• ...and so much more!
  • mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA

Ronald Poppo, the victim of the "Miami Cannibal"
    Boys will be boys and when they roughhouse, with some exceptions, while wrestling around there are unspoken rules. You don't punch me in the balls, or try to choke me, and I won't punch you in the balls, or choke you. An attempt at doing either of these things will quickly escalate a fight or end it. Beyond pre-school you seldom see any biting. At the age of knowing right and wrong we are hard wired not to bite other people.

If you talk to people that put their hands on people for a living like cops, corrections officers, and bouncers, they can tell you tons of stories of people wrestling, kicking, and punching them, but few stories about being bit. There will be some, and they will stand out because it does not happen that often. From experience I can tell you that even when someone tries to bite you, you have a very primitive response that I can only liken to being attacked by bees.

Because it is so rare, biting provokes a extreme panic response, making it an excellent go to for

Typical bite to the forearm
    kids, women, elderly and disabled. These people are prayed on because they are identified as weak by the predator. They are creatures of habit, just like us and tend to pick the low hanging fruit, people that they expect little to no fright from. Because they underestimate their victims, they will likely take less care in how much they expose themselves than they would to a regular person.

Regardless of age, size, or infirmity, peoples mouth usually still works. But unless you cross the mental barrier in your mind against biting someone, you will not think of doing it even when your life depends on it.

Any bite is a good bite to attempt escape, but I would suggest the face, neck, hands and inner arms. The face, neck and hands are likely to be exposed no matter what the weather is and will be easy targets during any attempted sexual assault.

To effectively bite you should bite into exposed flesh if possible, taking as big as a bite as possible and rip a chunk out as if you were biting into a steak. Most attackers will probably be no stranger to being hit, or even shot and stabbed, there is a very low probability that they have ever suffered a human bite. This will quickly become their focus and they will likely be overcome with shock. Keep in mind that it is a last ditch effort to save your like, because if you fail, they are going to pretty angry.

Experience tells us that children often don't realize they are being abducted until it is over. When women are abducted they are often frozen with fear. In both cases this fear changes form and as the abduction moves to where the predator feels save to abuse and kill them. The transport time to this location, and while at the location may provide some "thinking" time for the victim to realize they need to take action.

Again I will say, if there are certain people in your life that you think this information would be the most beneficial too, be sure to share it with them ahead of time, they will not think of it on their own.

While looking for pictures for this post I found many that I was not comfortable posting because I know that someone may be reading over your shoulder and the pictures are too graphic. You can search on your own if you need further convincing that biting can be a great equalizer and save someones life.

Yes, I am aware that biting someone could expose you to disease. That is why biting is only advised when your life is in danger.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I got into a friendly little scuffle about 20 years ago in which I was bitten on the middle of the back right between the shoulder blades. It was very painful it looked like the forearm bite in the picture above but it did not draw blood. A full set of teeth was visible for three days and the bruise lasted for a week or more. I could not strike or gouge anything on the person while they were clamped onto me. I spent 60 seconds trying for eyes, nuts and anything else to make him let go. Finally successful rammed his back in to some thing pointy in the room hard enough to make him cry out. He had a bruise in the middle of his back as well. But it was very uncomfortable to not be able to get in a shot. The bite obviously hurt as well. The person had chewing gum in his mouth that was stuck between his teeth and my back. At one point in the struggle the gum slipped and gave way and he bit through it. I thought he had broken the skin and was going to rip a chunk out. I place the whole experience as top five most uncomfortable and bothersome incidents I have been in.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I must be weird. I've always considered a bite as a weapon during a last resort/grappling situation. Sorry, If I'm locked up with you and I fear for my life, I am going to use absolutely every last tool I have to get the advantage so I can escape with my life and dominate the encounter. If that means biting, so be it. All is fair in love and war. If that means a punch to the baby maker, eye gouge, throat punch, or pulling a Tyson, I'm all in.

There is no shame in winning a fight to the death by using any means at your disposal.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I must be weird. I've always considered a bite as a weapon during a last resort/grappling situation. Sorry, If I'm locked up with you and I fear for my life, I am going to use absolutely every last tool I have to get the advantage so I can escape with my life and dominate the encounter. If that means biting, so be it. All is fair in love and war. If that means a punch to the baby maker, eye gouge, throat punch, or pulling a Tyson, I'm all in.

There is no shame in winning a fight to the death by using any means at your disposal.

Right on.
    I would never take turning to this last resort lightly, but if I did, I would be doing my level best not to just stop my attacker, but kill him with it.
    The repercussions of failure in such a dire situation are very likely to wind up with the defender taking a dirt nap.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have been bitten in the course of my job and had many attempted bites. When it happens, it brings out emotions that have a tendacy to take it to a whole nother level. I have also pulled a Mike Tyson on a larger person who had pinned my arms years ago. He was not mentally ready to take it to that level and lost.
    Mental conditioning is everything. If you're fighting fair, you're doing it wrong.

Bob

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    While I was working security at a bar during college, I attempted to get a chickenwing/choke hold on a guy that was beating the tar out of his girlfriend. Got the chickenwing, but the other arm ended up as more of a cross-face than a choke. He latched on with his teeth in the nice little area between my forearm and bicep. Didn't take a chunk, but it surprised me long enough for him to escape my grip and hurt like he!!. In a desperate situation, no holds barred...

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    There's a joke in there somewhere...

Not from my end. It is experience talking. In 1979 I had a cat bite me on the thumb. The tooth went in the bottom and was sticking out the top of the thumb. Slow to heal and hurt for a lot longer. Cold weather made it ache and throb for years. It still might cause that kind of pain but I have not been truly cold in a long long time.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I know this has been said before but I have never understood the idea of a fair fight.

I must be old-fashioned, but my definition is one-on-one, no weapons, no extremes (yes, biting), and only fighting to beat the other guy with no effort to either kill or maim.

Fair fight: Two guys mix it up. No buddies on one side or the other join in. No weapons are used or even threatened at any time. Once one guy decisively whoops the other guy, he stops and doesn't slam his head into the pavement/cement/ground or straddle his chest and punch repeatedly or otherwise do something unnecessary (biters, I'm looking right atcha) or extreme to defeat the other guy. The only exception is if the other guy crosses these lines.

Fighting dirty: If one guy's buddies join in. If one guy uses or attempts to use a weapon. If one guy resorts to extremes without good reason.

Maybe this is naivete on my part, but from my earliest memory clear back in kindergarten, these were unwritten rules.
    It's also for this reason that I associate as little as possible with those I know fight dirty.
    There's a word for people like that: psychopaths

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    pink, you missed the OP's point. We arent talking about two a**hats arguing about who the girl goes home with and which stud's ego is bigger, such as the situation you elude to. We are discussing life and death fights that we ALL would prefer to be able to simply use a tool such as a knife or gun to stop in its tracks before it gets ugly because our opponent isnt looking for bragging rights, but for another sinister motive, which does not include any hint of the value of our life. All this perp cares about is our wallet, car, phone, etc and if he has to kill us to get what he wants, who cares?

Edit: Maybe my outlook is skewed because I'm not the type to use violence as a course of regular problem solving? I never saw the point of fisticuffs for solving disputes "like a man". :dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom