• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    We definitely need more folks in the shooting sports other than older white guys. The old false stereotypes of gun use portrayed by Hollywood and the antis need to be exposed. We need young folks, folks of all colors and women. It's the only way we can assure the continuation of gun ownership and use. We need them trained properly for safety purposes and so they will enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

Well, we'll see...

I'm getting my Pakistani buddy out to the range to start shooting steel with me.

I wonder what class they put RPGs in...?

afghan_fighters_ic__200x150.JPG

Kidding, I sold him my Beretta Neos... ;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Great job getting another person into guns. :yesway: I have the honor of giving your first positive rep. Don't say something in another thread and get it taken away. :laugh:

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    The title definitely caught my attention. Big congrats on taking the time out to introduce another person to the shooting sports. Sounds like an INGO screen name and trip out to the Indy 1500 may be coming shortly.

WhoDaThunk?RN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Franklin township
    We definitely need more folks in the shooting sports other than older white guys. The old false stereotypes of gun use portrayed by Hollywood and the antis need to be exposed. We need young folks, folks of all colors and women. It's the only way we can assure the continuation of gun ownership and use. We need them trained properly for safety purposes and so they will enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

I would personally love to get into shooting as a hobby,:draw: and I'm sure hubby would love it too, my big draw back is A) toddler B) I work weekend option at the moment...and have for almost 5 years... hoping that changes sooner rather than later though!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the positive feed back. I was reluctant to make this post at first, but the more I thought about the conversation that my friend and I were having about the stereotypes, that even are own president puts on us, as scared bible clinging racist with guns, is far from accurate. And I was so excited when she saw first hand what it was all about and enjoyed it.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    If you REALLY want to get all semantical about it & stuff...

Being a "redneck" is a rather derogatory term and can be used to describe people of ANY skin-tone.

Hillbilly = / = redneck.

Hillbilly = meh

redneck = :noway:
    The way it was explained to me by my dad and grandpa, the term redneck got started, because farmers and other workers had their heads down working and the backs of their necks got red from the sun. To me it has ALWAYS been a source of pride to be a redneck, it means you work and put food on the table.....Jeff Foxworthy made it into a joke!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I clicked on this thread for the pics. There are none.

Good job on introducing a new shooter to the range.

I may just neg rep you and undo Que's positive rep for failing to properly document the occasion according to INGO SOP.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Red or yellow, black or white, chicks with guns are wicked hot.

I was hoping you were going to make a rhyme... so disappointed. :(

I'll try, though I'm not very good:

"Red or yellow, black or white, chicks with guns are always right..."

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Good job!

Congratulations on engaging a new face with a sport involving firearms.:yesway:

Pics are unnecessary and race is nearly irrelevant to the situation. If it weren't for the scarcity of women and minorities we'd have to build more ranges. That would not be all bad, would it? Take a kid, take a friend, introduce anybody that expresses the slightest interest. We may need reinforcements who can shoot and not just cook when TSHTF.;)

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    We definitely need more folks in the shooting sports other than older white guys. The old false stereotypes of gun use portrayed by Hollywood and the antis need to be exposed. We need young folks, folks of all colors and women.

Actually, I think the black community is turning on this issue. The law abiding, inner city blacks don't care about gun control anymore. At a time in the past, maybe they did. Maybe they actually thought that handgun control would solve the issue of many young black males dying. For whatever reason, that no longer seems to be the case. For those outside the Indy area, there is a guy named Amos Brown who has a local talk show. He claims it to be the "talk show of record for the Indy African-American community." Anyways, he touched on these gun turn in programs that IMPD is hosting here in the next month or so. He was actually surprised that a lot of his callers were calling in opposition to the gun turn ins. A few of his callers honestly think that it is a way to disarm poor, inner city black people.

This follows the trend we saw in Chicago. Al Sharpton has a radio show and when he discussed the McDonald case, he was shocked that somewhere around 85% of the callers were against Chicago's ban on firearms.

I think the urban African-American community is seeing gun control for what it really is: People control. After a decade or so of seeing lots of young black males constantly dying to guns, it sounds like most are coming to the conclusion that if you play with fire, you are going to get burnt. A good % of those deaths are due to illicit dealings and/or fights it seems. Listening to members of this community on the radio/TV, the law-abiding, poor or rich, members of that community are sick of the thugs and gangsta culture. It seems that even those folks now realize the cops/government can't protect you 24/7.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Bloomington
    We went to the range on March 26. The whole shooting event was spontaneous and I did not have a camera with me. I am old school when it comes to cell phones, so I don't have all those special features like camera, games, computer, and crap. But we are planning another outing on the 9th of this month and I will try to remember the camera.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Forgot to rep you for introducing another person to a great sport and lifestyle. She sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders and you could even tell her that all the interwebz guys you know are happy to hear there is another hot babe at the range! :D

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    but was really apprehensive due to her perceived stereotypes of a white redneck sport:n00b: that would not except her there.

She said this or you? Nevermind, backing away must..........leave it alone.:ingo:

Top Bottom