• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Great review! It really makes me want one.

But the problem is, your review was actually good enough to show me that it would give me the same problem just about every other 1911 has given me out of the box, which is why I don't own them anymore. Since I'm a lefty, 2 feet to the right and 3-4 feet back means brass is bouncing off my face.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    MORE PICTURES! :rockwoot:

So, Novak sights, GI guide rod, how's the mainspring housing? Is it metal? Plastic?

What's the enscription on the frame infront of the trigger guard?

And guts, I like to see guts :D

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    About 2 weeks ago, I went to the Ruger website and saw a picture of the new 1911! I have been wanting a new pistol, so I turned the computer toward my wife, showed her the picture...and said one word, "BIRTHDAY!"

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Great review.

I wish you were closer - we could to a tandem comparison / review. I just got my first 1911 (kimber). I love it, but I bet we could compare the two and prove the kimber is not worth 2x the cash.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    MORE PICTURES! :rockwoot:

So, Novak sights, GI guide rod, how's the mainspring housing? Is it metal? Plastic?

What's the enscription on the frame infront of the trigger guard?

And guts, I like to see guts :D

Steel mainspring housing :):

Says "Read instruction manual before using firearm" :rolleyes: It's not noticeable and engraved nicely

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Great review.

I wish you were closer - we could to a tandem comparison / review. I just got my first 1911 (kimber). I love it, but I bet we could compare the two and prove the kimber is not worth 2x the cash.
    If ya ever make it down this way let me know,and we can put some rounds down range at my house:ingo:

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Great review! It really makes me want one.

But the problem is, your review was actually good enough to show me that it would give me the same problem just about every other 1911 has given me out of the box, which is why I don't own them anymore. Since I'm a lefty, 2 feet to the right and 3-4 feet back means brass is bouncing off my face.

I feel your pain.I shoot pistols right handed and rifles left handed.Your face would be hurting after a few mags

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    ;) wow nice pistoley. got a shootin buddy who was askin abt. the new ruger 1911, now i have some info on her. tnx for the nice post ! oh ya, leave it to Ruger to make a nice affordable firearm.

Last edited:

PTinbound

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    DeMotte
    Anyone in NWI know who will be carrying these locally? Cabelas? I got an email from Midwest Gun Exchange saying they'd have it but they didn't mention the price.

Top Bottom