• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I'm not a fan of the reduced main spring. I'd rather file the sear to where the hammer just barely pulls back before engagement.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=96713.0

Here is a link that might help with changing your backstrap.

1. Thanks! I'm not going to attempt it, I'll wait until someone post pics of each step and shows each tool used.
    2. I liked the idea of paying to get the lanyard type to put in, but I don't understand how it can be so difficult that some recommend a gunsmith to do it.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The loop gives you something to grab and turn to align the pin holes. You can push it in and align the holes with a nail first because the end of the nail would be like an alignment tool. If the plug is slightly recessed into the grip, you can then put a dowel or small socket in a vice to push the plug in while you push the pin home.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I'm between one of these, waiting for the p10f, and a phantom. P07 was probably the best shooting compact i ever had. If you hate this one hit me up lol

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm between one of these, waiting for the p10f, and a phantom. P07 was probably the best shooting compact i ever had. If you hate this one hit me up lol

1. Hey, Ggreen: the man who started my CZ journey with his Omega!
    2. If the P-07 was the best shooting compact: I read where the P-09 was simply the same but bigger!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. Hey, Ggreen: the man who started my CZ journey with his Omega!
    2. If the P-07 was the best shooting compact: I read where the P-09 was simply the same but bigger!

I love the Erg's of the 09. It is deceptively large. I prefer the black but my current one is a military shade. Not really green but not tan either.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm not a fan of the reduced main spring. I'd rather file the sear to where the hammer just barely pulls back before engagement.

Filing the sear isn’t something I could recommend as a home job for most. It’s not one I would personally attempt. Just one of those things that’s too easy to go too far with.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The last P09 I had of course had the full Cajun magic as installed and finessed by the Wizard. I put a light/laser on it and could rest it on the table at the range and, not even looking through the sights, make on hole in the target. It was such a great shooter and, of course, put the laser on the target and it is as easy as pie. With the 19 round mags it is an excellent HD gun.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    As far as backstraps go... how long are your fingers? I have 5 vienna sausages attached to a can of star kist, so I always use the thinnest backstrap and it's especially important for me with a DA/SA pistol. The thin one on my P-07 still leaves plenty of area for my support hand to contact the grip while being small enough in diameter than my strong hand has a firm purchase. Of course, YMMV based on your hand...

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    /\Nice looking wife.

Enjoyed hearing Ozzy this morning. Sitting here at the railroad on my break watching Black Sabbath.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...but I don't understand how it can be so difficult that some recommend a gunsmith to do it.

Some people are incompetent. Don't let them scare you off of doing a simple thing.

The loop gives you something to grab and turn to align the pin holes. You can push it in and align the holes with a nail first because the end of the nail would be like an alignment tool. If the plug is slightly recessed into the grip, you can then put a dowel or small socket in a vice to push the plug in while you push the pin home.

Yep, just use anything to depress the plunger since you don't have the lanyard loop sticking out. It only has to be pressed a bit to take the pressure off the pin holding the backstrap so it can be pushed out.

You've probably seen this vid but it is just that simple. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JJ48HCt118

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Some people are incompetent. Don't let them scare you off of doing a simple thing.
    Yep, just use anything to depress the plunger since you don't have the lanyard loop sticking out. It only has to be pressed a bit to take the pressure off the pin holding the backstrap so it can be pushed out.
    You've probably seen this vid but it is just that simple. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JJ48HCt118

1. Yep, for the ones with a lanyard like all the others I saw!
    2. I'm getting ready to go to the range now and test it!

Top Bottom