Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That was kind of my point. The cop gets his name witheld....and yet a minor defending property against the Lords of Chaos is disclosed.

Seems like unequal treatment.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I think that's a different shooter than the one that shot the guy in the arm. I could be mistaken though. I didn't think the arm shooter had actually killed anyone.

I may also be confused, but look at the YouTube link I posted just a few comments up. Ongoing incident?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    There’s a video where he walks to the cops with his hands up. They didn’t arrest him, so I’m assuming they made the judgement it was in self defense at the time. Of course, now the leftist are screaming “white supremacy” and “murdered peaceful protestors” so now they have to arrest him. Ludicrous

Fluid situation, we don't know much of anything at the moment. If the officers at the scene were to busy and your presence at the scene endangers your own life, you go to a near by place. That's just me though, "fleeing" the scene or state doesn't look good.

If you look at one video, you can see the suspect walking to a police car and then taking a step back with his hands higher. The cruiser than keeps moving. Seems like that cruiser by-passed him, we don't know why, there's no evidence of why. Maybe they were focused on a mass of protesters down the street, or the victims who were in the street ahead. Maybe they got a call about a different earlier shooting, remember, there are multiple shots fired after the AR guy fires his weapon.

I also would not characterize him as fleeing the scene, or evading justice without evidence of his motive. Maybe he thought, well those busy cops in the cruiser didn't say nothing so I'm going home.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think it prudent to avoid early conclusions both when cops shoot someone and when someone tells me a shooting is self defense. It seems to me that here on INGO, we seem biased to cop shooting and self defense claims are justified until proven otherwise. The laws governing the two do seem to vary from state to state.

I know the 1989 case covers cop shootings nationally but what about in states where there are stand your ground laws. If those can be applied to cops, just about any shooting could be justified due to the nature of their everyday interactions and especially at a time when respect for law enforcement seems to have sharply declined.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    There’s a video where he walks to the cops with his hands up. They didn’t arrest him, so I’m assuming they made the judgement it was in self defense at the time. Of course, now the leftist are screaming “white supremacy” and “murdered peaceful protestors” so now they have to arrest him. Ludicrous

I figure the officers on the street did not know he was the shooter and that was why they didn't take him onto custody when he approached them after the shooting. Good or bad shoot, he apparently shot three people,he is going to send some time with the police.

The mob was screaming at the police to arrest him on the scene and the police appeared to ignore the mob. That will tend to happen when that same mob has been screaming all kinds of nonsense at the police for days on end.

If he goes to trial, he wants 12 me's on the jury, but i think they have to arrest him and sort it out.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It had to happen eventually. I'd say that both sides will be arming up a bit more and that a gun battle at one of these events is not out of the realm of possibility.

Did the Korean shopowners actually shoot anyone back in the LA riots? I don't recall.

But, we have a new breed of bolder protester. They believed they were invulnerable marxists. That has now been disproved.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If it can happen in Kenosha, Wisconsin, it can happen anywhere. In the words of Sgt Maj Plumley...

tenor.gif

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Will Portland look like Beirut with running gun battles? Could be

"Running" is a world no longer in my tool box. But "preparation" is on the top shelf.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I have seen the video and read most of the stories so far. I don’t know what I think, from the video, it LOOKS like he is being chased, falls down, and is attacked. If so, self defense. It annoys me to no end that media keep referring the armed citizens defending property as “armed militia”. It is a subtle way of automatically associated them with “white supremacy “ groups. Maybe some of them are, but most are not. Rioters are called protesters and anyone defending themselves are called “militia”.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    This doesn't pass the sniff test. In what reality do the cops watch someone kill another person and say, "well, looked fine to me" and not at least detain and question the guy? Not even get a name? Something really weird happened.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    This doesn't pass the sniff test. In what reality do the cops watch someone kill another person and say, "well, looked fine to me" and not at least detain and question the guy? Not even get a name? Something really weird happened.

half-purple: A world where the police are told to stand down and not arrest people for assault, arson and vandalism.

Top Bottom