• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    On lake Monroe every weekend of the summer , rain or shine , boat stays in a slip all summer and hopefully we will get lucky to score a condo again this summer

We live for the weekends on the lake

euby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    West Newton
    On lake Monroe every weekend of the summer , rain or shine , boat stays in a slip all summer and hopefully we will get lucky to score a condo again this summer

We live for the weekends on the lake

What dock you on? I keep a boat at four winds.... I dock. Was there last week and they are totally remodeling the whole hotel.

tobi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    I can't wait. I have planning the spring boat repairs all winter. There is nothing better than a hot sunny day and a cold beverage out on a boat - Heaven!

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Boat Sport and Travel Show this weekend. That will gets the spring fever going in me for sure.

I hate this damn show. It just gets me going way to early. Don't get me wrong I will be out there at least 2 days but man it makes me anxious to get back on the water. Plus I always spend way to much money there too.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We go to Monroe every weekend (weather permitting) and are planning a few trips to Cumberland this summer.
    At Monroe we put in at Paynetown and go to the dam when we have our son, and on Adult days we head straight to Allans Creek.
    At Cumberland we go to no place in particular. We always rent cottages/cabins. On the northeast end of the lake, we will generally stay near Burnside and go hang out at Echo Point. If we go to the south end, we usually stay at Alligator 2. Then we will go to Harmon Creek, 76 falls, or just chill in a cove. We will probably go to the Poker Run out of State Dock in Sept. I hear there is one in early summer out of Lees Ford, but I don't know how good it is. BTW, is Mardi Gras still the third Sat. in August?:D

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Speaking of repairs and upgrades... Does anyone have any recommendations for a good mechanic/electrician to work on boats in central IN? I want a few electrical things checked out and am wanting to "invest" in some stereo upgrades.

whiteman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    knee Deep In Mud
    Got my boat out on Tippy a couple weeks ago when it opened up. Had a good time but no fish?? Will be headed out on Lake Michigan for some perch in the next few weeks.

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    Sounds like we need a RAFT up at Monroe, ORRE what do you want to do electric wise I can send you some pics of what I have in my boat and some others that I have done. We are running a 1800 watt amp with 2 10 inch MTX subs, 4 MTX 2 way with satellite tweeters and 4 6 inch three way speakers. It rocks everything is on its own channel so you can get the directional sounds.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nothing to elaborate. We have a 25' tri-toon and I was wanting to hang some 3 way outdoor speakers off the tow bar in back (for listening while floating/swimming), which may or may not need amplified, and switching out/ adding additional inboard speakers. So I'm open to suggestions. I'm not interested in trying to be louder than anybody in the cove, but It would be nice to be able to drown out the other crap in my immediate vicinity..

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I boated for many years. Went every weekend from April to October and spent a week at Cumberland every year. I had a 30' cigarette with twin 454's. Now That I'm older I fly instead of boat. Because my wife is scared of water.

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    We go to Monroe every weekend (weather permitting) and are planning a few trips to Cumberland this summer.
    At Monroe we put in at Paynetown and go to the dam when we have our son, and on Adult days we head straight to Allans Creek.
    At Cumberland we go to no place in particular. We always rent cottages/cabins. On the northeast end of the lake, we will generally stay near Burnside and go hang out at Echo Point. If we go to the south end, we usually stay at Alligator 2. Then we will go to Harmon Creek, 76 falls, or just chill in a cove. We will probably go to the Poker Run out of State Dock in Sept. I hear there is one in early summer out of Lees Ford, but I don't know how good it is. BTW, is Mardi Gras still the third Sat. in August?:D

We usually stay at Lee's Ford on Memorial Day weekend, it's one of the nicer ramps on Cumberland. When we go down for the 4th and Labor Day we always stay at Lake Pointe Resort and launch from Alligator 2. The ramps not as "launch friendly" at Alligator but the access to the main lake is better.

As for speakers, I'm running 2 pair of Infinity waketower speakers, 2 6" alpines, and 2 MTX subs powered by 3 seperate amps. From what I've experienced the Infinity tower speakers are expensive but better quality than others.

Top Bottom