• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    4473's aren't 100% registration until private sales without background checks are illegal.
    Police: "Sir, we need to see your guns that are on these 4473's"
    Me: "Uh, what guns? I've traded around for several years and all those guns I've sold or traded to a private party. Are not private sales legal?"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    4473's aren't 100% registration until private sales without background checks are illegal.
    Me: "Uh, what guns? I've traded around for several years and all those guns I've sold or traded to a private party. Are not private sales legal?"

This is pretty much why I will never ever buy another gun on a 4473.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    This is pretty much why I will never ever buy another gun on a 4473.

if you've bought anything in the last 20 years, the 4473 is on file at the gunshop, they're required to hold them for 20 years, after that, they can be destroyed, once a year, they owner of the shop I work at has a bonfire and burns them, NOW the exception is when the shop go's out of business, the shop is required to send all the forms (less than 20 years old) to the batfe for them to store.

about once a year the owner go's thru the forms, and if he finds one with a friends name on it, he pulls it out and offers it to them, he just gave me a 20 year old 4473 that my dad filled out for a 10/22 that I inherited when dad passed

Leonidas

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just SBR it and forget about it. It’s $200.00. NFA gums are so heavily background checked they won’t fall to all this stupid “assault weapon” bans. Then you never have to worry about the winds of change about attachments, can I shoulder it etc... The paperwork is easier now anyway. I’m SBRing multiple lowers just to avoid future headaches.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Just SBR it and forget about it. It’s $200.00. NFA gums are so heavily background checked they won’t fall to all this stupid “assault weapon” bans. Then you never have to worry about the winds of change about attachments, can I shoulder it etc... The paperwork is easier now anyway. I’m SBRing multiple lowers just to avoid future headaches.
    What have you been smoking. You seriously think the Antis will leave your precision items along. This is what they are hoping for, they aren't coming after "my guns", so no worries.

AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    It’s a long thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned already. Remember how long the bump stock ban took? It was over a year. Doesn’t the BATF have to publish the proposed rule change and let the public comment? Only after that can they ignore the comments and implement the change.

There are politicians who want to get rid of pistol braces, so I’m sure it’s being discussed. Gun owners have made it easy for them to ban braces by treating them like rifle stocks. ‘Incidental contact’ wasn’t a go ahead to make ‘pistols’ to circumvent the SBR requirements, but that’s how it was taken. We ruined a good thing and put a thousand videos on YouTube proving it. Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

Leonidas

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What have you been smoking. You seriously think the Antis will leave your precision items along. This is what they are hoping for, they aren't coming after "my guns", so no worries.

Find a crime committed with an NFA gun by the actual owner, not a stolen NFA gun. Their whole argument now is background checks. Can’t get any more invasive than the NFA check. My point is that if you are worried about the flavor of the day with stocks, braces, attachments etc, just SBR it and you can do whatever without worry.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Find a crime committed with an NFA gun by the actual owner, not a stolen NFA gun. Their whole argument now is background checks. Can’t get any more invasive than the NFA check. My point is that if you are worried about the flavor of the day with stocks, braces, attachments etc, just SBR it and you can do whatever without worry.

Go ahead and keep feeding the alligator. I'm sure that when you run out of food, it will never think to just eat you.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...My point is that if you are worried about the flavor of the day with stocks, braces, attachments etc, just SBR it and you can do whatever without worry.

Do you really think being SBR'ed would keep them from coming after your's if they banned "assault rifles" and went for confiscation in any of it's many forms? It would still have all of the banned features.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

NFA items will be the first ones they come after when it comes down to it.

Leonidas

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well, yes, if you look historically NFA items have not been affected by AWBs. If you really think anyone in the US gov is coming to your house to take your guns away, you gotta keep things in perspective. I’m an older dude now and I’ve seen the ebbs and flows of gun control. I also work for Uncle Sam and I can assure you nobody I’ve worked with would go collect weapons. If that order ever came down you’d be hard pressed to see it enforced. Look at the local jurisdictions that have tried it and the sheriffs say, no, we aren’t doing that. It may not be pretty, but the fight will be there.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It’s a long thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned already. Remember how long the bump stock ban took? It was over a year. Doesn’t the BATF have to publish the proposed rule change and let the public comment? Only after that can they ignore the comments and implement the change.

There are politicians who want to get rid of pistol braces, so I’m sure it’s being discussed. Gun owners have made it easy for them to ban braces by treating them like rifle stocks. ‘Incidental contact’ wasn’t a go ahead to make ‘pistols’ to circumvent the SBR requirements, but that’s how it was taken. We ruined a good thing and put a thousand videos on YouTube proving it. Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

They opened up a comment period, but they didn't read it. Bumpstocks took a long time due to several lawsuits and coming up with a way to redefine machine gun. The atf now has the foundation to rapidly change their own rulings on legality of accessories.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well, yes, if you look historically NFA items have not been affected by AWBs. If you really think anyone in the US gov is coming to your house to take your guns away, you gotta keep things in perspective. I’m an older dude now and I’ve seen the ebbs and flows of gun control. I also work for Uncle Sam and I can assure you nobody I’ve worked with would go collect weapons. If that order ever came down you’d be hard pressed to see it enforced. Look at the local jurisdictions that have tried it and the sheriffs say, no, we aren’t doing that. It may not be pretty, but the fight will be there.

They are actively confiscating guns without due process. Even a member here. The processes and tactics are being developed to carry out door to door confiscations.

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

5 minutes after telling the atf goon to f himself.

ATF goon: judge we have reason to believe xxx XXXX bought a gun legally, that we decided is now an illegal assault weapon. Will you sign this warrant?

Judge- *rubberstamp

RIP doggo. Now since we're here let's take a look at your social media activity on all of your devices...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They are actively confiscating guns without fire process. Even a member here. The processes and tactics are being developed to carry out door to door confiscations.

Not sure what "fire process" is, but yes, there was a confiscation, but there absolutely was due process. It's wasn't simply, "let's pick on ...[waves finger over a list of names]... Joe, and take his guns away because we can."

And the confiscation order was certainly not because of NFA items. (though some of the items were such).

I understand your point, but you carried it to FUD territory (not to be confused with "Fudd"). I certainly don't think it's unreasonable for someone to recommend getting an SBR stamp instead of some awkward buttstock that you have to be careful who sees you use it as it was actually intended to be used.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

THIS. When the average mommy figures out that "machine guns" (and related scary NFA items) arent really completely totally banned and illegal, they'll want those gone too. I could see that being the next 1934/1968/20xx act. Just because its heavily regulated now wont protect you from the antis when they really want what you have and are scared of it.

Doesnt matter. Their logic will be that "if Leonidas didnt have the controlled item in the first place, it couldnt have been stolen and then used in the crime! The fact that it exists is enough for them to want it to be gone. "

And the confiscation order was certainly not because of NFA items. (though some of the items were such).

Which as I recall, as reported some of it was, but was not properly registered if memory serves. So fair warning to anyone who has the attitude "what uncle sam doesnt know about wont hurt him." Until they accidentally find them. Oops.

Last edited:

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    This is why they want a national red flag law. They wouldn't implement sweeping confiscation all at once, they could do it a little at a time. At first it would probably be people that actually are a little crazy, most people wouldn't object. After they get the population used to the idea then they can start digging through social media and start going after people with questionable opinions. The media is working to divide the country and attempting to lump groups of people together, even when they don't share the same beliefs (example: "all Trump supporters are racists and bigots"). They would begin taking firearms from "hate groups" and "domestic terrorists". From there it is a domino effect. If they do it slowly enough and people don't resist, it will never end until it's too late...

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Oh boy, sounds like Shockwave-style shotguns with braces may be toast.
    The issue is you CAN NOT take the folding brace into account for OAL (according to ATF, which makes complete sense on a pistol) the shotgun firearms rely on OAL to not be a SBS, without the brace they are NOT over 26” as there’s no smoothbore pistol the only choice is SBS

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    They are actively confiscating guns without due process. Even a member here. The processes and tactics are being developed to carry out door to door confiscations.
    If you’re speaking of the member here last year, there was due process, and criminal charges filed. If and when he is acquitted, he’ll most likely get what’s left of his stuff back, in whatever condition they decide to give it back. Vigo county isn’t Marion County, they aren’t quite so leftist. The Sheriff at the time is a really good dude as well.

Top Bottom