• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Bloomington
    I want to give a big kudos to Indy Gun Club's staff and patrons. In this day and age it should not be a big deal that a black female wants to learn to shoot sporting shotguns. And for the most part I think all of us shooters think the more the merrier. My daughter and I was talking with our friend Allison about some of the joys we get from shooting clays and she said she really would like to try it, but was really apprehensive due to her perceived stereotypes of a white redneck sport that would not except her there. with a little nudging we got her to the club. She had a great time and loved the atmosphere of the gun club, and shot well for a first time shooter. She is now trying to setup dates for her sisters to join us. She finally admitted that she liked the smell of gun powder in the morning, I told her that was the white trash in her coming out. She said she agreed and was ok with that. :laugh:
    I hope the title didn't scare you all.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    You can be a redneck and not a racist, I am living proof. Besides I know way more white people I dislike then people of any other color...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Also, shooting clays isn't a "redneck" sport!

For much of the last...oh...100 years or so, it's been an upper-crust high-society type of game / competition / pastime.

It's only been relatively recently (30 years? 40?) that it's caught on with more folks of average socioeconomic class.

for me personally, I really don't give much care to what a person's skin color is. I try & judge by the content of their character...

Plus, in my experience, it's more unusual to see a woman at all; regardless of skin color.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I'm an equal opportunity hater...I don't care what color the person is, it's the person I'm going to dislike

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Thats awesome! I opened this topic just because the title kinda grabbed my attention.

Just remember, there are dumb white kids that are convinced they are dope-rapper-gangstas from the ghetto, so why cant we have darker complected rednecks right? Hows that for some equality!

-MColford

cositc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Martinsville
    I'm not going to lie it made me a little upset that she used to think all gun owners where rednecks. But now I'm happy because we have one more person that likes guns and is getting others to go out and shoot.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you REALLY want to get all semantical about it & stuff...

Being a "redneck" is a rather derogatory term and can be used to describe people of ANY skin-tone.

Hillbilly = / = redneck.

Hillbilly = meh

redneck = :noway:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Also, shooting clays isn't a "redneck" sport!

For much of the last...oh...100 years or so, it's been an upper-crust high-society type of game / competition / pastime.

It's only been relatively recently (30 years? 40?) that it's caught on with more folks of average socioeconomic class.

for me personally, I really don't give much care to what a person's skin color is. I try & judge by the content of their character...

Plus, in my experience, it's more unusual to see a woman at all; regardless of skin color.

I don't know if I like the way you said redneck son!!:xmad::laugh:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I'm an equal opportunity hater...I don't care what color the person is, it's the person I'm going to dislike

All that hatin' got you parched?

hateraid_by_necroshine152433.jpg

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    I'm glad to see a Female, let alone a black female at the shooting range.

Also I'm glad when people prove stereo types wrong and are productive members of society

Not all "rednecks" are racist white trash
    Not all "hillbillys" are back woods racist white trash
    Not all people of different races steal, rape, plunder, show there hind end all the time. Its just a few of each do said things and make there selves known.

Its how stereo types come about.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    We definitely need more folks in the shooting sports other than older white guys. The old false stereotypes of gun use portrayed by Hollywood and the antis need to be exposed. We need young folks, folks of all colors and women. It's the only way we can assure the continuation of gun ownership and use. We need them trained properly for safety purposes and so they will enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

Top Bottom