• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You already know ahead of time, that you are going to crash before the end of the race. :rolleyes:

Do you have a huge bet against yourself not finishing?....... isn't that illegal?

Well, I'll put the race on when I go to bed and let it watch me. And at my age there's a good chance I'll have to get up and go pee before it ends, so I might get to catch the finish! :): I have to watch at least a little though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Now I finally understand from CP's link what this was really about. I was thinking, "I don't ever remember seeing a gun company advertising during any race I've ever watched." But it appears to be related to their printed publications (which I've never seen).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Who do I email to tell NASCAR that they lost me as a follower and supporter of their advertisers?

Contacts for;

NASCAR

Smoke

Truex

Jr

Others of influence

???

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You just wait until you see their new ANTIFA Car.

TjiwEC6.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Serious question... I have only been to 2 NASCAR races (both at the Brickyard). I do not receive any NASCAR publications (which seems to be where this flap is taking place), nor am I affected by any commercials I see while I watch a race (that's when it's time to go pee, or channel surf, get refills, etc). I only go to nascar.com to see what time the races are on. I don't click on any advertising links. I don't really have a single favorite driver, so I'm not buying any merchandise. I'm not a Nielsen household, so I don't get counted in the ratings. So how, exactly, am I going to hurt NASCAR if I stop watching? :dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Serious question... I have only been to 2 NASCAR races (both at the Brickyard). I do not receive any NASCAR publications (which seems to be where this flap is taking place), nor am I affected by any commercials I see while I watch a race (that's when it's time to go pee, or channel surf, get refills, etc). I only go to nascar.com to see what time the races are on. I don't click on any advertising links. I don't really have a single favorite driver, so I'm not buying any merchandise. I'm not a Nielsen household, so I don't get counted in the ratings. So how, exactly, am I going to hurt NASCAR if I stop watching? :dunno:

NASCAR's advertisers do a lot of market research to find if their on car and TV commercial advertising is effective. Less people watching means that their advertising money should go elsewhere.

On a side note; we should inform them that we gun owners are refusing to support them (whether we watch or not.)

Another thing to pursue is pressuring the NRA to remove advertising and affiliations with NASCAR.

We should also NOT support NASCAR in social media of any sort. If anything, that would be the place to proclaim that you are not supporting NASCAR or their advertisers.

Last edited:

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Welcome to NASCAR 2019!

Looking forward to a great racing season with much excitement.

Again this year, I'll beg of you all to please, please, please keep this thread for NASCAR enthusiasts. PLEASE.

In case you cannot help yourself but must complain about NASCAR, please go to this other thread that I have conveniently created for you to vent your frustrations about the sport: Complaints about NASCAR

Thank you and...

...Boogity, Boogity, Boogity!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

According to this your supposed to be whining about nascar in a certain other thread. Please please please keep your complaints there! LOL

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    According to this your supposed to be whining about nascar in a certain other thread. Please please please keep your complaints there! LOL

Heh.

Things changed when NASCAR went anti-gun. On a gun owner's forum, that's a way different deal than any other complaint about the sport not going in the direction you'd like, my friend.

;)

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I wonder if when they race at Texas next year if the winner will get a pair of 6 shooters or a pair of rainbow colored pom poms

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So these will be next, right?

CNBLS9U.jpg

DX9SF01.jpg

And isn't there an NRA Sponsored race every year? :dunno:
    But they will never get rid of any beer or automotive sponsors because that would be....... well, just un-American.

BTW- I'm being serious because I don't know how it all works with racing anymore. I haven't seen an actual race since...... well, they had just starting to play with the restrictor plates. Something about they realized the plates actually made it more dangerous because of the lack in power when they needed it? And they were tinkering with opening up the plate a little. I don't remember.

Early 80s??

I do remember cigarette sponsors on the Stock Cars. I see they've purged most of them. But chewing some dip is super safe so it's OK.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    NRA sponsored race was last weekend at Bristol.

Edit. I also don’t see them going after car sponsors, because that’s between the sponsor of the car and the car owner, and they’re already trying hard enough to get sponsors. Lowe’s just dropped Jimmie Johnson after winning 7 championships. Let the viewer ratings dropping hurt them more and hopefully someone with some brains will take it over.

Last edited:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    No more NASCAR for me...

Guy's talking about it on his radio show right now.

Get woke, go broke: NASCAR edition. Now that they've shown they are bending their knee to political correctness, this won't be the last such change. They'll do to NASCAR what they've been doing to the NFL.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Get woke, go broke: NASCAR edition. Now that they've shown they are bending their knee to political correctness, this won't be the last such change. They'll do to NASCAR what they've been doing to the NFL.

Darlington (Southern 500) sold out, but on rain delay. Even God is pissed at NASCAR.

Top Bottom