• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Wow, 16 years seems to have gone by quickly! It seems like just a handful of years ago we were talking about how much time he might get. Oh wait IT WAS! WTH?!

Looks like the usual stuff.

......reports three years of Bisard's sentence were suspended, meaning he remains on probation for that amount of time. He also reduced his prison time with credit for good behavior, for earning an associate degree and completing vocational program, substance abuse and other programs.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Wow, 16 years seems to have gone by quickly! It seems like just a handful of years ago we were talking about how much time he might get. Oh wait IT WAS! WTH?!
    Under the sentencing laws at the time of the crime was committed, 16 years is automatically eight unless you really think screw things up in prison and you can get a bunch more cut off that eight By getting education credits etc.

Indiana's sentencing scheme was, and in my opinion largely remains, facially dishonest insofar is the numbers given in the sentence are nothing like the numbers actually served.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    When and how does he pay back for the higher education that our tax dollars provided the guy?

he pays it back by using that knowledge he gained by obtaining gainful employment, by remaining clean and crime free. By becoming a productive member of society. his career as he knew it is gone, he has to find something else to do.
    ALL criminals in lockup have the same opportunity, and many use that opportunity to better themselves.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    he pays it back by using that knowledge he gained by obtaining gainful employment, by remaining clean and crime free. By becoming a productive member of society. his career as he knew it is gone, he has to find something else to do.
    ALL criminals in lockup have the same opportunity, and many use that opportunity to better themselves.
    you have a positive view on this and I hope you are right. I don't have the same view and statistically I don't think it shows they become better. I think vocational training and the like in jails is a joke. I think jail or prison should be a dark hole.
    Do I think he and others in the same situation will offend again? Yep

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    you have a positive view on this and I hope you are right. I don't have the same view and statistically I don't think it shows they become better. I think vocational training and the like in jails is a joke. I think jail or prison should be a dark hole.
    Do I think he and others in the same situation will offend again? Yep
    I try to find the good in everyone, doesn't mean there is good and when I am wrong, I admit it.

I have personal experience with this program, no not me. That person went on to get a bachelors degree in communication, after he was let out (8 years ago). He hasn't re-offended and is productive. It can be positive, but the person who used this as a mean to get out early has to make it happen.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I try to find the good in everyone, doesn't mean there is good and when I am wrong, I admit it.

I have personal experience with this program, no not me. That person went on to get a bachelors degree in communication, after he was let out (8 years ago). He hasn't re-offended and is productive. It can be positive, but the person who used this as a mean to get out early has to make it happen.
    you are a good person MrsG. thats great to hear honestly. I've always believed once a person serves their time they should be a full member of society again. But when I see so many criminals not serving their full sentences because technicalities in our laws are rediculous, it really pisses me off. How many murders of innocents (including cops) have we seen because of early releasss? A lot.
    Fear of the harsh punishment is the only thing that keeps some from offending in the first place. When people can kill someone and get basicly a slap on the wrist the system is a failure.
    bissard lost his career sure but that doesn't count as punishment for me because someone without a job would have had the same jail time and no lost career. Only jail counts as a served punishment for me in my eyes. There is a man who is under the ground and a grieving family that lost him and that's forever. The fact that he and others don't serve full sentences is a slap in the face to the victims

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    you are a good person MrsG. thats great to hear honestly. I've always believed once a person serves their time they should be a full member of society again. But when I see so many criminals not serving their full sentences because technicalities in our laws are rediculous, it really pisses me off. How many murders of innocents (including cops) have we seen because of early releasss? A lot.
    Fear of the harsh punishment is the only thing that keeps some from offending in the first place. When people can kill someone and get basicly a slap on the wrist the system is a failure.
    bissard lost his career sure but that doesn't count as punishment for me because someone without a job would have had the same jail time and no lost career. Only jail counts as a served punishment for me in my eyes. There is a man who is under the ground and a grieving family that lost him and that's forever. The fact that he and others don't serve full sentences is a slap in the face to the victims

I agree, he didn't serve nearly the time he deserved, by a long shot. The way to change that is to change the laws. I believe his sentence wasn't long enough, but it's standard for cases such as his. THAT is what needs changed, the laws in regards to sentencing.

The person I referenced, served 9 years of a 20 year sentence, and he didn't kill anyone. That's how our justice system works, Bisard deserved more, but got the norm.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think education in prison is an excellent idea, I just don't believe it should be free. I think it should be paid back.

No differerently, I think all incarcerated should pay to support their incarceration costs. Prison should involve labor and varying conditions according to how that work is done (or not done.)

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I think education in prison is an excellent idea, I just don't believe it should be free. I think it should be paid back.

No differerently, I think all incarcerated should pay to support their incarceration costs. Prison should involve labor and varying conditions according to how that work is done (or not done.)

People have no idea how much these programs cost, bigger bs in the world, we the people even house them once they get out as well, cost us $80,000 for them to abuse a rehab program while they are in all so their sentence can be reduced...

Best free education a person can get right there...

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm sure he wasn't the only scum set free Sunday.

I'm sure you're right

they have all served their time and should be left to live their life now. we both know that is never going to happen though. To many people to upset over the mess. I personally would rather never see his name mentioned again. Not going to happen though I am sure

Top Bottom