• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    I like the concept of stage racing. I greatly appreciate no more ghost items on the track causing yellows. I would prefer to see a yellow on the first stage so they can check tire wear. Otherwise, let 'em race to the end.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    So I've seen it mention of "ghost items" on the track.

I used to go to the Michigan races, and let me tell ya, that race can get boring. One year, it was a single file no-passing snooze fest. Until finally a caution came out. Cue "Mr. Excitement"! So allegedly, Jimmy Spencer threw something out of his car in order to get a caution. Mark Martin still won the race.

Here's an article which alludes to the stunt: Reputation dogs Spencer - The Blade

Damn, that was 20 years ago!
    I haven't watched much Nascar in the past few years, but if it is on local TV, I usually get caught up in it and wind up glued to the screen. It may not be the old Winston Cup days, but it is way better than watching golf!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So I've seen it mention of "ghost items" on the track.

I used to go to the Michigan races, and let me tell ya, that race can get boring. One year, it was a single file no-passing snooze fest. Until finally a caution came out. Cue "Mr. Excitement"! So allegedly, Jimmy Spencer threw something out of his car in order to get a caution. Mark Martin still won the race.

Here's an article which alludes to the stunt: Reputation dogs Spencer - The Blade

Damn, that was 20 years ago!
    I haven't watched much Nascar in the past few years, but if it is on local TV, I usually get caught up in it and wind up glued to the screen. It may not be the old Winston Cup days, but it is way better than watching golf!

Really....

[video=youtube;A8abi8NsEfw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8abi8NsEfw[/video]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Watching the race now... showing NASCAR, but the ticker is Indy Car, and the little window that they have during commercials says IndyCar Non-Stop... and there are cup cars running, not Indy cars... I haz a confuse.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Watching the race now... showing NASCAR, but the ticker is Indy Car, and the little window that they have during commercials says IndyCar Non-Stop... and there are cup cars running, not Indy cars... I haz a confuse.

Sounds like Brian France is passing those drugs out to everyone working for him.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    His father and Dale E. are spinning in the grave over what this idiot has done to the sport. He is........an idiot.

The fact he’s looking to sell it says everything to me. I would never sell a business my family started, even tho it is probably best for the sport he does. NASCAR is being ran like our country. A bunch of people in suits and ties deciding what’s best for the people actually doing the job.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    When the Speedway took that race the local fans were treated to the absolute worst venue for that series as spectators.
    Yes! I would rather keep Indy car for the speedway, and make all nascar sanctioned races at IRP (yes, irp :):) Or add it to the nascar schedule and take off one of the 4 super speedway races.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Loved the end of that race. Johnson takes himself out of the chase. Couldn't be happier with that!

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    After about 2 month break from Nascar, I started to watch again today. Wow, that was different! Neat change to that track. Brought back seat buyers for this one at least. Yes, that was very cool to see Blaney give that little fan the checkered flag! (Was the little boy wearing a kylebusch hat?)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Blaney.kid.9.29.18.png

Top Bottom