• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Bull****. He got the time that was statutorily applicable. Nice try though.
    Did he? If so I didn't know. I thought they couldn't give him the max because of the evidence being destroyed and other lost or something. But ive already said how ever many years ago that he should have faced more since he was a cop and on duty. Just because you're a cop and don't agree with harsher penalties for Leo's on duty and breaking the law doesn't mean **** to me. Don't have to cry about your buddy, buy him a drink on me. He'll be back in there soon enough. Hopefully this time he doesn't kill someone. ANYONE who murders someone because they chose to drink and drive should never get out of prison.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If the police use the Intoxalizer breath test they person must have an empty mouth for 30 minutes prior to test being given. Blood draw, doesnt matter. There is a window of time that we must work in though.

I heard belching delays the reading as well

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    If the police use the Intoxalizer breath test they person must have an empty mouth for 30 minutes prior to test being given. Blood draw, doesnt matter. There is a window of time that we must work in though.
    Intoxalyzer is as outdated as the Ford Fairlane. Now it's a 15 minute observation period with object-free mouth for a breath test. Belching does delay the breath test and the 15 minute wait must start over. If a person does that with me, we go straight for the blood draw instead. Gum doesn't do **** to cover up the odor of an alcoholic beverage.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Did he? If so I didn't know. I thought they couldn't give him the max because of the evidence being destroyed and other lost or something. But ive already said how ever many years ago that he should have faced more since he was a cop and on duty. Just because you're a cop and don't agree with harsher penalties for Leo's on duty and breaking the law doesn't mean **** to me. Don't have to cry about your buddy, buy him a drink on me. He'll be back in there soon enough. Hopefully this time he doesn't kill someone. ANYONE who murders someone because they chose to drink and drive should never get out of prison.

You don't know, but that didn't stop you from running your mouth. If I ever wished to be in your presence I would tell you exactly how I feel about that piece of ****.

And thanks for telling me "don't be a beotch" in your "rep."

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You don't know, but that didn't stop you from running your mouth. If I ever wished to be in your presence I would tell you exactly how I feel about that piece of ****.

And thanks for telling me "don't be a beotch" in your "rep."
    well I couldn't do it in on the forem or it would break the rules. You posted it publicly not me. And you probably wish to be in my presence as much as I yours. I tried to rep you "your welcome" just now but it says I must spread the rep around first before giving it to you again.
    I can and will speak my opinion about this matter and any others. You seriously did read way more into my comment than what meant. You should know if I want to say something I say it as long as it isn't against the rules. But you never let us down frank. ingo can always count on you to make it about someone picking on you or other cops even if they aren't. This is kinda a big deal if murderers are constantly walking free before even serving all of their already too short sentence. I never see you defending other fellons sentences or trial evidence with this much spirit. It's because he was a cop and you don't think cops should be punished any harder for things done on duty than anyone else. We disagree. No need to cry about it. And no I still don't believe that no one he worked with daily had absolutely no idea this ass hole was a drunk. And no one else believes it either that I've talked to. I'm not saying everyone knew but someone did and if they were a cop and knew he was doing that on or before duty they should have been right next to him in a cell.
    on other things that I believe in like extra tax breaks for cops and better pay I'm sure you'd have no problem with. I'm not your enemy Frank. We don't agree on everything no but you Cry louder than anyone about anything cop. I don't even do that for things regarding the military.
    not only did he not serve a full light sentence but he also didn't have to worry everyday about being someone's boyfriend (sadly) because he got special confinement since he was a cop. Poor poor guy.
    so sorry if I don't feel sorry for or think this pos or any other pos criminal served their time or had enough evidence presented in court to hang them. I've also complained when non cop defendants have evidence withheld or possibly withheld at their trials so I wasn't making this about a cop until you came here and made it about that. But since you did I told you what I think now. So thanks

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This whole case has been a seriously screwed up mess from the beginning. Yes, it gave the whole department a huge black eye, and created a situation of further distrust with the citizens they serve. I don't know what the sentencing range is for his convictions, but a judge handed down a sentence that was within what both lawyers asked for. To me, that indicates that he was justly sentenced. He served time, used the resources offered through the dept of corrections and was released on probation. The media never makes a production out of joe schmoe being released after using the same resources to shorten their sentence. The man has to live with the consequences for the rest of his life. Now either he gets off probation and makes a new life as a productive member of society...or he may screw up and serve his time that was suspended. I don't think he was given any special treatment, as some want to believe. And in general I think LE should be held to the same sentencing standards as anyone else when convicted of a crime. No less no more

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    If you drink and drive and kill someone. You shouldnt be out for a long time. Especially if you're a police officer ON duty.

He got off way too light.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I think you guys are arguing the same or at least similar points.

Heres a timeline so you can see ALL the issues with the case.

At 11Am he hits in to back up a guy trying to stop someone with a warrant. He hits in on the radio and has a long conversation with the officer about to make the stop. He had just left the garage where they noted that the brake light was flashing. They replaced his front pads. He then collides with 3 motorcyclists at 56/465 while attempting to stop from approximately 73MPH striking them at approximately 64mph killing one and injuring 2. He gets on the radio and asks for an ambulance rush. He loads his stuff from his car to another officers car. That officer stops off at a speedway to get a coke. Approximately 2 hours later an officer with Lawrence Police takes him to get a blood draw at a clinic then puts that blood in his pocket and goes to eat. The tech tries to use an alcohol pad and he argues to use betadine and specific vials for testing blood in which she starts again on the other arm the correct way. Later lab techs say his blood tests a .19. Prior to this, Frank Straub hired a female attorney, Corcella, to be a deputy chief over a thing he made up called "professional standards" which is a group whose mission is to arrest cops. The cops argued over a non-cop wearing a cop's uniform, but it was Franky's way. A K9 Sgt went to Bisard's house to take his stuff away. Bisard goes to jail.

Prior to the trial it is learned that the deputy chief of professional standards decided to check out the blood evidence and get her picture taken with it....for reasons... One vial was left unrefrigerated for 5 months. It is also learned that a couple months prior, clinics that were previously allowed are not able to take blood in criminal cases. All that plus the blood being in the pocket of the hungry Lawrence cop caused issues. In any case in Marion county, if there is issue with the blood evidence, it gets thrown out. The prosecutor decided to drop the alcohol related charges. Terry Curry took over and decided to fight to keep the evidence in (never been done before). When it came to the cop taking the blood at a clinic and not a hospital, he wasn't trained on the recent change in stated law. They were able to argue that the blood should be admissible as the blood was taken properly by someone who knows how to take the blood. The officer proved his innocence by stopping the tech from taking the blood with an alcohol swab and made her switch arms by stating that if he wanted to ruin the blood, all he'd have to do is let her take it with an alcohol swab. As to why he kept it in his pocket, he believed that the time of day, the fact that Bisard didn't appear drunk to anyone (fire, police, ems, doctor, civilians, and in the video at the speedway) that there wasn't an issue of intoxication. In order to deal with the blood evidence issues and the issue of him appearing normal yet having a BAC of .19 they did some research and found the guy who wrote the book on intoxication. They flew this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Wayne_Jones to the US and put him up in a hotel for the trial. The only other time he had been used in a criminal trial was for the death of Princess Diana. He referred to Bisard as a "tolerant drinker" which is someone who spends 100% of their time at a specific BAC. They then get used to being at that BAC and appear normal. He backed up his diagnosis with a 40 year study from Sweden. Bisard wanted to counter that by having a bunch of people show up and say, "he's not a drinker" but that would open the door to his DUI arrest so it didn't happen. He got 16 years

The issue is this, imagine how much time he would do if they didn't care about nailing him (I.E. most fatal crashes). Blood evidence gets tossed regularly. If your mother gets ran over by a regular guy drunk in Marion County do you think they'd fly in the guy who wrote the book on intoxication? The issue here is justice for the victims. WE NEED TO CHANGE SENTENCING GUIDELINES TO KEEP PEOPLE IN.

A good example of this is Sue Ann Vanderbeck. Sue got drunk, ran over and killed a Greenfield Cop..then fled the scene. This occurred 1 month after Bisard. She did some hard probation for the exact same thing.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sue Vanderbeek was not prosecuted for or convicted of OWI. Other than that, your post is consistent with my knowledge/recollection.
    didbt she do a hit and run? So she couldn't be charged with owi because she fled so she couldn't be caught drunk. They should have really throw the book at her.
    I have ZERO tolerance for people who drink and drive. You are knowingly Risking innocent people's lives because you want to get your buz on. I think drunk drivers should be flogged and then shot.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    According to the news articles I read, there wasn't evidence of drugs/alcohol but I didn't have any personal involvement in the case so I can't say.

Also, the prosecutor says police do not believe alcohol or drugs were involved based on Vanderbeck's statement and her appearance. Blood tests will likely be inadmissible since it was not possible to take samples from Vanderbeck at the time of the crash.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    That's pretty much my point. Did they pull video footage from the bar she was at? Subpoena her visa bill? Fly a guy in from Sweden? She killed a guy and got grounded.

They both should be serving at least a full 25 years

Top Bottom