• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benchrest500

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Boonville
    Yeah it's a good little show and it's been suffering that problem so I'm trying to change the fact nobody seems to know when it is.

Also anyone interested in table space can contact them through their website

I just don't want to see this show fade away.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It's been years since I went to that show. I remember it being very cool in the early 1990's with a lot of used stuff and few "new gun only" type dealers.

DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    The last two shows have suffered. I always go to this one and hope it comes back around. Part of the problem is the Evansville armory show being deliberately scheduled against it.

benchrest500

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Boonville
    I'm actually working with them to help boost the show and hope to eventually get things turned around.

Tom's 2012 schedule will only hit the Boonville show in Feb but I haven't gotten Danny' schedule yet so I'm not sure if the Van. 4-H will clash with Boonville but I was told earlier they were not supposed to clash with any shows in 2012.

It's not an easy task to have 3 shows in the Evansville area without them overlapping or being consecutive weekends.

All things said and done Boonville is the longest running gun show in Indiana and the dates have always been the same except for them dropping one show that would have been around April or May*** but it may pop up again in the future.

Another problem is the Boonville 4-H is the largest facility in Warrick County to be a reliable host for the show and fact is it just isn't very big*** so how do you cross that obstacle??

Honestly the show I miss is the one that used to come to the Green Convention Center (Executive Inn) back in the 90's*** but not sure if it was the show or the fact I was 20 years younger,, Ha Ha!!!

So all I can say is***

HANG WITH BOONVILLE*** WE'RE WORKING ON IT :rockwoot:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    That show really needs a major supply of dealers with new guns. The last few years have seen only 1 or 2 tables with pistols and maybe 1 with long arms. The last time I went I stuck my head in the door, saw a lot of empty tables and turned around and left.

benchrest500

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Boonville
    I am mainly new handguns and have just gotten back into it with the last August show being the first Boonville show I've done since the mid 90's.

I just started www.wirthweinguns.com in April this year and got our present website up in mid June and we're planning on sticking with it maybe even getting a store front in 2012. Right now just dealing from home and shows. Since I live just South of Boonville this show is something I'd like to see stick around as well. We do the Armory and the Vanderburgh 4-H also and for us the Van 4-H is the best performing show and I think with some help Boonville can get back up on it's feet.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Man that last show in Aug, I could of kicked ourselves in the a**. Went by a table a guy had 2 DPMS's NIB for $575 ea. I talked, he said he'd negotiate, told him I'd be right back. Went to see how much $$ dad had on him I could borrow ($500 short), got the cash, went back...wasn't gone 2 min, and both were gone.

But I'll be there.

benchrest500

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Boonville
    Summer is slow for manufacturers so they generally run some hefty sales over summer to boost sales. Some dealers flip them and some just take the opportunity to stock up.

benchrest500

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Boonville
    Anyone attending the show PLEASE stop by my booth Wirthwein Guns I would like to hear your comments on the show AND where you are from.

I know some people drive a pretty fair amount to go to shows. I want to know where you are from it lets us know how to advertise for the show.

Also if you want to be on an email list PLEASE contact us from www.boonvillegunshow.comhttp://www.boonvillegunshow.com and I'll set up an email list.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I think there is also a gun show in Bicknell, due north of Boonville. So really how many vendors will be at each show? Or just hit both of them.

benchrest500

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Boonville
    Bicknell and Boonville*** never really thought about anyone trying both, I think there is more than an hour distance between them. Is Bicknell a big show or about like Boonville?

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    Anyone attending the show PLEASE stop by my booth Wirthwein Guns I would like to hear your comments on the show AND where you are from.

I know some people drive a pretty fair amount to go to shows. I want to know where you are from it lets us know how to advertise for the show.

Also if you want to be on an email list PLEASE contact us from indexhttp://www.boonvillegunshow.com and I'll set up an email list.

Is this John? Jr or Sr?

benchrest500

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Boonville
    Neither, get that a lot though. John is I think my Dad's 2nd cousin.

I shoot at the Izaack Walton too but you'll generally find me back at the pistol range.

dfcrane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Feb 25, 2011
    South West Indiana
    I went Saturday and picked up a new Ruger Charger for my son from Wirthwein Guns and bought a like new Springfield Armory 1911 from an individual for a great price. Boonville also has best food of any of the area gun shows.

Top Bottom