Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    They put the kid on the stand and he lost it. That poor kid will never be the same even after all this is behind him.

Curious why they did put him on the stand, I thought they had it won anyway. But I am not an attorney.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    They put the kid on the stand and he lost it. That poor kid will never be the same even after all this is behind him.

Curious why they did put him on the stand, I thought they had it won anyway. But I am not an attorney.
    When you say "he lost it" and you don't know why they put him on the stand, do you mean he lost the case or that he lost his composure?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    He’s now an 18 year old kid that has to live with the fact that while he successfully defended himself from multiple violent attackers, he also took human lives. Not something I envy for him and I hope he has the support network he needs. I would be worried if he didn’t have a mental break reliving these things.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    He’s now an 18 year old kid that has to live with the fact that while he successfully defended himself from multiple violent attackers, he also took human lives. Not something I envy for him and I hope he has the support network he needs. I would be worried if he didn’t have a mental break reliving these things.

Yep. Seeing a good therapist weekly will be in his future for a while.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't disagree, which is why he shouldn't be found guilty on anything but the weapons and curfew charge. The curfew charge should be dropped unless htey plan on charging everyone that was out. The weapons charge can't be argued that he shouldn't be guilty, sadly. Jury nullification is the only option there and I doubt it.

Yes the weapon charge can be disputed.

There's a complication with the law that has Rittenhouse in a grey zone. Nobody can accurately say whether he is exempt from it or not.
    It will have to ride on precedence, or they will have to create precedence.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't see him going free, leadership of any type tolerates vigilantes as well as they do populism. Can't see how they will hold him if he's found not guilty, but leadership always has the hole cards.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think they had it objectively won. The jury isn’t necessarily objective. They have to overcome 2/3’s of the potential jurors already believing that Rittenhouse is a guilty, white supremacist, member of the Proud Boys. If the defense team didn’t do a good job if weeding those out, the evidence presented doesn’t matter. The ******, corrupt prosecutor doesn’t matter. Just imagine a jury of JeepHammers.

Well, not that putting Kyle on the stand would sway him either. So I guess nevermind. If that’s what the jury is made from, he’s ****ed.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    There is a much more active and lively discussion of the trial happening over here in this thread:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think they had it objectively won. The jury isn’t necessarily objective. They have to overcome 2/3’s of the potential jurors already believing that Rittenhouse is a guilty, white supremacist, member of the Proud Boys. If the defense team didn’t do a good job if weeding those out, the evidence presented doesn’t matter. The ******, corrupt prosecutor doesn’t matter. Just imagine a jury of JeepHammers.

Well, not that putting Kyle on the stand would sway him either. So I guess nevermind. If that’s what the jury is made from, he’s ****ed.
    The prosecution and people like JH seem to be implying that Rittenhouse should be culpable of guilt because he should'nt have been there. Let's just hope the jurors are'nt of that same mindset because it has no bearing on whether or not Rittehouse had a right to defend himself.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The prosecution and people like JH seem to be implying that Rittenhouse should be culpable of guilt because he should'nt have been there. Let's just hope the jurors are'nt of that same mindset because it has no bearing on whether or not Rittehouse had a right to defend himself.
    If you look at Twitter—:lmfao: no, seriously—it’s what they all believe. All the comments on the pro-guilty side are based on the idea that he had no business there at all with a gun, that he just went there to cause trouble. But they don’t have a problem with Gaige Grosskreutz, who was affiliated with far left agitator groups, driving even further from his Milwaukee suburb, illegally conceal-carrying his Glock.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Fortunately the law isn't based on this moronic idea of "yOu DiDn'T nEed tO bE tHeRe!" and it seems the judge in the Rittenhouse trial knows the law pretty darn well. Hopefully that translates over to instructions to the jury.

I heard a good analogy the other day to combat this silly argument: Imagine you're sitting at home late one night and realize you're out of milk. You like eating cereal for breakfast, so you decide to venture out at 2 a.m. to the Kwik-i-Mart for a half gallon of milk. On the way, a drunk runs a red light and t-bones your car.

The drunk doesn't get to argue away culpability by claiming, "you shouldn't have been out so late. You could have waited until morning to get the milk. You didn't need to be there."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That rationalization sounds like 'duty to retreat' bull****

You shouldn't have shot the BLM or AntiFa thug threatening to burn your house because 'you shouldn't have been there'

FATWO everybody who believes that

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am

Prosecution knows they lost, now they are in damage control. They should not be allowed to do lesser charges unless the defense gets time to defend those charges. No new, lesser charges should be allowed at all, IMO, since the case has been rested on both sides. Especially if the Jury can decide on their own. I honestly have no idea how this works.

Top Bottom