• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A couple of my P07s and my P09s have the flat MS cap. It can be a bit more difficult due to how slippery the plastic is, but it’s not really too bad. Lining it up can be a PITA though. What I really ought to do is press the tip of a small screwdriver into it after heating the screwdriver up. That would both give me a reference mark to how to line it up as well as give a small detent to make it easier to swap mainsprings out.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am a bit late to the show but congrats on the P09!

1. Thanks! I enjoyed it at the range after work: thread posting them, of course. :laugh:
    2. I can't believe I'm selling the Rami, and bought a P-09: it makes me chuckle, but that just goes to show you I'm on a journey and I don't know where it is leading.
    3. I'm having more fun than should be legal, but the days are numbered with such indulgences with retirement looming.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I like the CZ P-09 OK, but it doesn't do any better than other 9mms that I have.
    I think it will be sold to reduce the number of 9mms that I have, but I wanted to try out a CZ polymer, but the all metal CZs really do it for me, with the Shadow 2 being the best, but with the price I paid for the P-09 ($400) I had to give it a try.
    I'll sell the HK P30 VE first (since I like every other 9mm I have better at the range), to give me more play time with the CZ P-09, but I might wait to list it until after the CZ Rami sells.
    I had high hopes for the HK, and liked so much about it, but I just don't shoot it well.

30' against the Bersa Thunder Pro XT.
    Forget about the HK: it just doesn't shoot well in my hands.
    7IaTb3K.jpg

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like the CZ P-10 OK, but it doesn't do any better than other 9mms that I have.
    I think it will be sold to reduce the number of 9mms that I have, but I wanted to try out a CZ polymer, but the all metal CZs really do it for me, with the Shadow 2 being the best, but with the price I paid for the P-09 ($400) I had to give it a try.
    I'll sell the HK P30 VE first (since I like every other 9mm I have better at the range), to give me more play time with the CZ P-09, but I might wait to list it until after the CZ Rami sells.
    I had high hopes for the HK, and liked so much about it, but I just don't shoot it well.

30' against the Bersa Thunder Pro XT.
    Forget about the HK: it just doesn't shoot well in my hands.

P-09, right? Not P-10? Or did you also get a P-10?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Here I was holding hope that you were going to part with a P-10 :ingo:

1. :lmfao: That's funny! Too bad that's not what I had for the good price that I got the P-09 for that I'm going to pass along.
    2. I have had guys that know my fickle habits with buying a gun and say when I'm ready to part with it, they will buy it.
    3. I have sold a gun just after a day b/c I knew it wasn't right for me, and other times I have kept one for months b/c nothing beats it until ...............
    4. Buying a gun, just for fun and not knowing what to expect and then really loving it is always a special surprise: the late Ruger 1911 Lightweight Officer 9mm being one. I wanted a 9mm 1911 every since I had the Ruger 1911 .45 (which cost me the same, $600), and I love everything about it, and can't let go of it (yet). :dunno:

Top Bottom