• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Easy for Que to say...he doesn't have to live with the woman of the man who bought a $2800 DPMS...Good vid though

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    The time to buy will be August until the elections in November.

Prices will reach their nadir in August and, depending on the election result, could spike in November or continue to decline.

I'm sorry to be so dense, but what is it that's supposed to happen in August?

I'm sorry to be so dense, but what election is supposed to happen in November?:dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I base this on the twin pillars of conjecture and speculation.

They have served me well in gun investments.:laugh:

(I'm pulling out of you know where, like every other economist or CFP).

Well crap! And here I thought you were in the know about some super secret something about to transpire. :D

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    What's funny too is the people who go out and buy $500 or more in magpul accessories or whatever and then try to get full price for those with the oerpaid price of the AR. Your used accessories even if like new are only worth half price in your rifle. Strip everything off your gun and sell it seperate. Then you will get more for everything. Or be stupid and lose your ass. I don't care. Just advice

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What's funny too is the people who go out and buy $500 or more in magpul accessories or whatever and then try to get full price for those with the oerpaid price of the AR. Your used accessories even if like new are only worth half price in your rifle. Strip everything off your gun and sell it seperate. Then you will get more for everything. Or be stupid and lose your ass. I don't care. Just advice

But....I put all this cool stuff on it....really.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm sorry to be so dense, but what election is supposed to happen in November?:dunno:

The United States House of Representatives?

1/3 of the United States Senate?

United States elections, 2014 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well crap! And here I thought you were in the know about some super secret something about to transpire.

No, I can just look at a calendar and see that August is 90 days before the election and historically the slowest month for gun sales.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    The time to buy will be August until the elections in November.

Prices will reach their nadir in August and, depending on the election result, could spike in November or continue to decline.

No, I can just look at a calendar and see that August is 90 days before the election and historically the slowest month for gun sales.

Does that calender tell you what the current year is?

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment

Does that calender tell you what the current year is?

My point exactly. There are no national elections this year, they are two Novembers distant. Kirk, I made the comment because I thought maybe you knew of something I had overlooked. I wasn't trying to be a smartass.;)

sdunsworth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Columbus
    I don't know how this will impact my feelings towards an AR vs an AK...

Is there an requirement to have one of the other that I was unaware of?:dunno:

Seriously though, I saw a lot of gouging over the past year that was frustrating. I'm happy that I'm starting to see some ammo appearing at almost normal prices. Now if I can get my hands on the few guns I've been looking for over the past year, I'll be happy. Well, or at least content for a moment ...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My point exactly. There are no national elections this year, they are two Novembers distant. Kirk, I made the comment because I thought maybe you knew of something I had overlooked. I wasn't trying to be a smartass.;)

No, it is my fault. As deal pointed out I should have included the year (August 13 to August 14 will be the time to strike).

Again, I rest on the twin pillars of speculation and conjecture with a firm foundation of pulling stuff out of you know where.:D

Top Bottom