• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Those spinning talking heads are scripted by bosses. They in turn have bosses. Who in turn answer too.......Class...????

Here's an alternative view: There are two bosses but the bosses are not individuals. One is social justice as a religion boss. The other is the "establishment" boss who sees the world changing into one that no longer needs centralized control.

The social justice boss is woke, which presents a need for a full out, by any means necessary, revolution. That boss is collective. The other is kind of collective too. The establishment just wants things to go back to how it was before the internet made them obsolete. Yeah, it's the big institutions. Big Finance, Education, Media/news. Industry. Etcetera. They're all becoming less centralized (although tech seems to be centralizing more and becoming a big power broker in itself). With the decentralization of bitcoin, it's clear there's a potential world that doesn't need Big Fincance. Teachers formerly needed an institution through which to teach. With the internet there's a potential world that doesn't need Big Education. With some of the technology out there, 3D printers and whatnot, there's a potential world that doesn't need industrial giants. Though tech is a fairly new entry into the establishment that's can't be decentralized in the same ways.

Point is, I don't think there is a hierarchy of individuals who are the bosses, where the top of the pyramid is one boss directing which strings get pulled. I think it's more like an establishment of powerful individuals who want to keep their seats. And it looks to me like the woke ideologues are useful idiots unwittingly helping them. The strings which are getting pulled are the ideological conclusion of all the inputs. For example, the ideological conclusion of "wokeness" is "**** the police". If establishment thinks this is helpful to re-affirming centralization, they go along with it. There wasn't necessarily an order from the top to push the "**** the police" campaign. It's a natural conclusion of the ideology. One person from the angry mob says it, then everyone just knows to push it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't remember the last time I gave jamil rep, but apparently I need to spread it around.

This is more about big media trying to stay relevant then anything else. They like being gate keepers and setting the narrative but their industry is collapsing from underneath them. Ironically this collapse has been accelerated by social media, which is why they are now aligning with big tech to suppress the reach of small content creators and prop up content from corporate media, despite the big media content not being original content.

One would think original content you can't get on TV would draw more eyeballs to YouTube then a copy paste of a video from the national news, but the corporate media is paying millions to YouTube to supplement lost ad revenue. Add in the fact that corporate advertisers don't want to advertise on channels they don't see as "safe."

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    There have been instances of pretty clear coordination a couple times -- the infamous "Gamers are dead" articles most obviously. This post nails it though. Twitter crowd sources the the consensus among the Wokened and then everything else flows from that. Decentralized dogma.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jamil again."

Here's an alternative view: There are two bosses but the bosses are not individuals. One is social justice as a religion boss. The other is the "establishment" boss who sees the world changing into one that no longer needs centralized control.

The social justice boss is woke, which presents a need for a full out, by any means necessary, revolution. That boss is collective. The other is kind of collective too. The establishment just wants things to go back to how it was before the internet made them obsolete. Yeah, it's the big institutions. Big Finance, Education, Media/news. Industry. Etcetera. They're all becoming less centralized (although tech seems to be centralizing more and becoming a big power broker in itself). With the decentralization of bitcoin, it's clear there's a potential world that doesn't need Big Fincance. Teachers formerly needed an institution through which to teach. With the internet there's a potential world that doesn't need Big Education. With some of the technology out there, 3D printers and whatnot, there's a potential world that doesn't need industrial giants. Though tech is a fairly new entry into the establishment that's can't be decentralized in the same ways.

Point is, I don't think there is a hierarchy of individuals who are the bosses, where the top of the pyramid is one boss directing which strings get pulled. I think it's more like an establishment of powerful individuals who want to keep their seats. And it looks to me like the woke ideologues are useful idiots unwittingly helping them. The strings which are getting pulled are the ideological conclusion of all the inputs. For example, the ideological conclusion of "wokeness" is "**** the police". If establishment thinks this is helpful to re-affirming centralization, they go along with it. There wasn't necessarily an order from the top to push the "**** the police" campaign. It's a natural conclusion of the ideology. One person from the angry mob says it, then everyone just knows to push it.

Top Bottom