• chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^

You are "saving" her from high cholesterol and a cold breakfast.
    Relish in the fact you are a great parent.

Actually, that breakfast, as presented (egg fried in bacon grease, cheese, bacon), will raise HDL and lower LDL. It's just about the most healthy breakfast you could possibly eat.

(Spoiler alert: carbohydrate raises LDL and triglycerides. Saturated fat raises HDL.)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Tell me you're not going turkey bacon on us?? :bat:

Turkey bacon is awful. That said, my hotel mixed in some turkey sausage links with the usual sausage patties and canadian bacon a few weeks ago. It was actually pretty decent - though that might have been influenced by months of the same, dry, overcooked (but free, so who can really complain?) breakfast meats.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    This is a gun group, so here's what you should do. Get a Bullet, load it with blueberries, apples, mango, strawberries, pineapple, peaches, & milk. Blend it to a mush and pour it over Kashi Crunch over which you scooped some no fat Fage` Greek yogurt. Delicious and full of fiber, protein, vitamins, purple stuff that's good for you (and the occasional phosphorus based pesticide). Use organic fruit if possible. Skip the pig fat and nitrites....

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Turkey bacon is awful. That said, my hotel mixed in some turkey sausage links with the usual sausage patties and canadian bacon a few weeks ago. It was actually pretty decent - though that might have been influenced by months of the same, dry, overcooked (but free, so who can really complain?) breakfast meats.

I have tried turkey bacon, sausage, hotdogs and the burger. It has a odd taste. My ML used to try to sneak that stuff in food. I can tell it's not the real deal a mile way. I don't enjoy it. I'll eat less of the real thing before I eat it. To be totally honest I don't care much for regular turkey either so that might have something to do with it. Dunno.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    You're doing it backwards. You fry the bacon first and then you fry all the eggs in the bacon grease.

Then you save the bacon grease and use for popping corn that night.

Buncha freakin' amateurs in here...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    You're doing it backwards. You fry the bacon first and then you fry all the eggs in the bacon grease.

Make sure you safe some of that bacon grease to mix with you cast bullet lube too. :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What kind of pu*** can't fight his kids over some bacon and eggs and win? The proper response to challenges to your breakfast food is to distribute some body slams and finish with the People's Elbow. A 21 month old isn't likely to be able to take the eggs and bacon from you after that. Do it a few times and they'll accept the cereal every time.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What kind of pu*** can't fight his kids over some bacon and eggs and win? The proper response to challenges to your breakfast food is to distribute some body slams and finish with the People's Elbow. A 21 month old isn't likely to be able to take the eggs and bacon from you after that. Do it a few times and they'll accept the cereal every time.

You grew up watching Leave It To Beaver didn't you?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You grew up watching Leave It To Beaver didn't you?

I'd beat Wally's candy a** for a 1/4 strip of paper thin, pre-cooked grocery store bacon. Think what I'd do to the beaver for a whole piece of thick cut and an eggs that was fried in its grease?

Hmm . . . that didn't sound right.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'd beat Wally's candy a** for a 1/4 strip of paper thin, pre-cooked grocery store bacon. Think what I'd do to the beaver for a whole piece of thick cut and an eggs that was fried in its grease?

Hmm . . . that didn't sound right.

She may hold you to that. If you're lucky.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I love me some bacon grease (it is the only way to prepare fried potatoes properly), but when I make eggs, I prefer to use butter. Just personal taste preference. The butter enhances the natural flavor of the egg, whereas the bacon grease simply overpowers it.

Top Bottom