• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    That is very tricky and I would recommend to NEVER give the impression to anyone that you are a law enforcement officer if you are not one.
    Agreed. This is particularly important if he placed a MWAG in a mall, 911 call before he decided to confront someone that is armed.
    After about an hour of following my wife around one security guy came up to me and asked if I was a cop.
    "I'm a mall ninja, what are you?" is always the correct response when asked this by Mall security; it can be easily proven to any judge and and jury that mall ninjas carry zero (absoulte) authority. And everybody knows that Seal Team 6 calls in Mall ninjas when life gets a little dangerous at the GAP.

(For those who don't know the story of Gecko45, here you go: Shrine of the Mall Ninja » LonelyMachines)

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Put the gun in the car and RETURN EVERYTHING!!!!!!
    See if he confronts you again while returning it.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    "Are you a cop?"
    "No, and neither are you. When I'm doing something illegal, go find one and come talk to me. Until then, go pound sand."

<Obligatory>
    Go Here to debate OC vs. CC - The Open Carry Argument - INGunOwners
    </Obligatory>

This is great.:):

Unfortunately he would likely reply, "I have been granted the authority by the owners to ask you to leave and if you do not you will indeed be violating the law."
    I think it is BS that they have that rule, don't get me wrong but I shouldn't need to call the cops to get a trespasser off my land or house or business after I asked them to leave. It is with that logic I would respect his ability to get me to leave without having to bother the police. No matter how stupid their reason is for not wanting me there, it is their land and I am not free to do anything I please on someone else's property. :dunno::twocents:

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Yes, Metropolis and Jefferson Point in Ft. Wayne aren't Simon Properties.

I'd still bet they've got that in one of their "rules" though...

-J-

Metropolis doesn't have any mention on their "code of conduct" had a picture of it but must have deleted it. Bank owned, not sure which, managed by CBRE for the bank.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Would there be a difference between implying you're a cop, vs being so ambiguous that the mall ninja just fills in his own blanks? For example, "Are you a cop?" "Why, what do you need?" In the unlikely case he actually needs something, "Oh, I can't do that off duty" (of course, I'm a bus driver, I can't even do it while on duty), otherwise, you're putting the ball in his court to beclown himself. I'd think you could keep him baffled long enough that the wife would get done and you'd be ready to leave.

Top Bottom