• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I can understand the need for a centralized 2A political force. My problem is remembering the NRA not accomplishing anything with 6 years of an administration and both houses of Congress in the hands of Republicans that the NRA had rated as pro-2A demigods yet we didn't get Jack **** other than an outstretched hand wanting filled with more money. We need a better return on investment than trying to sail on yesterday's wind. If the NRA would shape up I would change my position but trying to straighten up Congress is enough of a problem without being expected to straighten up the NRA as a prerequisite. It is really quite simple. Put a reasonable share of the money into fighting for the 2A, stop giving A ratings to anyone who doesn't go full Sarah Brady on us, and demand the congressweasels who have benefited actually do something positive rather than deify them for doing nothing.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    It is even cuter that you think the NRA bashing on the INGO started when word of Wayne's corruption came out.
    Before that it was they weren't pure enough or that they sent too many mailings. Even then we were told the GOA was our only hope.
    We used to have a valued member here that had served as a Congressional aide. He said the NRA was the only one at that time lobbying in Congress. They were the only one that Congress knew of and had fear of. He said reached out to the GOA a few times and they would never respond.

I'd say that justified NRA bashing began when people started to see how easily they rolled over and compromised on 2A issues as long as they could protect their members who had $10000 Benelli clays shotguns. Over and over again.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The NRA naysayers were warned early, well before the election this year. They were told that a weakened neutered NRA would result in poor or no lobbying and advertising for the 2A throughout the election.

This is what the NRA does. It is their job. It is why we are members. SO THAT OUR VOICE AS GUN OWNERS IS HEARD.

Now here we are...

In the case of this election, which of the candidates would have benefited from a strong NRA voice? Were either of them "pro 2A?" And as far as the down-ballot elections, what was keeping the NRA from campaigning?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    It is even cuter that you think the NRA bashing on the INGO started when word of Wayne's corruption came out.

This latest bit about WLP's corruption is far from the first sign we've had that the man and the organization he ostensibly leads had issues with corruption.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    This is going to make some of you red hot, but it is the truth as I see it. I don't think that there is enough support among gun owners, in general, for 80% guns or bump stocks. There will be so many battles in the next four years, that pro-gun organizations will have to pick and choose. The organizations don't have the money or manpower to fight every anti-gun bill that will be presented or every ATF edict or presidential executive order. I was disappointed that suppressors weren't taken off the NFA items list, like was promised. Having said that, we gun owners are in for some big battles for our basic constitutional right. We'll be lucky to keep full capacity magazines, as well as, semi-auto rifles and shotguns. Right to carry laws will also be on the chopping block. We'll be in for an anti-gun pandemic and there will not be any vaccine.

They can only take what we give them. Gun laws are unconstitutional and we've given them far too much. They're had to come a point where we say enough is enough.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    I’ve had plans for an AR pistol, I think I’m going to go ahead with the build as a pistol just until I can get a tax stamp to make it an SBR. It’s ridiculous that the ATF has this much discretion when it comes to deciding whether something is legal or punishable by a 10 year prison sentence.

They'll be glad to accept your registration, it makes thier job easier later down the road.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    The brace reclassification comment letter is still on the federal register.

Federal Register :: Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with “Stabilizing Braces”

Why is it still up for comment if it was "withdrawn" as the ATF says it was?

I know the ATF said they withdrew their reclassification.....however, if you click on the link about, the letter is still active and able to recieve comments.

Also, please recerence the attached video for info regarding this. The video was made after the withdraw was published. Is this really withdrawn?

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    A lot of younger gun owners voted jo jorg based on bumpstocks, take the guns first, when your a republican they let you do it, and saying I don't like them talking about suppressors. He lost enough base to lose. Has he stick with the hpa and told wlp to get bent over the request to review bumpstocks his numbers would have been big

They will argue that they didn't waste their vote, but in fact that is exactly what they did.

Top Bottom