• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Thanks for the info 360. I appreciate your perspective!

I have a brother-in-law who owns a business within the Bloomington city limits. The amount of hassle the City puts him through is unreal! If you remodel an old business building, the city tells you how many trees / bushes you have to put out, and where! They have ridiculous regulations on signage, parking lots etc. Just like the central planning of the Soviets in the 70s! I can just imagine what they would do if the knew you were bringing in a shooting range!

thats why i moved to Greene County.....the Bloomington commys are just off the wall.....my sister had to beg the city just to build a garage on here own land.....man don't get me started!!!:ar15:

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    There's an indoor range on South Walnut/S Old 37 across from the Toyota Dealership....

Too bad it's not public :(

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Thanks for the info 360. I appreciate your perspective!

I have a brother-in-law who owns a business within the Bloomington city limits. The amount of hassle the City puts him through is unreal! If you remodel an old business building, the city tells you how many trees / bushes you have to put out, and where! They have ridiculous regulations on signage, parking lots etc. Just like the central planning of the Soviets in the 70s! I can just imagine what they would do if the knew you were bringing in a shooting range!

Well, it is on the drawing board. I have some capital to put into it, and I should have no problem finding other investors. I am also willing to go head to head with the COB. Finding a local Pro-2A attorney is my next step. It may take awhile, but if I can get all my ducks in a row, one day we'll have a nice range here somewhere.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    You know what place I would like to check out is the old ski place across from where the Little Nashville Opry stood. That place looks ideal for a Sportsman's Club.

The guy who owns Brads Gold club in Indy just bought that a couple of years ago, doubt it is for sale. He just bought the parking lot next to 46 also.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    The guy who owns Brads Gold club in Indy just bought that a couple of years ago, doubt it is for sale. He just bought the parking lot next to 46 also.
    Wonder what he intends to do with it?

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    The old walmart building next to Sam's! Would be a dream. I'm sure it is at least 50-100 yards wide. Great for Ranges. Then all that space! Money IS lost trying to open a gun store in and for Bloomington. But a gun store of that size would be in Bloomington, but for the whole state! That would be my hobby if I won the lotto! dumb 10-20 million into a huge-ass gun store/range. With Go carts and a bar! Missing anything?

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    The old walmart building next to Sam's! Would be a dream. I'm sure it is at least 50-100 yards wide. Great for Ranges. Then all that space! Money IS lost trying to open a gun store in and for Bloomington. But a gun store of that size would be in Bloomington, but for the whole state! That would be my hobby if I won the lotto! dumb 10-20 million into a huge-ass gun store/range. With Go carts and a bar! Missing anything?

One thing I always wanted to open was a food joint called "Food Fair" where all that was sold was the kind of stuff you find at the county/state fair.

It would go hand in hand with a range/gunshop. :D

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    One thing I always wanted to open was a food joint called "Food Fair" where all that was sold was the kind of stuff you find at the county/state fair.

It would go hand in hand with a range/gunshop. :D

awwww jesus H christ now we have issues! I've had that idea since was 13 and now you want to take it from me?

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    It would take some serious capital investors to get the old Wal-Mart building. I haven't checked, but I bet it ain't cheap.

However, if one could afford it, and done correctly, could become a premier establishment in the country. It could have training facilities, range lanes, shop, eateries, you name it.

I don't think Bloomington and the surrounding area could support it though.

protongun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    been into Gary's shop a couple of times over the last few years, most recently in late January. At that point he told me he was closing that location down and was going to work out of his home to sell guns at 10% over cost perhaps that is the van. I had him price me a 1911 and he told me he would beat the price of Spencer Bait and Tackle, and MC sports. He took my information down to give me a call once he confirmed the price he quoted me, but i never heard from him. I have had good luck ordering guns through Gene at Spencer Bait and Tackle on 46 . He has always been able to meet or beat MC sports pricing and most of the time internet pricing. and usually gets stuff within 2-3days of ordering I would strongly recommend giving him a call to see what he can do for you before you buy next time. He recently saved me $100 on an AR and roughly $50 on a 1911 :yesway:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    been into Gary's shop a couple of times over the last few years, most recently in late January. At that point he told me he was closing that location down and was going to work out of his home to sell guns at 10% over cost perhaps that is the van. I had him price me a 1911 and he told me he would beat the price of Spencer Bait and Tackle, and MC sports. He took my information down to give me a call once he confirmed the price he quoted me, but i never heard from him. I have had good luck ordering guns through Gene at Spencer Bait and Tackle on 46 . He has always been able to meet or beat MC sports pricing and most of the time internet pricing. and usually gets stuff within 2-3days of ordering I would strongly recommend giving him a call to see what he can do for you before you buy next time. He recently saved me $100 on an AR and roughly $50 on a 1911 :yesway:
    I stopped by there one day and chatted with him. A real nice fella.

Top Bottom