• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Dads family were all big pinochle players and I loved playing it. Unfortunately they are all gone now.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't really play board games anymore.

Cards: Sequence (guess that's actually a board game), Up and Down the River,

I usually only play when family visits. Otherwise it's just my wife and I and we throw darts. Cricket and Around the World mostly.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I don't play a lot of games, but for adults I love Cards Against Humanity and Scrabble, and for kids/family I like Sorry.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I guess I played more of some of these than I thought when I was a kid. Keep seeing games (like Yahtzee for example) that I just totally forgot about since it's been so long since I've played them.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Showing my inner nerd, but Talisman is by far one of the best board games I've ever played. It's a board game dungeon crawler that's very easy to play.

I'd say I put most of my game time on a Risk board. Recently a variant called Risk: Legacy

And there's always the classics. The wife and I play chess and Othello on occasion.

rmw250

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    Kokomo
    We try to have A family game night every week. Favorites include Euchre, Yahtzee, Aggravation and Scrabble.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Euchre and bid euchre (SWMBO hates it - her favorites are rummy, Scattergories and Pictionary), Dominion (with youngest), Twilight Imperium is growing on me.
    In Ohio we never played euchre. It was always hearts, 500, and spades (2, 3 and 4 hand).

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    We play Euchre. When I was a kid we played Rook, because according to my Mom playing cards were of the devil. Then we played Euchre only with Rook cards. Finally, she relented and we actually used playing cards.

There is a card game in Wisconsin called 22. You try to get the lowest score each hand and th le high score gets the points on their last card until someone gets 22 points. The next hand is dealt out with the number of cards from the losers card, so sometimes 6 or 4, even 3 once in a while. So the strategy changes each hand. You can go from being sure your gonna win to losing in one hand sometimes. I’ve never seen or heard of it other than from one group of friends

https://www.pagat.com/last/22.html

For Christmas we got the kids a card game called Exploding Kittens, mostly cause we thought the name was a hoot. It was actually pretty fun once we figured it out.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Growing up it was always UNO. I really got into Euchre in middle school during "study hall". Poker in my early adult years.

Would love to get back into poker but can't find a game these days.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Growing up it was always UNO. I really got into Euchre in middle school during "study hall". Poker in my early adult years.

Would love to get back into poker but can't find a game these days.

Euchre still baffles me.
    favorite card game: spades
    favorite board game: Battleship, Fortress America, Life
    Favorite misc game: dominos

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Euchre still baffles me.

Same. SWMBO LOVES it. I tried playing once but its not an intuitive game in the slightest. I'd rather solve math problems or go lick doorknobs in China rather than play that damn game.

EDIT: I hate it so much if she forced me to play it every week I would strongly consider divorce.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Euchre still baffles me.
    From what I understand, spades is pretty similar to euchre. I was surprised to find out how "regional" a thing that euchre is.

This thread is bringing back memories. We used to play Canasta a lot when I was a kid - played with 2 full decks of cards. I would have no idea how to play it today. I just remember shuffling 2 decks of cards was a *****! :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Same. SWMBO LOVES it. I tried playing once but its not an intuitive game in the slightest. I'd rather solve math problems or go lick doorknobs in China rather than play that damn game.

EDIT: I hate it so much if she forced me to play it every week I would strongly consider divorce.

Oh c'mon now... you only have to keep track of 24 cards instead of 52! :):

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I got my sister Redneck Life board game then later an expansion pack. Her and my brother's boys love to play when we get together on holidays.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    From what I understand, spades is pretty similar to euchre. I was surprised to find out how "regional" a thing that euchre is.

This thread is bringing back memories. We used to play Canasta a lot when I was a kid - played with 2 full decks of cards. I would have no idea how to play it today. I just remember shuffling 2 decks of cards was a *****! :):

Euchre is a strong Michigan tradition.

Top Bottom