• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Think they got PC ahead of themselves on Kurt? Is this just he said, she said?

He has not been found guilty of anything as yet.
    A lot of knee jerk here.
    I know folks racing that know his girl friend and they say to the man she is bat:poop: crazy but that is Curt's fault for hanging with Bat:poop: crazy.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Alright NASCAR fans, I have a question for you.

Now that Joey Logano has GUARANTEED a spot in the playoffs, what possible reason could he and the team have for spending millions of dollars traveling the country and entering race after race, with absolutely no option of improving his "playoff" standings? The only argument I could make would be for testing purposes at specific locations, but only if they are included during the "playoff" portion of the season.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne

Now that Joey Logano has GUARANTEED a spot in the playoffs, what possible reason could he and the team have for spending millions of dollars traveling the country and entering race after race, with absolutely no option of improving his "playoff" standings? The only argument I could make would be for testing purposes at specific locations, but only if they are included during the "playoff" portion of the season.

Money

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN

The ROI his advertisers expect for sponorsing the #22.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Sponsors pay to have that car in front of the home town fans and the TV cameras every single minute possible.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just seems like a terrible format to me. I used to watch, but all the changes drove me away. Consistency doesn't crown a champion any longer (Kenseth being the last one that brought about the change). Now it's run as hard as possible, tear up whatever equipment you need to so long as you just win one race. From a cost analysis perspective, seems like they're spending multi-millions for no reason other than to fulfill contractual obligations. If I were an owner, this would drive me insane. Unload, qualify, and then park it for the weekend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just seems like a terrible format to me. I used to watch, but all the changes drove me away. Consistency doesn't crown a champion any longer (Kenseth being the last one that brought about the change). Now it's run as hard as possible, tear up whatever equipment you need to so long as you just win one race. From a cost analysis perspective, seems like they're spending multi-millions for no reason other than to fulfill contractual obligations. If I were an owner, this would drive me insane. Unload, qualify, and then park it for the weekend.

Yes.....the format and most of the "New" way sucks butt.
    I did not watch the entier race. When Tony went out I did too. Checked occasionally but Meh....They have ruined it.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    My usual is watch 15 minutes of pre-race coverage from the 30-60 minutes I have DVR'd, and then watch the first 20 laps or so. Then fast forward until something exciting happens during the race (perhaps pit stops, some exciting passing, bumping/banging) and then watch the last 20 laps or so. Watch post-race interviews.

There's no way I would spend an entire day watching that race, or any race for that matter. Too many other things to do which take up my time.

Top Bottom