• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    https://pitrowreview.com/2020/07/22...orts-part-ways/amp/?__twitter_impression=trueAnd another Xfinity team is closing down. Andy Seuss announces he is leaving the motor sport.

“Somewhere between then and now, things began to change. The morals and standards for our amazing little team got skewed. I struggled with witnessing it, until I simply could not be a part of it any more. I hate that it came to this, I hate the timing, I hate walking away from 5 years of hard work and dedication, but it is not something I can put my name on any more.”

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Never watch SNL but I did run across this. If you don't like the skit you can go to 4:40 for a preview of Nascar's future sponsors.
    [video=youtube;O7VaXlMvAvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7VaXlMvAvk&t=41s[/video]

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    RPM now offering Bubba part ownership of the team to stay. . . Are you ****ing kidding me. What the **** is the King doing. I am sure the King wants his new found sponsorship money but for ****s sake, he can not ****ing drive.

To be honest, I have not missed NASCAR one bit. Still going through LIVE PD withdraws though.

https://www.jayski.com/2020/08/02/bubba-wallace-to-chip-ganassi-racing/

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    RPM now offering Bubba part ownership of the team to stay. . . Are you ****ing kidding me. What the **** is the King doing. I am sure the King wants his new found sponsorship money but for ****s sake, he can not ****ing drive.

To be honest, I have not missed NASCAR one bit. Still going through LIVE PD withdraws though.

I saw this yesterday in an article. Supposedly, Hendrick and Ganassi was in contact with Bubba, considering him for 2021. What a complete joke this whole thing has turned into. He has a couple top 10’s, 0 wins and been in cup for 3 years. Almirola drove the 43 and had a win and a dozen or so top 10’s. This is why I won’t watch NASCAR anymore. It’s no longer about skill and talent.

Also, Richard petty doesn’t own Richard petty motorsports. It’s Andrew something, which I saw a article showing his background, and he had ties to the Clinton campaign. I haven’t actually done my own research on it, but it would definitely make sense given all the bs this year with that team.

And rpm is dying anyway. Making him an owner is only going to speed up the process. His head is already so big, making him an owner/driver is going to result in a lot of tore up race cars for a team that barely has the budget to stay afloat now.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Is Bubba being called out? How will the NASCAR dictators respond to this?
    Keselowski: Bar to reach Cup Series has "lowered significantly"

[FONT=&quot]Keselowski said it stems from the feeling that, “Hey, I’m a professional race car driver that’s worked my entire career to get here. Had to jump through a lot of hoops to make it and would like to think that those efforts have created a spot for me in this series to be joined with peers of similar talent levels.”[/FONT]
    https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...-widget&ic_medium=widget&ic_campaign=widget-3

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The King is a has been. A piece of the colorful past where you could stretch the rules with no recourse. He is grasping at straws to keep in the game. This just shows what a crap sack he actually is.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

[FONT=&amp]Keselowski said it stems from the feeling that, “Hey, I’m a professional race car driver that’s worked my entire career to get here. Had to jump through a lot of hoops to make it and would like to think that those efforts have created a spot for me in this series to be joined with peers of similar talent levels.”[/FONT]
    https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...-widget&ic_medium=widget&ic_campaign=widget-3

I would love to hear what these drivers say about bubba behind closed doors. They all know he’s there because of the drive for diversity program. The same reason Danica was there. He never won in Xfinity series, hasn’t won a cup race, and most people didn’t even know who he was until all this recent publicity. Drivers that actually started in karts and moved through the ranks, having to actually perform week after week, can’t have a bit of respect for this. Some drivers that are actually winners in the series have trouble keeping a ride. Look at Clint bowyer. One of my favorites, won in almost every car he’s drove, and rumor is he won’t have a ride next year. It’s not even racing anymore. It’s the WWF with cars.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The King is a has been. A piece of the colorful past where you could stretch the rules with no recourse. He is grasping at straws to keep in the game. This just shows what a crap sack he actually is.
    Ya I never understood the love for the king. I mean, I get he won 7 championships, but he did so in a time where the rules were fairly open. Hell, he was running a hemi before anyone, that’s a hell of an advantage back then.

The one story that gives me any respect for him is when he broke his neck and decided to race anyway. Thatd never happen today.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

[FONT=&amp]Keselowski said it stems from the feeling that, “Hey, I’m a professional race car driver that’s worked my entire career to get here. Had to jump through a lot of hoops to make it and would like to think that those efforts have created a spot for me in this series to be joined with peers of similar talent levels.”[/FONT]

Interesting read. Brad is defiantly calling out some of those field fillers, Bubba included.

On a side not Brad re-signed with PRS this morning.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Never was a "fan" but he did drive the badest car NASCAR has ever seen. His 1970 Hemi Superbird. I does not get any better.
    Wasn’t that car banned the following season, or am I thinking of a different one? I remember they banned the hemi for a while because of how dominant it was in comparison to what others had.

One of my favorite stories I’ve heard Richard tell was the time his family all rode in his dads car down to Daytona. It was the same car he raced with, and he wrecked it in the race, they had to hitch a ride home. How awesome would it be to have those days of racing back?

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Wasn’t that car banned the following season, or am I thinking of a different one? I remember they banned the hemi for a while because of how dominant it was in comparison to what others had.

Yes, the Superbirds and Daytonas were not allowed to run with Hemis after that season. If they were to run they had to run a 305 cu engine or smaller so Chrysler just pulled them.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    LFR is shutting down at the end of 2020. Yet another team that’s closing it’s doors at the end of the year. At this rate it’s only going to be the main teams racing.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I remember not all too long ago you had to qualify to get into the race, some cars actually went home.

Now they do not have enough cars to fill the spots open and it looks like there will be even less cars on the track next season.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I remember not all too long ago you had to qualify to get into the race, some cars actually went home.

Now they do not have enough cars to fill the spots open and it looks like there will be even less cars on the track next season.

I was just talking to my wife about this a couple days ago. Used to have 43 cars in the field, and usually 5-10 didn’t qualify depending on what race it was. Now the fields been cut to 40 and still losing teams. Gonna end up with 25 car fields before long, with only about 10 being competitive.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was just talking to my wife about this a couple days ago. Used to have 43 cars in the field, and usually 5-10 didn’t qualify depending on what race it was. Now the fields been cut to 40 and still losing teams. Gonna end up with 25 car fields before long, with only about 10 being competitive.

The new cars are so GD expensive to buy and the engines are usually leases from one of the bigger teams just to be mid-pack runners that without a cereal company on the car you cant pay for the tires let alone run the damned thing. Look at those NASA shuttle level facility's they operate out of. Insane.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The new cars are so GD expensive to buy and the engines are usually leases from one of the bigger teams just to be mid-pack runners that without a cereal company on the car you cant pay for the tires let alone run the damned thing. Look at those NASA shuttle level facility's they operate out of. Insane.
    Bingo! It’s a never ending cycle, the small teams can’t get the big sponsors because they don’t perform well enough, but they’ll never be able to perform without the big sponsorship money. I’m betting in the next couple years a lot more smaller teams leave, and they’ll extend the team car rule to 5 cars instead of 4 in order to fill the field. The big money killed the sport, and now that NASCAR killed its ratings the big money won’t be there much longer.

Most of the big sponsors have already left. Budweiser, Miller lite, Kellogg’s, penzoil, Lowe’s, national guard, Home Depot... I could go on for an entire paragraph. Most companies are going to open their eyes and see they aren’t benefiting from the money spent. Unless they simply use it for a tax write off, I couldn’t see investing in a race team... especially now days. In the 70s 80s and 90s I could understand... but now with the internet and everything at our fingertips, it’s too easy to get cheaper advertising that are seen by more eyes.

It’s a shame to see, but they did it to themselves.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Also, just to add to the new cars being so expensive... if it isn’t bad enough how expensive the cars are, they’re only good for a couple years. Look how many new cars they’ve came out with over the last 10 years. We’ve had the COT, the gen 4 gen 5 and gen 6, and now they’re wanting to change them again. I don’t know if the changes will be next season or 2022, but every 2 to 3 years teams have to replace all their cars because of the new rules. The only teams it hurts are the small teams with limited funds. But, I’m seeing more and more from bigger teams talking about hurting also. For example, and it’s just a rumor as of now, but it’s been rumored Hendrick might go to a 3 car team in the coming years. With Lowe’s pulling out and jimmie retiring even they are struggling for sponsorship. Look at RCR... they were the top team in NASCAR and now they only field 2 cars.

Rodney Childers (Kevin Harvicks crew chief) released a statement about selling his RV. He’s downsizing due to “pay cuts”. A pay cut for anyone on Harvicks team is asinine! They’ve been dominating, so they should be swimming in money... but the entire series is hurting, this year has just sped up the inevitable.

Top Bottom