Before I put a matching stock on it.

10403317_10152560015701851_3467288287795412782_n.jpg

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I prefer black and od. I don't like fde. Currently debating on my newest build if I'll stay with black or go od. I may wind up just using alumahyde on everything if I go od. It's just way to easy and cheap to go that route then have everything I want cerakoted.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I've debated about doing an OD AR for a while, just never jumped the gun. Have all black, burnt bronze cerakote, FDE furnitured, and one with NP3 receivers. Just never jumped and did an OD. Never have camo'd a personal AR either and kinda always thought about doing that as well.

Too many options, not enough funds.......but time does come in handy

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Well there are tons of color options out there being everything can be painted an baked. My daughters i built started out with a black upper, pink lower, an a tan magpul stock. She wanted this color. Mags never got any cerikote.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Well there are tons of color options out there being everything can be painted an baked. My daughters i built started out with a black upper, pink lower, an a tan magpul stock. She wanted this color. Mags never got any cerikote.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Once you go black you never go back.

I only buy rifle parts that are black in color now.... I swap parts enough times that it just makes it easier when I get fed up with one configuration and want to move the part to a different rifle. That way it always looks good.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    When I was looking to get a Magpul MOE stock in OD I had a hard time finding one locally. Apparently no one wants OD and only wants black and FDE. I like the look of FDE, but it's out of place here and OD is more fitting with Indiana terrain and foliage.

My vote is OD.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Likewise, if I were to get an OD green LPK, would the gun look weird using black or aluminum magazines? That's what I'm most concerned about is conflicting colors.

Let me know your thoughts!!

You may want to post here:

Women and Firearms

In all seriousness, black is the easiest normally to source parts either online or locally. As long as it functions correctly and reliably, I wouldn't worry too much about appearance. If you like green, go green. If you like black, go black. It's really that simple especially when you are most likely building a range toy/home defense tool.

Jwmeador

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Franklin
    Happy Saturday INGO! I have a question for you fancy AR people. I've had a lower since the summer, and I figured it's about time to throw a LPK on it. Palmetto has the kit I want in stock in both black and OD green, I just can't decide what route I want to go. My question for you is, which color do you prefer and why? Likewise, if I were to get an OD green LPK, would the gun look weird using black or aluminum magazines? That's what I'm most concerned about is conflicting colors.

Let me know your thoughts!!

IMO almost any color would be fine as long as it does not end up looking like you just pieced it together with multiple different colors based off of whatever colors were available at the time. OD and black look awesome only if the gun is themed that way thoughtfully from start to finish. If you didn't want any other matching green on the rifles build to make it look like it was thoughtfully designed as green black 2 tone i would just stick with all black. If the whole rifle was pure black except for the LPK IMO i don't think that would look right. My first impression would be to think green LPK was the only kit you could find at the time of building and that is why the LPK is green.
    Hope this makes sense. Good Luck!

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I prefer black for my Evil Black Rifles because it's traditional AND pisses of the anti-s.

You do realize the AR was developed in brown, first adopted (very briefly) as OD and then it was changed to black back when it should have spent another few years in development, doncha? Black may now be "traditional" but brown and OD were the original, and not only look much better, but also tend to blend much better. I paint every black rifle I get, so I don't bother buying black if other options are available.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I have black and od green. people always comment on the od. Nothing fancy. DS Arms, Magpul OD forearm, Hoque OD Grip, Magpul ACS stock. Magpul PMAGS in od green. And of course, GI sling in OD ftw! Oh, I even have an OD bag to haul it around nowadays.
    They both shoot the same... color doesn't seem to affect accuracy much. Maybe I need to change the wiper fluid, or add an air freshener.

The scope has changed to a Vortex Strike Eagle.
    AR_DSA_zps88b83198.jpg

AR_MampP_zps983a32c0.jpg

Klbeeks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2013
    Wabas
    If you're worried about matching, go black. accessories, optics and everything else is always easier to find in black.

Top Bottom