• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Sons of liberty gun works had/has a ridiculous good sale going. if ya know ya know. I think the best deals were from the smaller retailers I got free steel gongs with shipping, 30percent off a plate carrier from rht, stealthgear had 45 percent off with 2 holsters which was probably the best I bought in, lots of primary deals that are already in my safe, psa was meh other than a few door busters same with all the other big guys. This was definitely the year of the small shops for me.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I doubt dicks would go out of business if gun owners stopped shopping there, considering they sell baseball, tennis, golf, camping, fitness, fishing, basketball, archery and so much more, if gun owners stopped buying there, all they'd do is drop firearms.

but if someone has to explain a 1.7 million dollar drop in profit, that would wake them up!, cause let me tell you, if you have to explain it to someone else (ie in this case, a board of directors) why you missed your budgeted profit by 1.7 million dollars someone would pay hell trying to explain that figure, cause I see my boss trying to figure out ways to explain why we miss budget by 10 thousand dollars (and that's 10 grand in sales, NOT 10 grand in profit)

I think they would. They have been scrambling ever since they went anti 2a and jumped on the fudd wagon (shertghuns is all muh pappies ever needed, no whun needs ah eigh argh to guh critterin whuth) it's the fudd money that is keeping them floating right now, cause fishing gear, camo, and outdoor gear has stupid high profit margins and is generally what keeps the large retail sporting good stores going. I read a fun post about a guy who stops in, fills a cart with item from different aisles and after the gun counter tells him they don't sell ar's he just leaves the cart and walks out. This is a store that is actively seeking and paying to remove your rights, while saying "We are gun owners, we just believe in commun sense gun control"..... They not only stopped carrying AR's they pay a lobby interest money to get them banned, with money they

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    Like others have said, the sales were disappointing this year. It seems like the big guys didn’t even try.

The only purchases I made were a Galco holster from midway (40% off?) and a bunch of 357 Blue Bullets (15% off).

I may be the only one on this site stupid enough to not buy $0.02 22lr, but I just don’t shoot the stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    i just left dicks in evansville they have the 1600 round bulk pack federal 22 long rifle for 84.99, but they matched sportmans warehouses price of 59.99 plus the 20.00 rebate so 39.99 a case = .249 cents a round!
    i called my dad after i left and told him about it, he said "get your a$$ back there and buy me 2 cases too!"
    they had the 9mm 45 and 223 bulk packs too!

Got this from Brownell's and Palmetto State Armory the weekend before Thanksgiving. Both were $59.99 & free shipping so no need to buy from Dick's when other companies who like the 2A are selling it for that price. In case anyone was wondering Brownell's had it to me in 2 days and Palmetto State Armory took 8 days (just got that case delivered today).

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got this from Brownell's and Palmetto State Armory the weekend before Thanksgiving. Both were $59.99 & free shipping so no need to buy from Dick's when other companies who like the 2A are selling it for that price. In case anyone was wondering Brownell's had it to me in 2 days and Palmetto State Armory took 8 days (just got that case delivered today).

Agreed, I got the 1600 round pack from MidwayUSA, and added something else I needed and used a $20 off coupon, in addition to filing for the rebate online.

Too many other places running good deals on ammo to bother with supporting DSG and their Anti 2A ways.

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    PSA had free shipping on ammo that hit me right so I've got 3 boxes 50ct .357 silvertips, 10 boxes 20ct Hornady XTP .44spcl and 5 300ct .22lr CCI minimags on the way.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    PSA had free shipping on ammo that hit me right so I've got 3 boxes 50ct .357 silvertips, 10 boxes 20ct Hornady XTP .44spcl and 5 300ct .22lr CCI minimags on the way.

You might be waiting a while for that free shipping. I ordered 3 of the Blazer Brass Black Packs on 11/16 and have only received 2 of them so far. When I called PSA, they said that the 3rd one got lost between the warehouse and UPS. So they allegedly sent out another one that should be here today or tomorrow.

I also ordered a case of Winchester 9mm Nato on 11/22 and as of today the order was still "processing." I told them to cancel it and ordered the same thing from SG Ammo for about the same price with shipping. I know I'll get my SG Ammo order just fine, never a problem with them.

Pretty sure I'm done with Palmetto State Armory.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Just a PSA for those that care. With all the ammo purchases over the last week, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, if you care, please remember to count that bulk ammo. My purchases from Palmetto State Armory had a few rounds short. 1 .45acp out of 300 was missing... not a big deal. the 23 rounds of .223 missing out of 600 prompted me to put in a call. The Co. was nice and responsive offering me a refund at .29 cents per round or they could ship out 1 box of upgraded 5.56. I took the refund as I did not want them to incur additional shipping charges for something that was not really their fault.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Buying stuff on sale at Dick's is still buying from them. If it's on sale, it doesn't matter if you're buying ammo, tennis balls, or golf clubs. It all just inventory. They get no money from me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I doubt dicks would go out of business if gun owners stopped shopping there, considering they sell baseball, tennis, golf, camping, fitness, fishing, basketball, archery and so much more, if gun owners stopped buying there, all they'd do is drop firearms.

but if someone has to explain a 1.7 million dollar drop in profit, that would wake them up!, cause let me tell you, if you have to explain it to someone else (ie in this case, a board of directors) why you missed your budgeted profit by 1.7 million dollars someone would pay hell trying to explain that figure, cause I see my boss trying to figure out ways to explain why we miss budget by 10 thousand dollars (and that's 10 grand in sales, NOT 10 grand in profit)

Just posted some very recent news links in relation to Dicks Sporting Goods and gun owners over in that thread...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/450279-dicks-again-7.html#post7741086

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My order from PSA never changed from pending my last couple times ordering.... and the order showed up at my house within a week.

Top Bottom