fear that person or animal will be severely damaged. End of story. Have you ever shot anybody with your tactical 40?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Never shot a person with anything. I've shot many animals in my hunting days. Have killed many with a ( wait for it ) BB/pellet gun. I have no scientific ballistics to back up this claim but I saw it with my own eyes. The first intruder / deer, cow, werewolf / to enter my home at night uninvited will be my first test of what my poly PD loaded with 000 buck will do against people / large animal. I have no fear that person or animal will be severely damaged. End of story. Have you ever shot anybody with your tactical 40?

Nope. Seen plenty of people hit by it, though.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County

Nope. Seen plenty of people hit by it, though.

Umm... My money's on the vet/ IMPD detective who's been there, done that.

Just sayin'...

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    I have no doubt you have seen it. I have also seen pictures of a deceased person shot with a judge at less than 20ft. They were just as dead no matter what weapon they were shot with. Not trying to argue here, but don't judge someone for their choice of a defense weapon just because so and so said. I'm proficient enough with my PD that I can at < 21ft put 4 sizeable shot in a chest size target with each pull of the trigger. Again I'm talking 000 here. Do I carry it , no. If I did I wouldn't have a fear that it would stop a threat. Is it a novelty. Maybe, just don't shoot at me with it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have no doubt you have seen it. I have also seen pictures of a deceased person shot with a judge at less than 20ft. They were just as dead no matter what weapon they were shot with. Not trying to argue here, but don't judge someone for their choice of a defense weapon just because so and so said. I'm proficient enough with my PD that I can at < 21ft put 4 sizeable shot in a chest size target with each pull of the trigger. Again I'm talking 000 here. Do I carry it , no. If I did I wouldn't have a fear that it would stop a threat. Is it a novelty. Maybe, just don't shoot at me with it.

I've seen a guy dead from a .25, too....but I've seen way more survive it then similar hits from, say, a .45 or .40. So dead may be dead, but not in the same numbers.

I suppose my question is why beta test with your life on the line? There are plenty of proven cartridges and calibers. I *know* that 230 gr .45 will break a femur and keep going. I *know* a bonded .40 will penetrate a rib and keep on trucking. I *know* a .357 magnum 158 gr bonded will penetrate a heavy coat, rib, and retain enough penetration to reach vital organs. I *know* a 12g slug will make a human head look like a deflated balloon. Do you *know* the same from melons, water jugs, or plywood? What reward is there for assuming that risk? Given the stakes, I'll stick with tried and true.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    I've seen a guy dead from a .25, too....but I've seen way more survive it then similar hits from, say, a .45 or .40. So dead may be dead, but not in the same numbers.

I suppose my question is why beta test with your life on the line? There are plenty of proven cartridges and calibers. I *know* that 230 gr .45 will break a femur and keep going. I *know* a bonded .40 will penetrate a rib and keep on trucking. I *know* a .357 magnum 158 gr bonded will penetrate a heavy coat, rib, and retain enough penetration to reach vital organs. I *know* a 12g slug will make a human head look like a deflated balloon. Do you *know* the same from melons, water jugs, or plywood? What reward is there for assuming that risk? Given the stakes, I'll stick with tried and true.
    A BAR is a stopper also but it won't fit my nightstand. How dead is dead enough. Just sayin

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I agree completely. That said, someone has to be the guinea pig before it becomes 'tried and true (or not)', and if he is volunteering, we may have a future contributor to solid data from results.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The old saw about "every bullet has a lawyer hanging onto it, so be careful with your shots" makes me leery about using anything that fires multiple projectiles, each smaller than, and therefore, bouncing around a rifle bore and getting spun outward in a difficult to predict pattern. I like the idea of firing one spin stabilized projectile with each trigger pull. It's easier to keep track of the lawyers you're sending down range.

Top Bottom