Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Oh, I totally agree.

I had a "business associate" a few years back I spoke with about once a month who actually worked for Hendricks. He had a pretty good Danica story involving her, a bar and a couple other girls equally as hot.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When Danika came to cup car, I really had good hope that she would be a front runner but that was short lived. Wasn't surprising that she lost sponsorship and is retiring from driving. But as others said...Kenseth??? Yeah well I'm not at all surprised. At the request of the OP I don't want to bash NASCAR or individual team owners. But, reality is an obstacle they have created for older fans is the revolving door of talent. The sport had so much popularity for so long that the pool of potential drivers is deeper than ever. Sponsors depending on the product are often more willing to roll the dice with a young new driver that is marketed as the next ____(fill in the blank), than to attatch themselves to a driver who has been around and maybe losing some appeal or popularity. Dale Jr probably wouldn't have lasted so long if he wasn't related to NASCAR royalty. Driver marketability is tje big name of the game. Just because a guy makes it up the chain doesn't mean they are one of the best drivers. Many don't relaize most drivers have to bring $$ and sponsors with them to even get a chance. When drivers careers are getting shorter all the time, fan loyalty is lost. But, I still watch and have been a fan as far back as I can remember.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Dating Danica could be a little hard.(insert pun) She seems a little high maintenance type of girl.

Brand loyalty goes on for a long long time. Wife says pick up laundry soap I get TIDE. How long has it been since TIDE sponsored a nascar. I still buy parts at NaPA stores cause I seem to get the correct parts on the first stop. I use to smoke Winston cig’s. I see target store sign and think of Indycar.

What nascar/Indy really needs is a return to its roots. Dick trickle smoking a cig during a yellow flag. Blue thunder racing running unsponsored top notch cars with Mary Jane money. A country kid who can drive anything fast. Some tattoo marked up bad boy who can and would love to be the driver other drivers hate. (And fans love) Condom sponsored race cars. Moonshine sponsored race cars. Mary Jane sponsored race cars in the states it is legal. A return of the snake pit at the 500 not a stupid “snake pit ball” dance. Run what you brought at the Indy 500. Gladiator racing like it was back in the day. Pit fights.

But we had to make it friendly for the kids. Heck the kids only wanted to go because it was what a man did. Kids don’t always want to do kid things.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Dating Danica could be a little hard.(insert pun) She seems a little high maintenance type of girl.

Brand loyalty goes on for a long long time. Wife says pick up laundry soap I get TIDE. How long has it been since TIDE sponsored a nascar. I still buy parts at NaPA stores cause I seem to get the correct parts on the first stop. I use to smoke Winston cig’s. I see target store sign and think of Indycar.

What nascar/Indy really needs is a return to its roots. Dick trickle smoking a cig during a yellow flag. Blue thunder racing running unsponsored top notch cars with Mary Jane money. A country kid who can drive anything fast. Some tattoo marked up bad boy who can and would love to be the driver other drivers hate. (And fans love) Condom sponsored race cars. Moonshine sponsored race cars. Mary Jane sponsored race cars in the states it is legal. A return of the snake pit at the 500 not a stupid “snake pit ball” dance. Run what you brought at the Indy 500. Gladiator racing like it was back in the day. Pit fights.

But we had to make it friendly for the kids. Heck the kids only wanted to go because it was what a man did. Kids don’t always want to do kid things.

I kinda like where you are coming from. I think some of it might be going a bit far but I think you are on the right track.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You boys wont have Danica to kick around anymore...

...unless of course, she takes a job in the booth. I could do with her putting Kyle Petty in the fence and out to pasture. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Really? I actually like Kyle in the booth.

Now DW. . . I can not stand that SOB. . . or his dumb **** brother.

Yeah but remember the name of BW's thread.
    Just like his driving career. He was very good.Then he became average as everyone does with age. Then he just wanted to put on a helmet and be out there. Heck I cant blame him who would want ( beside J Gordon) to give up that.
    Then he was just painful to watch.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I kinda like where you are coming from. I think some of it might be going a bit far but I think you are on the right track.

That has always been an issue with me. Going to the extreme with stuff.

The world is so PC right now. A race track is not a kid friendly environment. Not in the small local tracks so why try to make it kid friendly in the big circuits. Non PC racing. After all burning tons of fuel and

The monster energy girls take a step in the correct direction. Now if drivers could get away from being so clean cut. Seek out a bad boy sponsored car. Bad Brad, Kyle Busch, have a bit of the bad boy image but the sponsor always keeps them in check. Maybe we need a driver with a sex tape leak. Bad publicity is publicity. Add a bad boy sponsor or two. Make sure the car is black. Start with a driver then maybe a team. Let the clean cut drivers wear the white hats. Good verses bad just like the WWF. When a late caution for debris comes out for a white hat the black hat fans can always say they want the good guys to win. Same with the reverse.

Now indycar needs so much more. Open wheel has always been my favorite racing. Izod shirts and wrist watches are not good sponsor for the series. We have sell phones who buys watches today. We need euro drivers and we need American drivers. We need female drives F1 drivers and nascar drivers. We need to open up the cars to the way things were before it was a spec series race. Let lotus Honda Toyota chevy Ford Mercedes bring the very best 3 liter engines in the world. Have one that can run at speed and do the race in 3 stops for fuel. Fine. Have a car that can rock the lap speed but needs 20 fuel fills fine. If we don’t do something soon other than the “greatest spectacle in racing” the series is done. I do like the idea of two races in a weekend in some cities like they did this year. Let Hoosier tires, Goodyear tires compete with firestone. Bring back interest that different chassis tire and engine combo’s made the public wonder about practice days and qualifying days. There was a time I had a pager that spit out ever cars lap times all month of may ling.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yeah but remember the name of BW's thread.
    Just like his driving career. He was very good.Then he became average as everyone does with age. Then he just wanted to put on a helmet and be out there. Heck I cant blame him who would want ( beside J Gordon) to give up that.
    Then he was just painful to watch.

I always liked DW back in the day he was good at telling it like it was, he didn't take crap from anyone and he was a good driver. But you make a good point as drivers age they pretty much all get more cautious and become more average than good. I think he was his own downfall to a degree. His performance really dropped shortly after he started being a driver/owner and he never recovered from it (as a driver) I think ol' DW hung on a little too long...BUT, it was AWESOME that day he won the pole here in Indy and I was maybe 10' from him when he climbed out with that big ol grin doing the ikky shuffle. Made my day to see an old timer get a little spark back.
    Want to talk painful to watch..Dave Marcus
    Kyle Petty wouldn't have been around half as long except for the fact he's the son of NASCAR royalty. He is almost like listening to Chris Collinsworth do the play by play of an NFL game.

Top Bottom