• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Costas keeps saying on O'Reiley that he isn't against the 2A but he's against the "gun culture" that has developed. I'm scratching my head. Not against legal gun ownership just the "gun culture". You know... I'm hesitent to say it but I'll say it. I believe Bob Costas is a racist. Because what I think he's refering to in "gun culture" is "those blacks".

I don't think he'll ever admit it. And I don't think he'll ever say that 2A is a Civil Right. I'm really stunned after seeing his interview. Because that's what I'm left with.

I watched the interview. What I took away from it is that Costas is scared of the gangsta/gun culture that permeates the NFL. Clearly that was code for his belief that blacks shouldn't own guns because it frightens him. I'm pretty sure that makes him a racist by NBC standards.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I watched the interview. What I took away from it is that Costas is scared of the gangsta/gun culture that permeates the NFL. Clearly that was code for his belief that blacks shouldn't own guns because it frightens him. I'm pretty sure that makes him a racist by NBC standards.

Liberals can't be racists, silly... ;)

gvonpaul

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I don't like the idea of someone who thinks he knows what is best for me using his celebrity as a bully pulpit to disseminate false information. Never was a Costas fan, even less so now.

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    The main thing I took from his "apology" was that he over estimated the intelligence of the people he was talking to. In other words he made that old eletist mistake of thinking we were as smart as he is!!!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He found out that the average foot ball fan also likes guns. His problem is he is more cut out to announce for the ballet. He would be more in tune politically with their fans.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Doesn't bother me what he thinks. I would accept his mistake and/ or apology of judgment. He (as an adult) simply doesn't realize that with that mindset (along with thousands I'm sure), it's like they're in agreement the action of the person would have been acceptable if it wasn't for that firearm. That mindset is uhh............ a little off and eery IMO.
    Maybe he will have him a cold one and rethink his position in the future.
    Here's to ya Bob!:cheers:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Something I've noticed and haven't seen pointed out ...
    If Kasandra Perkins or her Mother ... (since she witness her daughter's death, IIRC) ...
    would have been properly trained and prepared

Perhaps ... not for certain ... but perhaps - think of how this should have gone.
    Girlfriend (or MOM) saves Self (or her daughter) from enraged NFL thug.
    ... or something like that.

and then it becomes about women protecting themselves. ...
    instead of some knucklehead killing unprepared defenseless sheep.
    still sad ... but ???

Top Bottom