• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On a related note is a variation of Uno: Cutthroat rules.

its simple. Only 2 new rules:
    1: All draw cards are "stackable"; If somebody plays a draw 2, you either draw 2 or lay another draw 2 and the next schmuck now has a draw 4. Lather, rinse repeat until some poor soul has to draw a TON of cards.
    2: If you cant play a card, you dont draw one and let the next person go. You draw until you can play something.
    This is the proper way to play UNO, I believe it's even in the official rules.

This causes fights in our house as someone tries to get the longer runs while someone else is trying to get a color. Great game.

Monopoly Deal is another one that we've had a lot of fun with. We have found that using two decks and extending the winning conditions from 3 monopolies to 5 made it more fun.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is the proper way to play UNO, I believe it's even in the official rules.

Nope. Just checked the rules. No stacking, and only one draw per turn.

Though I didnt know that if the first card is a a wild the dealer chooses the color, and if a draw card the dealer draws. We always drew another first card, or just used that color, respectively.

https://www.unorules.com/

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Brace yourself, it's going to get nerdy...

Board Games:

Russian Railroads
    Caylus
    Kanban
    Tzolkin: The Mayan Calendar
    Puerto Rico
    Sun, Sea & Sand
    Troyes
    Kingdomino
    Las Vegas

Card Games:
    Tichu
    Euchre (of course)

Party Games:
    Codenames
    Love Letter
    Telestrations
    Time's Up!

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Acey ducey. Sort of like backgammon, but different rules. It was a steadfast pastime on Navy ships back in the day.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another good one. (we are test playing ALL our games in 2022 to throw out the sucky ones)

Chickapig.
    You have to get all of your chickapigs across the board to the gate. but the chickapigs cant stop until they hit something. But you can move hay bales to stop them so that they can move another direction on the next move.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Another good one. (we are test playing ALL our games in 2022 to throw out the sucky ones)

Chickapig.
    You have to get all of your chickapigs across the board to the gate. but the chickapigs cant stop until they hit something. But you can move hay bales to stop them so that they can move another direction on the next move.

OMG. That is hard to watch.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OMG. That is hard to watch.
    admit it. You are attracted to the farmer's wife. LOL.

The game is better than their instructional video. (but honestly we had to play it again for the 3rd time to make sure it was a keeper. We are making an effort to burn through EVERY game to make sure we REALLY want to keep them.)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note, any suggestions for a good dice tower? Amazon's search is broken and is only showing the magnetic dice mats. (or over the top ornate skull towers)

Several times tonight we gave the side eye to a roll because it didnt. it just skidded across the box top. (not saying anyone was cheating, it just didnt tumble as expected)

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    On a related note, any suggestions for a good dice tower? Amazon's search is broken and is only showing the magnetic dice mats. (or over the top ornate skull towers)

Several times tonight we gave the side eye to a roll because it didnt. it just skidded across the box top. (not saying anyone was cheating, it just didnt tumble as expected)
    We don't really use a dice tower much but I know Eraptor makes a variety of of dice towers ranging from the simple and straight forward to the fairly elaborate for fairly reasonable prices. I think they are located in Britain. I'd check boardgamegeek.com for other options. You can find pretty much anything to do with board games and accessories on there but it's not the easiest to use/find stuff website.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    In answer to the original question, my current favorites are roughly in this order.

Board Games:
    Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion
    Memoir '44
    Wingspan
    Castles of Burgundy
    Kemet
    Western Legends
    Journeys in Middle Earth
    Bunny Kingdoms
    Rampage/Terror in Meeple City

Card Games:
    Smash Up
    Sushi Go
    Hadara

Party Games:
    Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
    Dixit
    Sheriff of Nottingham
    Apples to Apples

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Card Games:
    9 card Golf
    Euchre
    Cinch
    Phase 10

Party Games
    Dominos
    Monopoly
    Life
    Catchphrase
    Tellustrations

Adult Party Games
    Cards against Humanity
    What do you meme

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another new party game we're playing is Telestrations. It's pretty fun.

That game can leave you hurting from laughter with the right crowd.

Another one for the more technical folks are JackBox games. Everyone plays using their smartphones or tablets as controllers. You buy it for Amazon Firesticks, PC, or Tablet or gaming console. the owner of the game hosts and everyone surfs to the website from their phone and puts in the code on the screen to join your game. Quiplash and bidiots are my favorites.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Lately:
    Poetry for Neanderthals - can be a hoot
    Legendary
    Codenames

Twilight Imperium is for the hard core. It takes some time to even learn, then more time to select a civ, and play usually lasts between 6 and 8 hours.

Our boys are playtesting a game they invented called Red Alert, which includes elements from many games and loosely involves the Star Trek universe.

jkholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Mooreland
    Munchkin is an awesome game, and is by far the most often played card game around my house. Magic The Gathering (we only have some early cards, nothing recent) is played occasionally as well. I do really enjoy some euchre occasionally also, though we don't tend to play that often.

I do play D&D on a regular basis, as well as battletech whenever I can. Cyberpunk (the original) is alot of fun as well.

Top Bottom