• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    The Mark 4 Lite comes with the rail. You can get the red dot lower by getting a direct mount and bypassing the rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Interesting. Thanks for being helpful. :thumbsup:
    I'll keep that in mind as I look over my pistols I have and see if a rail (or potential) will be a driving force for which I keep, since I must keep at least one for a red dot.
    W/O remembering too well, I don't think the SW Victory has a rail for a place to anchor a red dot, and if the Browning does not, the Mark 4 would have to be a "keeper."
    I'll check when I get home from work: got to get ready now!

Victory comes with a plastic rail.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Victory comes with a plastic rail.

Where is the rail to attach my Bushnell red dot?

p9xCOc0.jpg

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Where is the rail to attach my Bushnell red dot?

p9xCOc0.jpg

In the box. You remove the rear sight and use that screw and a front screw to attach the rail.
    Edit: Text from S&W site.
    [h=2]OVERVIEW[/h][FONT=&quot]The SW22 VICTORY® is constructed on a single-action, enclosed hammer-fired, blowback semi-automatic design. Chambered in .22 LR, the SW22 Victory comes highly featured with innovative design qualities that include a match-grade, interchangeable barrel for superb accuracy on the range or in the field along with a simple one-screw takedown design.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The pistol’s high-end features, modern styling and enriched functionality place the SW22 Victory in a category of its own with an affordable price to match.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Features
    • Removable Interchangeable Match Barrel
    • Steel Reinforced Polymer Thumb Safety
    • Picatinny-Style Rail Included
    • Fiber Optic Front Sight
    • Adjustable Fiber Optic Rear Sight
    • (2) Ten-Round Magazines Included
    • Adjustable Trigger Stop
    • Stainless Steel Frame
    • Textured Grip Panels with Finger Cuts for Easy Magazine Removal[/FONT]

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    In the box. You remove the rear sight and use that screw and a front screw to attach the rail.
    Edit: Text from S&W site.
    OVERVIEW

[FONT=&amp]The SW22 VICTORY® is constructed on a single-action, enclosed hammer-fired, blowback semi-automatic design. Chambered in .22 LR, the SW22 Victory comes highly featured with innovative design qualities that include a match-grade, interchangeable barrel for superb accuracy on the range or in the field along with a simple one-screw takedown design.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The pistol’s high-end features, modern styling and enriched functionality place the SW22 Victory in a category of its own with an affordable price to match.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Features
    • Removable Interchangeable Match Barrel
    • Steel Reinforced Polymer Thumb Safety
    • Picatinny-Style Rail Included
    • Fiber Optic Front Sight
    • Adjustable Fiber Optic Rear Sight
    • (2) Ten-Round Magazines Included
    • Adjustable Trigger Stop
    • Stainless Steel Frame
    • Textured Grip Panels with Finger Cuts for Easy Magazine Removal[/FONT]

Thanks! I just got up and checked and none in my box: bummer!
    I did to online and see the rail that is used.
    If I did decide to keep the Victory, I could probably get a used one from someone not using it.

I'm going to spend more time at the range with the Mark 4, Victory and Buckmark to see if I would keep something instead of the Browning.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Finally made it to the range with the Ruger Charger that I bought off a member in January.

Can't say I like the red dot since there is no magnification and I can't see where my shots are hitting beginning at 40' and especially by 50'.
    Once sighted in, for steel shooting: yes.
    For accuracy shooting: give me a rifle with a scope and crosshairs.
    I bought this Charger to keep from going down the rifle path, but now that I bought a Ruger 10/22 model 1132 Mannlicher: it's too late. :dunno:

The only hope for keeping the Charger is if I just use it as a pistol.
    I shot nearly 200 rounds with it this pm using CCI SV 1070 FPS solid lead round nose and some CCI Mini-Mags.
    I'm posting 1 pic showing the progression of adjusting the red dot.

LxLTWUs.jpg

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    For accuracy shooting: give me a rifle with a scope with crosshairs.

There are handgun scopes that would work on the Charger. I have 2x-7x Burris on mine. Despite not liking your red dot/Charger combo you appear to have fired the best series of targets that I have seen from you thus far and at a longer distance. The middle target almost a one-holer.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There are handgun scopes that would work on the Charger. I have 2x-7x Burris on mine. Despite not liking your red dot/Charger combo you appear to have fired the best series of targets that I have seen from you thus far and at a longer distance. The middle target almost a one-holer.

Yes, too bad I didn't have it adjusted enough to the right to have knocked the "X" out: that would have felt manly. :laugh: :ar15:
    The Ruger 10/22 Mannlicher I bought from a member with the Nikon Prostaff 3-9 x40 scope had better shots than with the red dot at 50' last week when I was dialing it in.
    You can trace the improvement (like with Charger target): it did better with the crosshairs for me.
    Since I have no experience with scopes, the $120 Nikon seems absolutely wonderful: I love the way it adjusts (so much better than the adjustable rear sights on a handgun).
    I'd love to pick up a scope to try out on the Charger instead of a read dot to see if it improves things.
    The red dot on a pistol might be fine since it would improve my shooting anyway, but I want the magnification from a scope so I can see where I'm hitting. :dunno:
    I have binoculars I can use if I ever get to an outdoor range to use the 25 yds. or even a 50 yds.
    100 yds. isn't even fathomable to me, especially with the "value" oriented equipment I'm using.
    I know I'll not spend the minimum $2000 "necessary" to shoot with the "big boys."
    Maybe I'll get to buy one "on sale" when someone moves up to yet another level.
    I guess you grow into it, but I'm just starting and thrilled at using the Nikon scope with a stock Ruger 10/22 at 50' (16.7 yrds).
    Areoflyer has been quite helpful in keeping me focused and just concentrate on using what I have instead of going off and buying a dozen rifles (like I did handguns) just to find out which I like.
    WairP8X.jpg

Top Bottom