Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Im generally in agreement. Yes, it was stupid to show up, but hey, he has that right. I think he was proper in deploying deadly force on those who were attacking him. I wouldn’t convict him on that....BUT, if you’ve seen the video, he unloads about 5 or 6 rounds indiscriminately down range, when it appears he had no reason to. If one of the deceased is a result of that second part, then it won’t bode well for him. Again, why do people put themselves in such situations? Want some trigger time? Join the service.

I didn’t see indiscriminate rounds he fired? There’s lots of gunfire in the background noise. When was it, at the gas station, when he was on the ground?
    -rvb

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nobody. There is no crime, I can think of, where the potential victimization of the general public allows for the use of deadly force. You need to be way more specific than that.

mJKTqDV.png

I guess we've never fought a justified war then.
    That's a powerful insult you just issued to all service members and veterans.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Im generally in agreement. Yes, it was stupid to show up, but hey, he has that right. I think he was proper in deploying deadly force on those who were attacking him. I wouldn’t convict him on that....BUT, if you’ve seen the video, he unloads about 5 or 6 rounds indiscriminately down range, when it appears he had no reason to. If one of the deceased is a result of that second part, then it won’t bode well for him. Again, why do people put themselves in such situations? Want some trigger time? Join the service.
    The first guy he shot, Mr Red Shirt, was belligerent early in the video. Somehow he ends up chasing the shooter and throws something at him. Seems like the kid shot at that point and missed. Mr Red Shirt then continues chasing, almost catching him between parked cars when he's shot in the noggin.

If I'm holding a loaded rifle and someone begins chasing me and is clearly hostile, I can't see how it's unreasonable to shoot them. Such a person is clearly out of their f**kin mind and a legitimate threat.

What could a reasonable person expect to happen if Mr Red Shirt had managed to catch the kid? I don't think it'd take much fancy lawyering to convince a jury the kid was in fear of great bodily injury or death.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It may have been other other people, but my conclusion is based on the fact that there are 2 dead (we only see one), and another injured.
    -see vid at bottom of below link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2020/08/kyle-rittenhouse/amp/

You have a really bad perspective of the events that happened.

The first guy who died was the red shirt who was yelling racial slurs at him earlier. He chased him, threw stuff at him, then ended up getting domed.

Then the kid was running from the mob chasing him. He tripped and fell, at which point the crowd was attempting to dog pile him and he unloaded. He shot and killed one person, then blew the other guy's arm off.

There's where your 2 dead come from. There was shots being fired as he was walking to police to turn himself in, and I have no idea what was going on with those shots, but they weren't from him.

[video=youtube;rRa3h7RHHvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRa3h7RHHvg[/video] Here's him attempting to turn himself in.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So the individual with the AR was chased down by 3 people, and of that group one tried to jump on his head after he fell, another tried to strike his head with a skateboard, and the last guy approached him with a pistol drawn? That seems pretty clear self defense. Let's see what facts emerge around the first guy that was shot.

Having a hard time following all this one...if the shooter first chased down someone and shot him then any subsequent shootings could not be justified self defense if people reacted to the unjustified shoot. Maybe I am mistaken in my understanding of the events and timeline.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Having a hard time following all this one...if the shooter first chased down someone and shot him then any subsequent shootings could not be justified self defense if people reacted to the unjustified shoot. Maybe I am mistaken in my understanding of the events and timeline.

You are very mistaken.

I wish this website had an easy way to upload videos...

I'm putting it on youtube for you.

Will edit when it's done. Done.

[video=youtube;FXXWNna40xA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXXWNna40xA[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I guess we've never fought a justified war then.
    That's a powerful insult you just issued to all service members and veterans.

Any war waged under the excuse of protecting the “general public,” without further justification (ie being more specific), would be dubious to say the least.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The first guy who died was the red shirt who was yelling racial slurs at him earlier. He chased him, threw stuff at him, then ended up getting domed.

Then the kid was running from the mob chasing him. He tripped and fell, at which point the crowd was attempting to dog pile him and he unloaded. He shot and killed one person, then blew the other guy's arm off.

There's where your 2 dead come from. There was shots being fired as he was walking to police to turn himself in, and I have no idea what was going on with those shots, but they weren't from him.

[video=youtube;rRa3h7RHHvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRa3h7RHHvg[/video] Here's him attempting to turn himself in.

So there’s a shooting prior to where this video starts?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So there’s a shooting prior to where this video starts?

I'm getting so confused between the video I was just discussing and this one

Okay for the video where he turns himself in. Yes there was a shooting prior to that.

I uploaded the video of what happened before that video starts.

GMediC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    US
    Are we going to get out of this mess by minding our own business? Are we going to regain 2A rights previously removed by minding our own business? Hasn't worked so well up to now.
    They are poking the bear.
    It's none of my business till someones actions forces it to be.

Looting and burning of businesses does not meet the threshold of it being my business, at least not to the point that I will willing introduce myself to conflict.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's none of my business till someones actions forces it to be.

Looting and burning of businesses does not meet the threshold of it being my business, at least not to the point that I will willing introduce myself to conflict.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

As per Indiana law, even if it were your business, you could not defend it with lethal force.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm getting so confused between the video I was just discussing at this one

Okay for the video where he turns himself in. Yes there was a shooting prior to that.

I uploaded the video of what happened before that video starts.

Well, I’m not that old, but my eyes must be failing me. In the vid, I see one guy KIA, and another injured. Where is the third?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

At one point when he started to walk away toward the cops he turns around and then we hear the gunshots. It's hard to tell but IDK if it might have been him shooting into the air to keep the mob from coming after him. He then turns around again and proceeds towards the cops to turn himself in.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    [video=youtube;FXXWNna40xA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXXWNna40xA[/video]

Right here.

That was in the first vid? In light of the vid you posted, and not being on of those “well what happened before” folks, it would appear self-defense to me.

Top Bottom