• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Hi, Thanks for the replies and info. Wife and I took basic handgun course at Midwest Range and we got our IN carry permits. What would be other good courses to take? Is a 9mm a big enough caliber for protection? Alot of the people I talked to at the gun show were saying it does not have enough stopping power for home defense. What would be a good gun for the wife? She has in mind a revolver, but would that be too bulky if she wanted to carry that with her? Thanks :)

I carry a Glock 19 (9mm) every day and NEVER wonder if it's a big enough caliber because I practice enough with it to know that I can put 16 rounds on target in a matter of seconds. The caliber is nowhere near as important as what u do with it.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Let it fly. I have been in a couple of gun shops that have had such a bad M&P taste in there mouth they would not even carry one. Do your own research, a gun is much more fun and efficient if it has to be if you can afford to shoot it. 9mm.

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    First gun and INGO member all at the same time. Way to jump right in.

What made you decide to get into the shooting sports at this time?

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :rockwoot: Congrats on your first purchase! Excellent choice as well :yesway:

Love the .22lr great way to shoot a bunch and not break the bank. I too would suggest your next m&p to be a 9mm. As far as what you heard at the show, there have long been and always will be caliber wars as to what is best. I would have no problem carrying a 9mm. for personal protection and betting my life on it. Shot placement is much more critical than caliber. You need to be able to hit your target in a vital area and stop the threat ASAP. Get what you are comfortable with and practice with what you carry. The caliber wont make much of a difference if you do not hit the target.

I know you said you bought the gun at the Ft. Wayne show, not sure if you live in the area, but if you do and you ever want to meet up and try a few different options let me know. We can meet at a range and try a few different calibers and sizes if you want. There are quite a few of us in the Ft. Wayne area that have gotten fairly close on here that we could probably get a few of us together and bring plenty of toys for you to try out. Bring the wife too and let her have some fun as well!

Congrats again on the first purchase! :ingo:

Top Bottom