• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Got the call from Acme in Seymour this afternoon while turkey hunting letting me know it made it in.I called them August 19th the day after Ruger announced it and placed a reserve order with them.Always been a big Ruger fan,so I had to have one.
    Wow this is a sweet 1911.Feels perfect in the hands.Love the low glare stainless finish,and the fact they kept advertisement to a minimum.
    Got her home,broke it down.Fit and finish are very good.Didn't notice any burrs,marks,etc anywhere on the weapon.Was not caked down with grease and oil from the factory,so a strip and lube was quickly finished.
    Manual says to make sure to dry fire with a magazine in the weapon.
    Slight slack in the trigger then she breaks cleanly.I really like the feel of the trigger on it.Has a over travel adjustment that is accomplished using a small allen wrench,but mine needed no adjustment. I don't have a trigger pull measuring device,but I'm guessing 4ish pounds.
    Both the 7 and 8 round mags loaded smoothly and compare to any other good quality market mag.
    Sights are great for my eyes.I know every one has a favorite type,style but right off the bat the 3 dot novaks sat up high and lined up for easy target acquisition.Took a few rounds to get steady with em,but no complaints from me.Rear sight is adjustable for windage only.

Put 100 rounds down range tonight.Ammo used was Speer Lawman 230gr TMJ.Did not have a single failure of any kind.Used both the 7 and 8 round magazines during this.Casings eject about 2 feet to your right and roughly 3-4 feet behind ya.
    Recoil was very smooth and controllable making for fast follow ups shots.

I am completely sold on this 1911.Feels great,looks great,shoots great,and no malfunctions yet.I know 100 rounds isn't much,and no hollow points were used so don't gig me for that.Didn't get a chance to shoot til 8pm tonight and time was very limited.Still a perfect start for it though.
    Side note,the lawman ammo was filthy! Never used it before and won't be using it again.I'll keep the brass and reload for it :D

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.I'll try and get more up tomorrow.Turkey season and lack of sleep is kicking my butt
    1911.jpg
    mms_picture1.jpg
    mms_picture2.jpg

Target is from 30 yards no bench,will put it on a rest this weekend
    mms_picture.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Got the call from Acme in Seymour this afternoon while turkey hunting letting me know it made it in.I called them August 19th the day after Ruger announced it and placed a reserve order with them.Always been a big Ruger fan,so I had to have one.
    Wow this is a sweet 1911.Feels perfect in the hands.Love the low glare stainless finish,and the fact they kept advertisement to a minimum.
    Got her home,broke it down.Fit and finish are very good.Didn't notice any burrs,marks,etc anywhere on the weapon.Was not caked down with grease and oil from the factory,so a strip and lube was quickly finished.
    Manual says to make sure to dry fire with a magazine in the weapon.
    Slight slack in the trigger then she breaks cleanly.I really like the feel of the trigger on it.Has a over travel adjustment that is accomplished using a small allen wrench,but mine needed no adjustment. I don't have a trigger pull measuring device,but I'm guessing 4ish pounds.
    Both the 7 and 8 round mags loaded smoothly and compare to any other good quality market mag.
    Sights are great for my eyes.I know every one has a favorite type,style but right off the bat the 3 dot novaks sat up high and lined up for easy target acquisition.Took a few rounds to get steady with em,but no complaints from me.Rear sight is adjustable for windage only.

Put 100 rounds down range tonight.Ammo used was Speer Lawman 230gr TMJ.Did not have a single failure of any kind.Used both the 7 and 8 round magazines during this.Casings eject about 2 feet to your right and roughly 3-4 feet behind ya.
    Recoil was very smooth and controllable making for fast follow ups shots.

I am completely sold on this 1911.Feels great,looks great,shoots great,and no malfunctions yet.I know 100 rounds isn't much,and no hollow points were used so don't gig me for that.Didn't get a chance to shoot til 8pm tonight and time was very limited.Still a perfect start for it though.
    Side note,the lawman ammo was filthy! Never used it before and won't be using it again.I'll keep the brass and reload for it :D

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.I'll try and get more up tomorrow.Turkey season and lack of sleep is kicking my butt
    1911.jpg
    mms_picture1.jpg
    mms_picture2.jpg

Target is from 30 yards no bench,will put it on a rest this weekend
    mms_picture.jpg

Looks good, Acme is good shop!

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I have been waiting for a post like this for seems like forever. I can't wait to go put an order in for mine. I have to wait a few weeks before I have the spare cash sadly.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008

$750 I know I know wait a month or 2 and get it cheaper,but I wanted to be the first kid on my block with one :D Got a free box of ammo with it to.Acme is a durn good shop and always take good care of me.They cover class 3 items as well.I'll tell ya from initial performance she is worth every penny,plus the ol lady thinks it's sexy :rockwoot:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Nice review :yesway:

4lb trigger? Not bad for straight out of the box. Got to love 1911 triggers :D

I see no safety disconnect and I notice the GI guide rod, Ruger kept this one simple but it looks like it came out great :rockwoot:

How to the guts look?

lnholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    West Lafayette/Wabash
    Price is not bad at all. From what I read they were going for 799 so you got it a little cheaper to boot. I love the way that gun looks, very clean. Funding will have to happen for this.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Anxiously awaiting mine as well. Called once and stopped in once this week to make sure my dealer still has my name on one and all my contact info too! Lol

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    could one of you take a pic's of the back of the frame and slide locked up with hammer back.....right left and from the rear.....want to see the fit...

thanks

Top Bottom