• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    May I suggest a Ruger or Browning Buckmark. Both can be found used for good prices and you will never out grow them. Both are very accurate and have good crisp triggers. They will last a lifetime. I still go to my Buckmark to practice the basics of trigger control, breathing and sight picture. Everyone who shoots pistols should have a GOOD 22 pistol.

Flaregun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Short story...

When I was handgun shopping last year the wife and I checked out a few different stores in town and she was less than impressed with the typical gun shop. Some smelled of smoke and stale cigars I guess...(I must not have noticed) or had guys behind the counter that treated her like the "little lady" etc.. she was not looking forward to shopping for her own handgun and when I told her we were going to Bradis she really expected to find it to be at either end of the spectrum, smoke filled or over priced.
    Turns out she like Bradis, not prudish or over priced, the guys are willing to help with real knowledge and the fact that you can handle the guns on a whim really made her day. She ended up buying on the spot.

I now buy most of my guns or supplies at this store, I like to reward good service. One warning, go early and be patient, over the weekends Bradis is crowded right now, go figure. (Must be the Christmas rush? :dunno:)

:):

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I am not a huge fan of Bradis, funny for listening to what people say sometimes in there. HOWEVER: I have bought a wonderful condition "police trade in" Smith model 66 for under $375 out the door. The gun is in tip top condition and now accompanies me occasionally and takes up home defense duty right now.

Its a good store, pricing a little high on some things, really low on others. Really depends on what you are looking for.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I had pretty good experience with Albros (down on Emerson) back when I lived in that area. It's been a while though.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    well i went to Bradis and i got 2 pistols. i got a ruger mark III and i got a RIA .45ACP 1911 i took it out and did a function test with it and I LOVE IT. they also treated my wife great, but Simons co worker had a tough time gettin the 1911 away from me so i could keep looking for my other pistol :D

Simon you get an A++ Bradis is my new store

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I am an employee of Bradis and contrary to what Ryanmercer has to say we are not one of the highest places in town. The owner is very careful with his pricing and has always prided himself on having great prices. We have one of the largest inventories in Marion County and are always willing to track down anything that someone is looking for. Unless a store in town has decided to just make no profit at all we will meet or beat anyones pricing. Obviously some people don't realize the expense that it involves to have the very gun and ammo in stock that any particular customer might be looking for at any given moment.:twocents:

If your wife is looking for a Competion gun then I would stay away from the Walther. Not a very accurate gun at more than 10 or 15 yds. Look into a Browning or Ruger or the Smith & Wesson 41.

Contrary to what you say, I NEVER EVER said you were one of the highest places in town.

they are starting to become one of the higher priced places
    is what I said, and it stands true on a lot of stuff... and as I did say you often have stuff cheaper than other places as well. If you are going to reference something I said, at least get it right before doing so.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    I used to go to Bradis evrytime I went to Grays- every two weeks. Never bought anything but ammo. It was so poorly lighted I could not see the contents of the cases. They upgraded the light and it was a big improvement. They seem nice enough. I was somwhat concerned about some of the gun handling skills of customers a few times. Don't get to Mooresville anymore. Usually shop at PSS.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Purchases

Marc purchased a Rock Island 45 for himself and a Ruger MkIII 51/2 bull barrel for the wife. Very nice couple. Hope they come back often. Thanks guys I am sure the boss appreciates the business.

Top Bottom