• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    UHHHH UNCOMFORTABLE QUICK

Well I will have to keep my true life experiences to myself. Since we are to be good little people on here. My question is why is it I must be good, PC and not call things as I personally have seen them. As the tide has turned in my life I have not seen any improvement on personal behavior or pride or responsibility or wanting to help out fellow man. Let alone the children or the old lady down the street. As for now I must go retire to either The cave, think happy thoughts or since it's time for the ants to invade the kitchen I will go release a plague of aerosol bug death on them. After that patiently watch the clouds for the next chem. trail as I dream of my hero Atticus Finch. After all he was the best shot in the county.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    BTW, "who" exactly is a gangsta rapper nowadays? Jay-Z certainly doesn't fit the whole image started by NWA, and former member Ice Cube has traded in his AK for a fishing rod.

Hmmm.... Where's that pic...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I've been pointing this out for years here on INGO. If data set "B" were removed from gun crime statistics the gun murders (per 100,000) would be in line with un-armed Europe...with a quarter of the overall violent crime. It is unfortunate that data set "B" is murdering with firearms at 14 times the rate of data set "W" but if we really want to lower the rate we have to start there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've been pointing this out for years here on INGO. If data set "B" were removed from gun crime statistics the gun murders (per 100,000) would be in line with un-armed Europe...with a quarter of the overall violent crime. It is unfortunate that data set "B" is murdering with firearms at 14 times the rate of data set "W" but if we really want to lower the rate we have to start there.

I'm assuming "B" stands for broke, and "W" stands for wealth. That said, I agree. People with less wealth, commit more crimes. That a good place to start, but I'm not exactly sure how one eliminates poverty.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I'm assuming "B" stands for broke, and "W" stands for wealth. That said, I agree. People with less wealth, commit more crimes. That a good place to start, but I'm not exactly sure how one eliminates poverty.

While I agreed with you above , Kut...

I have to wonder whether income level is the disease? or just a symptom? Sure - some people steal because they are hungry. Fair enough. But for every Jean ValJean out there, there's a ton of folks committing crimes for other reasons. Reasons of the lack of a moral compass. True gangsta-style crime is done because the person in question is doing it to fit into the gang "family" and move their way up the ladder. Same could be said of some motorcycle gangs etc. It fills a void for family since the original one broke down.

Far more often than not, I would suggest that it is a case of the lifestyle causes the poverty more than the poverty causes the lifestyle.

That's why handing out money (a la the Great Society) doesn't work. Period.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Pope hats are universal humor. It translates into every race, religion, and diet softdrink preference group.

ETA: Oh, yeah, and I love gansta rap. You show me a rapper wearing a pope hat? I'll fall apart!

Then do it with a muslim head towel if its sooooo hilarious........

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer

I am not claiming to know the answer, but statistically it has nothing to do with money. There are far more broke "w's" than "b's" and it is not represented in the data. Poverty surely has something to do with it but it is not the driving factor. That is the whole point of my post. We need to look at data set "B" and find the root cause. The firearm homicide rate of data set "W" is 1.x per 100,000. The firearm homicide rate for data set "B" is 14.x per 100,000. Both W and B live in the same country with the same laws and opportunities. It can be argued that on a micro level data set "B" might have a disadvantage or a perceived disadvantage but is it enough to generate the differences? This is a problem that can be solved but due to political correctness people do not want to look at the data, they choose to ignore it.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Well if all the "B" and "W", heck throw in the "M", were removed than our rate would be the lowest. Leave the "A" alone. Heck we would have the lowest crime rate worldwide and the highest SAT scores ... :D

THarris88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    I'm black and the rap culture is true..not the stuff on the radio but the other stuff.

The rap that promotes nothing but killing cops, smoking weed, cheating on gfs, etc.

I've been through that phase in highschool and truthfully do not care for it anymore..

Friends that I've been with since HS still go to the clubs and live a kid lifestyle..smoke blunts..drink all day etc.

I work in a jail far away from all that nonsense. I'm glad I moved from Gary to Indianapolis and started my job in corrections.

Search "**** the feds" by gbe..yes it's a real song. This is what youth is listening to.

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    do you think maybe a whole generation of people on welfare , un-willing to work might be the cause for the rampant crime in some neighborhoods ?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And I call bunk on gangsta rap causing people to commit murders.

Yes, it is part of the equation but not the problem in total. It is a life style glorified in these cultures and the youth will do whatever is needed to attain this "Status" even if it is short lived.
    I have had numerous discussions with young men/women of color. They agree that it is a problem as it seeps into the fabric of the people involved.
    Violent video's games are not the only thing that can push a weak minded person over the edge but it does figure into the equation.

Go down to 38th and Sherman....go down to 46th and college. Hell, come into my hood and spend a minute or 5. Look around and you will see that it is part of the problem.

Top Bottom