• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There's a joke in there somewhere...

No joke from me either ... I am the sworn enemy of all cats. They suck. And they're all d*cks.

In fact, I think they're all French. There's no way they could all be such a**holes and not be French.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I must be old-fashioned, but my definition is one-on-one, no weapons, no extremes (yes, biting), and only fighting to beat the other guy with no effort to either kill or maim.

Fair fight: Two guys mix it up. No buddies on one side or the other join in. No weapons are used or even threatened at any time. Once one guy decisively whoops the other guy, he stops and doesn't slam his head into the pavement/cement/ground or straddle his chest and punch repeatedly or otherwise do something unnecessary (biters, I'm looking right atcha) or extreme to defeat the other guy. The only exception is if the other guy crosses these lines.

Fighting dirty: If one guy's buddies join in. If one guy uses or attempts to use a weapon. If one guy resorts to extremes without good reason.

Maybe this is naivete on my part, but from my earliest memory clear back in kindergarten, these were unwritten rules.
    It's also for this reason that I associate as little as possible with those I know fight dirty.
    There's a word for people like that: psychopaths

The context you are talking about is mutual combat, but in this thread pure self defense is the topic at hand.

-----------------

A friend of mine got part of his ear bit off in a fight, this was back in the late 90's when No Fear apparel was popular. Some genius put a big no fear windshield decal on his car and removed the F.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The context you are talking about is mutual combat, but in this thread pure self defense is the topic at hand.

-----------------

A friend of mine got part of his ear bit off in a fight, this was back in the late 90's when No Fear apparel was popular. Some genius put a big no fear windshield decal on his car and removed the F.

I thought that was already assumed.
    An ordinary more or less "gentlemanly" fight would have the unwritten rules.
    Yes, a survival situation calls for any means necessary.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Not from my end. It is experience talking. In 1979 I had a cat bite me on the thumb. The tooth went in the bottom and was sticking out the top of the thumb. Slow to heal and hurt for a lot longer. Cold weather made it ache and throb for years. It still might cause that kind of pain but I have not been truly cold in a long long time.

Perfect example...animal bites, something people don't like at all, and are actually more likely to encounter than many other things. I've had two leashed dogs get loose from people on me while running the past 6 months, and the only thing that prevented me from getting munched on both times was the willingness (or lack thereof) of the dog. I digress, but in the case of dogs it's their only weapon, so if it works so well for them...why not us?

Top Bottom