• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    we all have my friend. its just different when a girl does it because they are vulnerable to attack more so than a male.

this case is not looking good, the longer it goes. how many days is it now? looks like its getting national attention. maybe the added preasure will cause any players involved to goof up and be caught. I still have hope she is alive.

Speak for yourself. I have never ever once in my almost 60 years drank enough to pass out, or not be able to walk and talk. That's idiotic, but it does happen. Unfortunately.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Rumor that I heard from my neighbor (queen of gossip so take it with a grain of salt) was that police found her in a woods near Bender Lumber & Hoosier Hills Food Bank. I would presume dead if she was found in the woods but the police haven't released any official statements.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Rumor that I heard from my neighbor (queen of gossip so take it with a grain of salt) was that police found her in a woods near Bender Lumber & Hoosier Hills Food Bank. I would presume dead if she was found in the woods but the police haven't released any official statements.
    well the news is on right now. being the vultures they (the media) are im sure if it was true they would be talking about it but they arent. so im gonna believe its not true. i hope its not true.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009

I also hope this is not true...

But that is probably the worst part of the entire city. If you don't agree, then you probably haven't spent much time in that area.

I know hindsight is always 20/20, but at this point I find it pretty sad that it took them days to decide to get the security drives. I would hope that those woods would have been checked almost first due to the proximity of them to the last sighting... I hope they had searches just checking the shoulders of the road, Btown is clueless when it comes to keeping the city looking tidy or even safe for that matter.

I'm done ranting, I could type all night. I hate this armchair quarterback feeling I get when I think about this. Does anybody know how to become certified in search and rescue without having to front thousands of dollars? Feel free to PM me if you have a real response. I would prefer to not be the guy who sidetracked this thread. BTW, I say certified because I want to look at the boss and tell them I have crap to do...

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    This story gets more bizarre...

According to the IndyStar today, Lauren and the male who accompanied her from Kilroy's walked to her apartment complex (Smallwood) where the male was confronted by one or more males and punched in the face. Supposedly, he doesn't remember this nor does he remember anything after walking into Smallwood with Lauren. He doesn't remember anything at all until he woke up the next day. The police discovered the confrontation by looking at the security video footage from the complex.

That's fishy...

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I also hope this is not true...

But that is probably the worst part of the entire city. If you don't agree, then you probably haven't spent much time in that area.

uhh not really I know plenty worse places in town, and for reference I'm bloomington born and raised.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    This story gets more bizarre...

According to the IndyStar today, Lauren and the male who accompanied her from Kilroy's walked to her apartment complex (Smallwood) where the male was confronted by one or more males and punched in the face. Supposedly, he doesn't remember this nor does he remember anything after walking into Smallwood with Lauren. He doesn't remember anything at all until he woke up the next day. The police discovered the confrontation by looking at the security video footage from the complex.

That's fishy...

I agree. Super fishy... I remember every time ive ever been punched, especially in the face. And to add to that, I never been punched while sober.

I'm thinking multiple people aren't talking and they are right there in smallwood. And what's up with this guy, what's her boyfriend know about this guy?

I've partied like a rock star in Smallwood and scumbags definitley come out of the wood work.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I'm done ranting, I could type all night. I hate this armchair quarterback feeling I get when I think about this. Does anybody know how to become certified in search and rescue without having to front thousands of dollars? Feel free to PM me if you have a real response. I would prefer to not be the guy who sidetracked this thread. BTW, I say certified because I want to look at the boss and tell them I have crap to do...

When an event like this happens, everyone wants to be a hero.

SAR work in Indiana is all volunteer, and it costs a lot of time and money to become proficient at it. And once you become proficient at it you then spend most of your time trying to convince the local agencies that your group is not just a bunch of patch collecting wannabees (because 90% of the groups out there that form are exactly that) so it requires years of demonstration that your group are professional and can be relied upon.

Unless, of course, your family member is the Sheriff or fire chief or county commissioner or whatever, then you can form a group with no qualifications whatseoever, and walk tall being a local hero in spite of the fact that you can't find your hand in front of your face.

In Monroe County, Argus is one of the longest lived canine SAR teams out there (I helped start it 12 years ago), they also are involved in ground pounding, and I can give anyone who PMs me the contact information. MCSAR is another ground pounding SAR group in the Monroe County area that may now be defunct, but I can also give the last contact information.

I'm part of the Search and Rescue Training Advisory Committee that the IDHS Training Center at Atterbury.
    IDHS: Search and Rescue Training Program

Lillian Hardy is the director there and can put people in touch with local SAR teams.

Unfortunately, everyone wants to help during a crisis, but very few people want to put in the effort to get enough basic training beforehand to be really useful

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    uhh not really I know plenty worse places in town, and for reference I'm bloomington born and raised.

I know you don't want to change the subject, but care to share? Keep it inside city limits... I find it useful knowledge. I'm hoping to go over Saturday and Probably Sunday.

And to clarify... I'm not talking about where she was last scene, I'm talking about under the tracks past Bender. For reference I lived in that hole for 5 years and worked construction with sum of Btowns finest scum. I've worked in every part of town, including many habitat for humanity homes. I wasn't there for school. I'm still over there two weekends a month at the least.

I've even spent some time in the Highland Lounge :)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well if your referring the the hill then yes but 9th st area no. between the bridge and the hill is trashy but I wouldn't call it dangerous, had a friend spend his whole college life just past the bridge at the house right next to the mercedes shop.

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    well the news is on right now. being the vultures they (the media) are im sure if it was true they would be talking about it but they arent. so im gonna believe its not true. i hope its not true.

With Indy, Louisville, and Terre Haute news markets in Bloomington and multiple National outlets constantly following this story - there's zero chance that if she's been found... none of them are reporting it.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Did no one notice that the victim is listed as being 20 Y.O., but she was at a bar? I dont think I've ever been to Kilroy's, but if its a full service 21 + bar, I would say Indiana Excise will be paying a visit, and they can share a small portion of the blame for all of this. I'm 22, and I'm wrapping up my Bachelors at Indiana State this summer. I will say there is no one more silly than a wasted young girl at 4 in the morning. Girls get in petty arguments, catfights, what have you, and will walk miles back home. I hope she turns up alive, but if she doesn't, I hope the story will be remembered by future IU undergrads.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Did no one notice that the victim is listed as being 20 Y.O., but she was at a bar? I dont think I've ever been to Kilroy's, but if its a full service 21 + bar, I would say Indiana Excise will be paying a visit, and they can share a small portion of the blame for all of this. I'm 22, and I'm wrapping up my Bachelors at Indiana State this summer. I will say there is no one more silly than a wasted young girl at 4 in the morning. Girls get in petty arguments, catfights, what have you, and will walk miles back home. I hope she turns up alive, but if she doesn't, I hope the story will be remembered by future IU undergrads.
    she probly had a fake ID like MANY MANY MANY people do. I use to pay my doormen $5 per fake ID they brought to me and I also had my guys do random ID checks throughout the club during the night. after a while when I stopped paying out as much at the door but my guys inside were still finding minors (under 21) then I knew I had a problem with one of the doorman letting underage friends in or taking bribes. so I started observing on camera and caught him :D I cleaned house :):
    I was head of security, just a part time job to have fun and earn extra $$ after I got out of the military till I found something better, but DAMN was it fun!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I think I would be focusing in on the boy who walked her home, or the ones who he was in a confrontation with. he says he doesnt remember, thats hard to believe unless he was on drugs or something and thats still motive..

Top Bottom