• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    What's the average price on pure lead nowadays? Dad has a bunch of ingots he cast years ago in the garage, trying to talk him into selling some of it because he's always trying to figure out how to come up with cash for guns he wants without dipping into "household" money (where mom might shoot him!). He could probably sell half his lead and have a couple hundred pounds left, and since we don't hunt with BP (often) anymore, and he doesn't shoot .357 competition anymore, it's taking up space...

Think they're in 1lb. ingots, possibly 2lb.

msuspartan

Plinker
    Jun 29, 2011
    Fishers
    Not alot. You can get lead fairly cheap depending on where you sell it. On Ebay it ranges so check them and Gunbroker for what they are selling it for.

Cheers, DonK

DarkRose

Master
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Not alot. You can get lead fairly cheap depending on where you sell it. On Ebay it ranges so check them and Gunbroker for what they are selling it for.

Cheers, DonK

Tyty, sick today, so wasn't even thinking about where to check prices this morning... Looks like $1-$1.25/lb. + shipping or so...
    Might have to talk to him about that...

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I would love to see a black powder protion of the site. I hunt deer mostly with my muzzleloader and love it. But with that said it take time and a lot of trial and error to hunt that way. I would like to meet and hear from others and hear about there ups and downs with their muzzleloaders. In this form of community people can really benifit from others tips and trick that have helped them out. THis is a great Idea and would love see more of it. Thanks, Tyler

msuspartan

Plinker
    Jun 29, 2011
    Fishers
    Delmar,
    Good post, completely forgot about them!!!

With all the Muzzleloader hunters out there I completely agree. And with ML's in general too.

Cheers, DonK

sun

Marksman
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    Cap & ball revolvers are extremely popular. Many folks buy one and like it so much that they start buying all of the different models that are available. And with the 150 anniversary of the Civil War going on over the next few years, there will be a lot more interest in Civil War era guns in general.
    Black powder shooting is a specialized enough area of interest to warrant its own subforum.
    It helps to educate folks about all of their aspects and how to be safe.
    Plus Indiana has deep black powder roots and tradition with the NMLRA in Friendship. I hope that the oldest form of shooting sport isn't ignored.

unionblue19

Plinker
    Jun 13, 2011
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Civilwar Reenacting

I can see having a a Black Powder tab with sticky for the other BP item that come with owning and using BP. Specaly for Civil War, 1812, and ...... era reenacting. It can be a help full resource for new and old member to the hobby field.
    It would be help when it come to bullets making for that era of gun also.
    :ar15::biggun::bacondance::sheep:

msuspartan

Plinker
    Jun 29, 2011
    Fishers
    I am hoping that I can start a Indiana BP Championship shoot for next year. The only problem as of right now is a place to hold it. Most ranges are not set up for it. I am hoping, (after just visiting their website), is at Marion County F&G(?) as they have BP shooting AND alot of bays.
    We need to bring BP shooting out in the open more for all.

Any suggestions?

Any members at the Marion County range have ppl to contact?

Thanks, DonK

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I am hoping that I can start a Indiana BP Championship shoot for next year. The only problem as of right now is a place to hold it. Most ranges are not set up for it. I am hoping, (after just visiting their website), is at Marion County F&G(?) as they have BP shooting AND alot of bays.
    We need to bring BP shooting out in the open more for all.

Any suggestions?

Any members at the Marion County range have ppl to contact?

Thanks, DonK

How is this different from the BP matches held at the National Muzzleloader Assoc. Range in Friendship Indiana?

meyer4589

Expert
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    How is this different from the BP matches held at the National Muzzleloader Assoc. Range in Friendship Indiana?

There are also National Muzzleloader competition shoots in Grand Valley Michigan every year the first weekend in August.
    But you have to remember these are limited to the traditional style rifles and smooth-bores no modern inline stuff is allowed

Grizhicks

Expert
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Generally, in April, is the state Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS) BP match up in Enta Green (last few years) and as mentioned, the shoots down at Friendship. Also, there is a BP club in Morrisontown (NW Shelby County) (Blue Rive Longrifles, I think).

BP is a blast, and I would try my best to make a shoot. -- Grizhicks

<== (current avatar is a Husqvarna shotgun with BP shells)

Fireburnzero1

Plinker
    Sep 14, 2011
    Is there a way to reply to an ad without having to reach the required post? So far this is the only gunowners forum that requires a certain amount of post before u are allowed to purchase anything from someone. I was able to contact someone but apparently my other post where deleted. I guess it had some thing to do with them not being more than a few sentences. Do I really have to write a paragraph for them to count? just a little confused. thanks

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Is there a way to reply to an ad without having to reach the required post? So far this is the only gunowners forum that requires a certain amount of post before u are allowed to purchase anything from someone. I was able to contact someone but apparently my other post where deleted. I guess it had some thing to do with them not being more than a few sentences. Do I really have to write a paragraph for them to count? just a little confused. thanks

I assume you were trying to buy a BP rifle since you posted in this thread. :D

:rules:

Man I wish this site had a FAQ

Delmar

Master
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Generally, in April, is the state Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS) BP match up in Enta Green (last few years) and as mentioned, the shoots down at Friendship. Also, there is a BP club in Morrisontown (NW Shelby County) (Blue Rive Longrifles, I think).

BP is a blast, and I would try my best to make a shoot. -- Grizhicks

<== (current avatar is a Husqvarna shotgun with BP shells)
    I have shot CAS at Etna Green a couple of times. It's a really nice set up but I was the only one out of 50 some guys shooting cap and ball and I'm not sure anyone else was shooting BP. I will try to make it to the state BP match in April.

Delmar

Master
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I have seen several forums that don't even let you see the classified section until you have a certain number of posts.

Top Bottom