Black expo + Zimmermann being set free = riots in Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Perhaps one reason why this is being touted by some as a "perfect storm" due to the Zimmerman case outcome is that we, as a nation, are more racially divided today than we have been for decades. Despite the rhetoric to the contrary, this current administration, in collusion with the media, have ratcheted up racial tension with every new "crisis." I know what the level of racial tension was in the 60s and 70s, and as a nation, we worked through it (not without some serious injury.) And while there are certainly pockets of abject racism remaining, I would have to say that my perception of white, middle-class America through the couple of decades before Obama was elected was that of acceptance of race -- live and let live. No big deal.

However, for the last several years, it seems that each new issue that arises is fomented into racial division, for what purpose I don't know. Is it part of some grand, evil scheme? No clue. But I hope that we don't fall for it.

I'm tired of being manipulated by others. I am not a puppet and will let no one pull my strings (please don't tell my wife I said that!)

Que, you're a good man. You're one of us. You're black. So what? You're my INGO friend because you like guns! When we run into each other at a course, are we going to engage in a heated discussion of how our forebears mistreated slaves and the inequality that still remains in the civil rights struggle? I sure hope not. I'm too tired for that. In fact, Que hanging out here is tantamount to one of us heading to the IBE! It has to be a lonely feeling sometimes, man.

I have no reason to go to Indy this weekend or next. I'm not driving down to look for trouble or to prove that Que's right that white folk are welcome and will not be harmed at the IBE. We have bigger fish to fry in this country than the "controversial" issues that the media feeds us daily. I just wish they would start reporting it ...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The media had ratcheted up both sides, and not simply the liberal side. There are no "sides" within media, both work hand in hand, by design, and people are eager to hear the "truths" of their side. For every Jackson and Sharpton, there's a Beck and Rush. I hope those guys all play golf together in hell.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    The reason for igniting a "race war" is nothing more than profitability at this point. If there was nothing to "fight" for, many organizations and "leaders" would be out of jobs. I don't think their ramblings are taken to heart by sensible people, on either "side", but as we all know, there are free-thinkers and followers, and the majority of any group will be followers.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Already been done man...

White Expo

Where you been?

Sending the wife and kid to Indy today for the 18U baseball tournament. Staying at the Fairfield Inn on Washington. Should I be more concerned than normal?

Take normal precautions as always. The hotel next to the baseball stadium, convention center, and other major attractions. I'd avoid the late night romantic walk down by the river front.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Take normal precautions as always. The hotel next to the baseball stadium, convention center, and other major attractions. I'd avoid the late night romantic walk down by the river front.

Considering I am not going, any late night romantic walks down by the river would not make me happy, but thanks for the info. Haven't spent any time downtown for 10 or 12 years and at that time I felt very comfortable everywhere we went. I am naturally more nervous to send them down there without me, but the boy is 17 and fast, he can run from trouble, and the wife, well, lets just say she's, no... no, lets not just say anything(that's the little voice in my head talking, it serves me well;)).

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Keep it all out of Fishers is all I'm asking. Dont need no neighborhood watch, no stinking badges, anybody out walking in my subdivision is walking a dog or pushing a stroller, my dog died (I miss her) and when I am circling the block pushing my 8 mo grandpup around in the 4 wheel pappy powered KUV (kid utility vehicle) I am carrying Mr. Glock. Dont mess with either of us, wont be no problems. You are being watched. It just aint organized.

Top Bottom