• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There have been and are places where there is no tolerance for criticism. Some of those places had/ have neighbors and friends who turn in to the authorities those who try to express their views. Some places just put social pressure on people who don't follow the current social trends. I don't want to live under an oppressive system or society like those. Expressing opposite views is healthy, but name calling and brow beating to get some to "toe the line" is not. If, in fact, the left and antis always stick together (which I seriously question) it is not a trait I would want to follow.
    And this is exactly why the left and anti’s win. All anti’s are against all guns. Some here are for all guns, I am in that group. Some here are for their type of guns, use, and or sport, but not all. All anti’s are against all gun messages. Some here are for their type of messages, but not all pro gun messages.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    And this is exactly why the left and anti’s win. All anti’s are against all guns. Some here are for all guns, I am in that group. Some here are for their type of guns, use, and or sport, but not all. All anti’s are against all gun messages. Some here are for their type of messages, but not all pro gun messages.
    Criticism is for the in-group, in private and behind closed doors.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Then say exaactly what is a “stupid gun trick”.

Tex-Grebner-Head.png

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I can't abide everyone thinking the same. Individual freedom of expression is as American as apple pie. Actually no two people think along the same lines on every topic. The difference is that some feel compelled by social norms or draconian laws to suppress their thoughts. I don't expect anyone to feel obligated to agree with me. I do expect them to reasonably debate any differences to try to win me over.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    We were all supposed to be dead by now with only cockroaches left surviving on earth. If the nukes did not get us global cooling, global warming, acid rain, Y2K, or some other disaster was going to wipe us off the face of the earth.

Yet, here we are.
    There's always an alien battle cruiser, or a Korilian death ray, or an intergalactic plague that’s about to wipe out life on this miserable little planet. The only way these people get on with their happy lives is they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I can't abide everyone thinking the same. Individual freedom of expression is as American as apple pie. Actually no two people think along the same lines on every topic. The difference is that some feel compelled by social norms or draconian laws to suppress their thoughts. I don't expect anyone to feel obligated to agree with me. I do expect them to reasonably debate any differences to try to win me over.
    I think this is exactly what you see here at INGO, particularly in a thread such as this one, and discussing incidents such as this one.

What I and others have taken issue with is not that some people disagree with what Lucas did, but that many seem unwilling or unable to articulate what the problematic behavior was and why they consider that behavior to be problematic. The concept is one of discussing/arguing conclusions, instead of discussing/arguing the facts that led to those conclusions.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    There's always an alien battle cruiser, or a Korilian death ray, or an intergalactic plague that’s about to wipe out life on this miserable little planet. The only way these people get on with their happy lives is they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!
    I, for one, welcome the SMOD.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think this is exactly what you see here at INGO, particularly in a thread such as this one, and discussing incidents such as this one.

What I and others have taken issue with is not that some people disagree with what Lucas did, but that many seem unwilling or unable to articulate what the problematic behavior was and why they consider that behavior to be problematic. The concept is one of discussing/arguing conclusions, instead of discussing/arguing the facts that led to those conclusions.
    Facts have no room for arguments. They are what they are. It is the actions of a person or people that are being argued.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Facts have no room for arguments. They are what they are. It is the actions of a person or people that are being argued.
    "Stupid gun tricks" isn't factual. It is a conclusion. Facts are empirical behaviors and actions.
    "Exhibiting this kind of behavior" isn't factual. It lacks objective description. It is a value judgement of facts.

Which is why I asked for facts - to which you responded that I was merely being argumentative.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    When the matter at hand is lawful exercise of a constitutionally protected, natural right? Absolutely.

And especially when the "I know it when I see it" people get basic facts about the encounter wrong.
    I mean, in all fairness they’re just repeating what the antis have been saying about it without actually looking at what happened. Hard to be wrong when you don’t actually have any knowledge of what happened.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I don't even agree with me on everything I believe.
    You are so right. The longer I live, the more I realize that there are few absolutes in life. I also realize that some folks "will argue with a fence post" and some "would complain if you hung them with a new rope". I can't help if some Texas rubbed off on me!;)

Top Bottom