• mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Bought Kimber .357 mag. 6 rnd. D/A revolver & range pics

You can stack the trigger, and even though it is a D/A only, you can know when it's going to break.

I am far from a pro shooter so take whatever I suggest with a grain of salt but in days past, a fair amount of wheel guns have been shoot by me.

In DA, try a smooth and consistent pull instead of trying to stack and predict the break while staying on target.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I am far from a pro shooter so take whatever I suggest with a grain of salt but in days past, a fair amount of wheel guns have been shoot by me.

In DA, try a smooth and consistent pull instead of trying to stack and predict the break while staying on target.

This ^^^^
    None of the competition revolver shooters I have ever talked to or done work for "stage the trigger" it is a bad habit to get into.
    Used to be a thing years ago but people figured out it was too slow and inconsistent.
    I used to put in trigger stops with a rubber tip so they could pull trigger quick until it hit the rubber and then squeeze off the shot. Still way to slow.
    It's been 25 years since I have done one of those and if fact I won't do them anymore if someone asked.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

This ^^^^
    None of the competition revolver shooters I have ever talked to or done work for "stage the trigger" it is a bad habit to get into.
    Used to be a thing years ago but people figured out it was too slow and inconsistent.
    I used to put in trigger stops with a rubber tip so they could pull trigger quick until it hit the rubber and then squeeze off the shot. Still way to slow.
    It's been 25 years since I have done one of those and if fact I won't do them anymore if someone asked.

Thanks guys!
    I only mentioned it b/c Vanguard .45 who I bought it from mentioned how well it "stacked" and had me try it dry-firing.
    I "assumed" it was the way to shoot in D/A mode if the gun had a clean break.
    I will stop that bad habit before it gets ahold of me! :thumbsup:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Mancard is definitely on the line ..... we'll be watching you, doddg ! :D

I think it’s been on the line for the last two years I’ve been a member!
    :laugh:

Since this is a snub nose as small As any other snubbies I’ve had and yet it’s a six round,
    It does make me want to hold onto it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Looks to be a real nice shooting revolver. I was kind of shocked that kimber entered the revolver market. Glad they made a good product.

It is.
    I love the Kimber name, the stainless steel, and the 6 round capacity.
    Trigger being a 10# has nothing on my Ruger .357 that I had: it was very sweet for stock.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    20' using .38 special. 12 rds. in head & in torso.
    vqQ8414.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was in Kroger today waiting for a Pharmacy pick-up & killed some time by the magazines and picked a gun mag talking about the Kimber 6S hammerless D/A only.
    It is really fun owning a gun that is being praised in a current magazine.
    I am still really enjoying it since it is small enough to be a good ankle CC and even a pocket CC, but b/c of its weight, usually not.
    I think I will put my SW house revolver up for sale since I want to keep this Kimber & it can fill both roles.
    I'm at the point where if I buy another gun, I need to trim something, but at least I don't have to be in a hurry.

20190903-202719.jpg

20190903-202552.jpg

20190903-202651.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A pleasure to shoot the Kimber 6s, but not as much as the bigger Dan Wesson .357 magnum earlier in the week. :)
    I can really feel the difference with the .357 in the Kimber than in the Dan Wesson.

12 rounds each in the head & the torso, but I don't see where the 12 round is in the torso?
    JsXShrH.jpg

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I've been getting the itch for a compact wheel gun since fixing my Rhino's trigger. I've held the Kimber before when it first came out but it was about half again as much then. y'all are a bad influence!

I had a student back 30 yrs. ago who bought a Camaro with a straight 6 (or maybe a V6) in it.
    It looked so good, and is was so disappointing to find there wasn't even a small V8 in it.
    I still remember it all this time later. :dunno:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you need to go another decade back to get a straight 6 in a camaro.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    OK here we go again. You bought what I would consider a stellar offering in .357 and you ran 38 special in it. Turn in your man card.
    You guys kill me. If you want to run 38 buy a.........wait for it.......38.
    If you buy a hand cannon use it as such.
    Man cards are accepted for return at any man card drop box. :):

Churchmouse...you're killin' me! :) :) :)
    I LOVE my SP101 in .357...and stoke it with Hornady's 140 grain JHP FTX's...
    The heavier little revolver helps absorb recoil and it still kicks...but with depth!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Another range day with the revolvers. :draw:
    Shot some 158 grain wadcutter that a friend gave me.
    I didn't do well with both today. :ugh:
    I didn't use a rest, which is obvious. :dunno:
    If it was 30' I could live with it.
    I shot 250 rounds from a Uberti .22LR revolver before this range pic & can't remember whether I move it back to 30' or not.

J22DpAn.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Your DW group looks good to me. Keep up the good work sir.

Today I shot 15/18 shots to the right of the little circle (83%). :scratch:
    2 weeks ago I shot only 4/12 to the right of the circle (33%).
    I wonder if the ammo (158 grain wadcutters) made that much difference?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range day at 21' with the K6s against a EAA Windicator I picked up from a member here that knew me from a range I used to shoot at. :ingo:
    I wanted to have a 6 round revolver in 2 rooms of the house & I always liked the "old fashioned" approach & niche that the Windicator fills as a less expensive, no-frills but durable tool.
    It's more embarrassing to admit I have a .32 acp Beretta Tomcat that I really like. :laugh:
    I had fired some .357 158 grain though it that was quite a handful, before using these Wadcutters 158 grain.
    These .38 sp. wadcutters that a member gave me for selling a gun for him were much more tame. :cheers:

The Windicator wants to shoot low for me like all fixed sights seem to do.
    Bottom row was the K6s: I forgot to label it.
    I just noticed I labelled the Windicator an EEA instead of an EAA. :ugh:
    wWzDVw5.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range day. 21'
    Shot the EAA revolver with the Ruger P89 & Sig 365.
    I think the Windicator is mislabeled and all of that was on a rest, but I don't remember.
    Jxirtbm.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I ran some .357 magnum reloads through the Kimber 6s today.
    12 torso rounds were free hand.
    12 head rounds I used a rest.

I'm shooting low & left.
    You can tell I've been shooting alot of .22LR and very little with larger calibers.
    I need to look into getting a larger grip for better purchase.
    With the N8 Tactical Tuckable holsters I use, it won't be a problem with concealment.

Range 03.17.2021 21ft on rest & free hand.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ordered these today after yesterday's erratic & inconsistent performance at the range:
    - K6s Control Core Grips
    - SKU: 4100159
    - better recoil management and comfort.
    - grip envelops the backstrap area of the frame
    - low durometer rubber
    - constructed in a semi-waffle patter
    - helps reduce shock during recoil
    - increases contact area with the hand for better traction.
    - $29.99 + $6 shipping

There were some that were $60 that had some color to them but didn't cover the metal backstrap.
    I was going for utility.
    When I shoot it with the Hogues, hopefully I'll tighten up my group especially when not using a rest since this is a tool.

larger Hogue grip pic.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom